Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has posted another Madden NFL 10 blog. This time Ian takes a deeper look into PRO-TAK.

Quote:
"Welcome back to another Monday blog Madden fans! Talk about an eventful couple of weeks in Madden-land…our first Season Preview event on Thursday 4/24, our cover athletes revealed on Friday 4/25 (including a cool guest appearance by Larry Fitzgerald on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon), the NFL Draft, and last week we even released a blog on the Wildcat formation. We’re hard at work trying to finish the game while still balancing our media release schedule, so with this week’s blog, it seemed like a good opportunity to dive deeper into one of our most important gameplay features for the year: PRO-TAK."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Lava @ 05/04/09 09:45 PM
Ian, one thing I noticed in the vid was an art problem. I know it's not the focus of the video and it's just a tiny detail but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me right away. The stripes on the Titans helmet appear to go all the way to the bottom of the helmet on the back. See here:

This is not accurate; in real life they stop fading near the top of the helmet as seen here:

It's not a major problem, but it would be nice to see it fixed if possible. Thanks so much, the Pro-Tak stuff looked great.

# 142 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/04/09 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Ian, one thing I noticed in the vid was an art problem. I know it's not the focus of the video and it's just a tiny detail but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me right away. The stripes on the Titans helmet appear to go all the way to the bottom of the helmet on the back. See here:

This is not accurate; in real life they stop fading near the top of the helmet as seen here:

It's not a major problem, but it would be nice to see it fixed if possible. Thanks so much, the Pro-Tak stuff looked great.
this is what i dont understand . when i look at this image i say dang ??? why is the running back taking a hand-off so high down near the goal lione????
why are you worried about the uniform when the game play isnt right yet ???
if the game doesnt play right are you gonna sit around and play with the jersey and helmets ? gimmie a break thats close enough

# 143 lgxjames @ 05/04/09 10:15 PM
interesting that they can build on this, wondering where this really can go, good blogging

# 144 K_GUN @ 05/04/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNABB51BOI
this is what i dont understand . when i look at this image i say dang ??? why is the running back taking a hand-off so high down near the goal lione????
if the game doesnt play right are you gonna sit around and play with the jersey and helmets ? gimmie a break thats close enough
ha ha

so is the hand-off....close enough

ask 10 guys on the street whats wrong with that pic, i bet more comment on the uniform issue versus the hand-off procedure

PS....save the "i played div 1-aa dude, i should know"

# 145 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/04/09 10:22 PM
anybody who knows anything about football would know you are not gonna be standing str8 up taking a hand off inside the 5yrd line . thats the stupid who in the h!!# is gonna notice a stripe on a helmet it has nothing to do with PLAYING a football game

# 146 K_GUN @ 05/04/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
anybody who knows anything about football would know you are not gonna be standing str8 up taking a hand off inside the 5yrd line . thats the stupid who in the h!!# is gonna notice a stripe on a helmet it has nothing to do with PLAYING a football game
yawn

# 147 cedwebb @ 05/04/09 10:27 PM
Quote:
Sorry bro, "thats close enough" seriously??? really??? As hard core as these guys are at making the game I am sure they don't want that kind of mistake either.

# 148 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/04/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
yawn
OO OK your tired now maybe you'll get a little excitment out of watching replays with the STRIPE faded in the back LOLOL
what a lame

# 149 tennesseetitans @ 05/04/09 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
i dont see ed reed standing up lendale white and although its cool to have gang tackling they shouldnt have it every play where someone takes 4+ players to bring him down or O linemen/D linemen coming over to push the pile it really only happens near the goaline, 3rd and short etc or when a big RB is in the game i just dont want to see chris johnson being held up by
1:13 CJ's a tougher runner than most people give him credit for. Just because he's too fast to be touched most games doesn't mean he can't run through guys.

# 150 Checmate101 @ 05/04/09 10:37 PM
Quote:

Nothing wrong with the handoff man, It's good

At 3:59 Lendale takes the ball like in the still image at the within the goal line

# 151 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/04/09 10:44 PM
yea he did smart guy but that was a stretch play. he wouldnt dare do that on a iso then once again he dropped his shoulder in the highlight trying to get in the endzone. in the PRO-TAK he just runs chest first thats not gonna happen in real life

# 152 K_GUN @ 05/04/09 10:44 PM
@McNabb

Epic Fail?

nah....just fail...i'm tired tonight

# 153 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/04/09 10:46 PM
gun your a idiot . just like you care about socks i care about game play . funny how the RB does this on past-gen hmm could it be because thats how its supposed to look

# 154 K_GUN @ 05/04/09 10:53 PM
Quote:
gun your a idiot

does anybody else see the irony here?

ha ha ha ha

# 155 Methlab @ 05/04/09 10:55 PM
The colors look really washed out, but whatever. Hopefully that will change. The tackling looked very good.

# 156 adembroski @ 05/04/09 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiel
I want to see :58

Nice video. Not a Bears fan but that was tight. I flew into O'Hare recently and was able to actually see the town for once, and seeing downtown was absolutely spectacular.

You're right though, a strip from the pile would be tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManHCP42
Great job. You guys are really making me eat crow and I love it.

One thing, though. I notice that the example everyone seems to use is Brandon Jacobs. I really hope you guys don't end up making him some unstoppable force in the game, because he's really not in real life unless he's going up against defensive backs.

DeMarcus Ware has brought him down singlehandedly on multiple occasions.

Just sayin'
The thing about Brandon Jacobs wasn't that he's overpowered (the running game in general was at CD), but that he felt so much like Brandon Jacobs. When I played Dave, he shut Jacobs down most the vast majority of the game. I made one big play with Jacobs, on a dump off where he was in the open field against safeties. It was the feel that was impressive. You felt like you could just bowl over everyone... and that's the mistake that's gonna get Giants fans beat this year:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtifuljoe71
I would cry if i saw this in game.

I would name my future son after you Ian!!! (Ian Anderson, has a nice ring to it!!)
I hope you have klenex handy on August 14th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
You mean like a bunch of big guys hugging each other? jk

I think you're right, the HB needs to lower their body to brace for impact, and then get stood up if the defender gets lower on them or can lift them up, thus driving them back.

So far all of the ProTak videos have showed us guys getting stood up and stopped. In the next round of videos, it would be very kewl to see a guy lowering his head and finishing off his run, pulling the pack forward with him (and to see it from multiple angles). I have a feeling we're going to have to wait until they get it tuned more though.
It's kind of the player's responsibility to do this. That's what the truck stick is for. If you are controlling it and you don't pay enough attention, you're gonna get hit while standing up.

Quote:
I thought the same way until draft day and I saw the 'Niners new uniforms, and then saw them in Madden. It's not a big deal until it's your team, especially with new uniforms. The 49ers new stripes come down at an angle so only one of them actually completely encircles the arm, the rest cut off at the hem. However, in Madden the all cut off at the hem and the look like regular stripes on the wrong side of the arm (ie running through the guy's armpits). Brand new uniforms... and honestly, I don't even like the slanted stripes... and they were wrong... kinda depressing.

# 157 Droopy03 @ 05/04/09 11:03 PM
I know it says you can hold a player up and change on somebody else and hit stick, but i am wondering can you actually hold a player up and come over there and try to strip the ball (like what the chicago bears is known for) if the ball carrier is not protecting the ball. Thats what I would rather do is get the ball back rather than just hit stick

# 158 SteelerSpartan @ 05/04/09 11:11 PM
I Like the Tech, if polished enough it could truly reach legendary status

But its rough around the edges as evidenced by that L.White vid.

Keep at it Ian and good luck

# 159 Lava @ 05/04/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
Maybe that's what I noticed? I know there are plenty of other guys around here who will notice stuff like the handoff, is there something so wrong with me wanting them to get my team's helmet right? How is that any different than people wanting Ben's 7 to be in the middle of the stripe? Or players stripe socks to be right? Or colored shoes or colored gloves? I don't understand why you're flaming me for wanting them to get it right if they can.

# 160 MCNABB51BOI @ 05/04/09 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Maybe that's what I noticed? I know there are plenty of other guys around here who will notice stuff like the handoff, is there something so wrong with me wanting them to get my team's helmet right? How is that any different than people wanting Ben's 7 to be in the middle of the stripe? Or players stripe socks to be right? Or colored shoes or colored gloves? I don't understand why you're flaming me for wanting them to get it right if they can.
LOLOL only thing im flaming is a whooper playboy. lol i just really dont understand howthe uniform gets people so hyped up. on past gen i did like to throw on the blacks every now and then. or play in my throwbacks . but i never noticed if they didnt have a stripe placed in the right place ECT. if the gameplay isnt tight and i cant get a good game of madden in i wont even give a damn about a sock . how important is it to you ? do you want smooth gameplay of uniforms perfect

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.