Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog. This time Ian takes a deeper look into PRO-TAK.

Quote:
"Welcome back to another Monday blog Madden fans! Talk about an eventful couple of weeks in Madden-land…our first Season Preview event on Thursday 4/24, our cover athletes revealed on Friday 4/25 (including a cool guest appearance by Larry Fitzgerald on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon), the NFL Draft, and last week we even released a blog on the Wildcat formation. We’re hard at work trying to finish the game while still balancing our media release schedule, so with this week’s blog, it seemed like a good opportunity to dive deeper into one of our most important gameplay features for the year: PRO-TAK."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Ian_Cummings @ 05/04/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhobbs321813
Ian can you please please post the vids in here? they arent working for me in the blog
http://vimeo.com/4479007

http://vimeo.com/4477885

http://vimeo.com/4479408

http://vimeo.com/4479306

http://vimeo.com/4478802

# 22 LBzrule @ 05/04/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Don't worry - we're still tuning it. I wanted to get you guys a blog but the feature is still very much work in progress (hence the disclaimer in the blog).

I wanted to put this out there and rely on you guys to know that you're looking at early software. The other option is you get no early looks ever again.
Ian, that modified steering with the OT and DE looks alot faster and alot better.

LB

# 23 Fresh Prince @ 05/04/09 05:25 PM
Very impressive.

# 24 xxjgbxx @ 05/04/09 05:25 PM
Thats going to be one of the keys in my eyes is how often elite LBs need help bringing down big backs

ex Urlacher,Willis, Lewis shouldnt need help ALL the time but i would say 60% of the time they can take them no problem as long as they have a good angle on them and the RBs havent gained to much momentum

But ian what about the cover up feature am i going to be able to use that to get lower so i dont have to use the trucking feature everytime to break some tackles?

# 25 djordan @ 05/04/09 05:25 PM
GREAT STUFF EA TEAM!.....

# 26 Cryolemon @ 05/04/09 05:26 PM
Looks good. Not much more to say that hasn't been said already.

Except maybe to add a Madden'11 wish for up to 22 man interactions

# 27 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/04/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Don't worry - we're still tuning it. I wanted to get you guys a blog but the feature is still very much work in progress (hence the disclaimer in the blog).

I wanted to put this out there and rely on you guys to know that you're looking at early software. The other option is you get no early looks ever again.
very good to know. thanks a lot Ian.

# 28 Hotlanta @ 05/04/09 05:27 PM
I'm happy now.

Although most of this was previewing gang tackling seeing the procedural steering in the block animation seems like it may bring back the fun in playing the D-line again and if what LBzrule has sent to Ian get added too in terms of D-line its gonna be a happy day for me come 8/14.

Liked how the B.Jacobs gang tackle looked.
For the White gang tackle someone already pointed out the stop on dime with Ian commenting on that. I want to comment on the shift in position Reed took after White was being taken down, but knowing this is still being toned I can't really feel a certain way about it.

I really wanna see what it looks like to break out of a massive gang tackle knowing it can be done know thanks to the blog.

CLEATS ON BRANDON JACOBS

Edit: Forgot to say...What's up with the reflection on the visors?

# 29 sharks @ 05/04/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins#20
Just saw it it looks good, but i saw one thing i didn't like. In the ravens video we see Ed Reed come in at an angle which wasn't great and hold up lendale white on the goalline. From here i think white should have been able to push forward quite easily, before the others got there due to his size advantage and the angle of the tackle. I also wonder how often this will happen i don't want every tackle to turn into a multi man gang tackle
I think the ball broke the plane as well.

# 30 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/04/09 05:29 PM
P.S.: That Steve Smith play was one of the best plays I've ever seen out of a WR. That guy is filthy.

# 31 djKianoosh @ 05/04/09 05:30 PM
One MAJOR thing he mentioned was that some teams are better at gang tackling than others. as an Eagles fan, I LOVE this. but, i'm real curious as to how they're going to implement this? Are there team ratings under the hood? is it possible to see these ratings, for example, in franchise? wouldn't it make sense to know, say 5-10 years into franchise mode, that your defense is good or bad at gang tackling?

# 32 Rashad19 @ 05/04/09 05:30 PM
Great Blog!!

# 33 Matt Diesel @ 05/04/09 05:32 PM
Ed Reed hit him so hard his hand went right into White's back.

Looks good for an early build though.

# 34 canes21 @ 05/04/09 05:33 PM
Meh.... The blogs are supposed to get better each week aren't they?

Still looks like the best Madden yet, don't get me wrong. Online Franchise!!!

# 35 bonannogiovanni @ 05/04/09 05:33 PM
Ian, great blog, I'm impressed, will we be able to recreate the great escape of Eli at superbowl 2008 with PRO-TAK? Thanks.

# 36 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/04/09 05:33 PM
Thank god EA has finally notice the panthers and put them up on video as a example. Steve is the man. Smith is one of the best WR in the league right now. But anyway Ian good blog. I enjoyed very much. I am just waiting now to see if any of the nay sayers come out of the wood works to cast doom and gloom on this blog and the game. lol But I think Ian and his crew is doing a great job.

# 37 floridagatorfan @ 05/04/09 05:34 PM
Great blog. A couple of things animation wise that I see could use tuning (Ray Lewis angle on gang tackle and how he sucks into position on the gang tackle) but it is reassuring that they have so much time to get it right so I do not see any reason why it won't be cleaned up. Really looking forward to this year, great work.

# 38 mjussawalla @ 05/04/09 05:34 PM
Pro-Tak IF EXECUTED CORRECTLY, could be the best addition to any football videogame ever.

Any word if this is just going to be on Madden or also on NCAA?

Thanks,

# 39 NYG34 @ 05/04/09 05:39 PM
Ian i really liked how u can steer a defensive of lineman away from the qb. I used to hate when u had like a julius peppers who can rush the qb and cant be touched by the offensive tackle.

I also loved the brandon Jacobs vid. cause in 09 he was less powerful then in real life. now with the new pro tech. could this adapt to any running back besides power back. say ur like Ahmad bradshaw could u be able to like sneek ur way out of the pile if ur like a small elusive running back? can u give us a hint on next week blog.

# 40 lolfalconsbeatu @ 05/04/09 05:39 PM
Loved the Blog...i wish there was more, but there could probably never be enough lol..good job ian & co

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.