Home
News Post

According to a post at the EA Forums, this might be the final roster for Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
Mike Tyson
Muhammed Ali
Ricky Hatton
Sugar Ray Robinson
Thomas Hearns
Miguel Cotto
Shane Mosley
Jake Lamotta
Marvin Hagler
Roy Jones Jr
Carlos Monzon
Jermain Taylor
Kelly Pavlik
Manny Pacquaio
Pernell Whitaker
Julio Cesar Chavez
George Foreman
Joe Fraizer
Lennox Lewis
Sugary Ray Leonard
James Toney
Roberto Duran
Marco Antonio Barrera
Amin Askanien
Paulie Maliganggi
Kermit Cintron
Eddie Chambers
Arturo Gatti
Tommy Morrison
Corey Spinks
Sergio Mora
Fernando Montiel
Jorge Amando Arce Arementa
Anthony Mundine
Emannuel Augustus
Vinny Paz
Vivian Harris
Billy Dib
Diego Corrales
Erik Morales
Nate Campbell
Ronald Winky Wright
Yuriokis Gamboa
Nonito Donaire
Arthur Abraham
Joe Calzaghe
Robert Gurrero
Edwin Valero
Victor Ortiz

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Writer's Block @ 05/04/09 04:48 PM
There's a new video over at Gametrailers which confirms Pernell Whitaker and Thomas Hearns as well as showing Adamek (who isn't in that list) in length as well. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48847.html

# 22 aholbert32 @ 05/04/09 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
strictly a rumor

Thought so. I really doubt thats happening. Especially with them being cash starpper. I dont see them finding aqn extra million to pay Floyd or Oscar to be in the game.

# 23 JayBee74 @ 05/04/09 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Writer's Block
There's a new video over at Gametrailers which confirms Pernell Whitaker and Thomas Hearns as well as showing Adamek (who isn't in that list) in length as well. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48847.html
Great update to producer Brian Hayes' first breakdown of the game. A closeup of Ali's "dancing feet" at least give the illusion of fluidity. Note Hearn's owning Hatton as he would in real life. Not sure if I buy Roy banging with heavyweights-I mean he only beat Ruiz.

# 24 fistofrage @ 05/05/09 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers94
How can they leave out Floyd Mayweather JR. Thats crazy.
You mean Floyd "Money" Mayweather? The guy who allegedly got $20 Million to wrestle at WrestleMania?

Do the math.

# 25 Tico Da Great @ 05/05/09 02:54 PM
Mayweather Jr. Zab Juddah..B Hop add them im good

# 26 Epiffani @ 05/05/09 04:04 PM
This roster is extremely underwhelming....

# 27 ScoobySnax @ 05/05/09 05:47 PM
Playing as Iron Mike is enough for me

# 28 Vast @ 05/05/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
Playing as Iron Mike is enough for me
lol i know right, the way these guys talk you'd think they've been eating filet mignon and lobster everyday.... when in actuality we've been starving for years and EA is offering us Surf n Turf and it seems these guys wanna spit in their face.

Im just happy they're finally about to feed us some good food. lol

# 29 JayBee74 @ 05/05/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
lol i know right, the way these guys talk you'd think they've been eating filet mignon and lobster everyday.... when in actuality we've been starving for years and EA is offering us Surf n Turf and it seems these guys wanna spit in their face.

I can't understand the complaining about the roster. I'll take Tyson, Hearns, Monzon & Foreman over 90% of FN 3's roster. I'm old school so I would have liked to see Bob Foster in the game but you can't have everything. I hope someone makes a CAB for this guy.

# 30 Po Pimp @ 05/05/09 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballSchemer
I love Mike, but no Joe Lewis?
Joe Louis was a great boxer...for his TIME. He had no type of movement nor hand speed. Who else do u want in the game, John L. Sullivan? How about Tommy Burns?

# 31 Motown @ 05/05/09 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Joe Louis was a great boxer...for his TIME. He had no type of movement nor hand speed. Who else do u want in the game, John L. Sullivan? How about Tommy Burns?
I got news for ya bro...in the Brown Bomber's prime, he could whoop ANY heavyweight's Azz...that's a fact

# 32 Po Pimp @ 05/06/09 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I got news for ya bro...in the Brown Bomber's prime, he could whoop ANY heavyweight's Azz...that's a fact
Are u serious fam? Do u know how much the sport of boxing has evolved? Ali would have a field day tagging Louis. Mike Tyson might've killed the man. Did Joe Louis not lose to Max Schmelling in his prime? Would Schmelling have a chance against any great heavyweight of the past 40-50 years? Hell no!

Its not Joe Louis' fault he fought during the 1930s-40s, but judging by his fighting style, what makes u think he would be competitive? WOuld u even want to be him in a video game? He would have no agility whatsoever.

# 33 JohnnyRu31 @ 05/06/09 09:13 AM
Will we be able to share created boxers?

# 34 N51_rob @ 05/06/09 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRu31
Will we be able to share created boxers?
This is a great question, I would hope there is something like the locker in NCAA or the roster vault of the show.

# 35 aholbert32 @ 05/06/09 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast

Depends on what you like. I'm not that excited about Tyson. I honestly would have taken 5 current fighters not in the game over Tyson. EA probably could have signed those fighters for the price they signed Tyson.

I understand why the signed him (marketing, buyer demand) but im not going to praise EA because they gave us Tyson and a subpar current boxer lineup.

# 36 JayBee74 @ 05/06/09 12:49 PM
Quote:
Did Joe Louis not lose to Max Schmelling in his prime? Would Schmelling have a chance against any great heavyweight of the past 40-50 years? Hell no!

Its not Joe Louis' fault he fought during the 1930s-40s, but judging by his fighting style, what makes u think he would be competitive? WOuld u even want to be him in a video game? He would have no agility whatsoever.
Joe was as technically sound as it gets, plus he had great power in either hand. Even higher praise from Freddie Roach:
"Joe Louis was the best textbook fighter ever. He was a classic boxer."

# 37 JayBee74 @ 05/06/09 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.M.L.
yeah thats fine, but my problem is that the ratings ill be maxed out, which is not fun
Yeah, so why fight a created boxer online?

# 38 fistofrage @ 05/06/09 01:07 PM
Any word on name recognition for created boxers?

# 39 Po Pimp @ 05/06/09 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Joe was as technically sound as it gets, plus he had great power in either hand. Even higher praise from Freddie Roach:
"Joe Louis was the best textbook fighter ever. He was a classic boxer."
All of that "classic boxer" stuff don't mean squat. Here's a list of fighters who would have no trouble with Joe Louis:

Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Lennox Lewis
George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Joe Frazier
Riddick Bowe
Evander Holyfield
Larry Holmes (as much as I hate to say it)

Even the Klitskho (sp) brothers would beat Louis.

I know Rocky Marciano beat Joe Louis, but he was mad old when they fought. Joe could possibly beat Marciano in his prime, but Joe had a suspect chin, and he did get floored by Max Schmelling, who is nowhere near the fighter Marciano was.

Edit: Marciano was only fighting at 184 when he fought Louis. Joe also got very lucky when he beat Billy Conn (who fought at 174 in that fight).

# 40 Motown @ 05/06/09 01:53 PM
Quote:
All of that "classic boxer" stuff don't mean squat. Here's a list of fighters who would have no trouble with Joe Louis:

Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Lennox Lewis
George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Joe Frazier
Riddick Bowe
Evander Holyfield

Even the Klitskho (sp) brothers would beat Louis.

I know Rocky Marciano beat Joe Louis, but he was mad old when they fought. Joe could possibly beat Marciano in his prime, but Joe had a suspect chin, and he did get floored by Max Schmelling, who is nowhere near the fighter Marciano was.

Edit: Marciano was only fighting at 184 when he fought Louis. Joe also got very lucky when he beat Billy Conn (who fought at 174 in that fight).
AND...Louis could KO ANY of these:
Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Lennox Lewis
George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Joe Frazier
Riddick Bowe
Evander Holyfield

Louis had TREMENDOUS power w/ either hand...PLUS he was the BEST combination technician EVVVER! you take those ingredients, put them behind a 6' 1 218 lb frame...ANY of the a fore mentioned fighters are goin' DOWN...next question...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.