Home
Backbreaker News Post

Backbreaker starts at around the 0:58 mark.

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 drae2 @ 05/06/09 05:16 PM
Now that's good stuff!

# 2 El Greazy 1 @ 05/06/09 06:23 PM
Man those hits look wicked, especially the newer ones. I think I'm really liking the lower-GOW inspired camera angle.

# 3 Blzer @ 05/06/09 06:41 PM
That's pretty awesome!

# 4 jaosming @ 05/06/09 06:45 PM
just got shivers watching that, can't wait to see it posted tomorrow

someone on there forums posted that a few websites updated their release dates to July 09, grain of salt

# 5 CreatineKasey @ 05/06/09 07:07 PM
That's the most jacked I've been from a 10 second clip in a LONG time... that last hit... WOW!

# 6 spit_bubble @ 05/06/09 07:41 PM
Man... The potential for this is just too good. At this point I don't even really care if the game sucks, I just want to play it to try out the technology.

# 7 Artman22 @ 05/06/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koshi
Man... The potential for this is just too good. At this point I don't even really care if the game sucks, I just want to play it to try out the technology.
I'm really hoping that this game is good. It's fully customizable so that's great..

# 8 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/06/09 08:03 PM
Backbreaker might have awsome graphics and stuff like that. But without NFL rights BB will fall to the ground so enough. Unlss it suddenly outsales madden then NFL decides it's time for it to NFL rights from EA and give them to BB. But I doubt it will ever happen. BB still will be a good looking game at that. But madden will win out at the end of the day.

# 9 canes21 @ 05/06/09 08:47 PM
You really don't see the video?

# 10 BigTigLSU @ 05/06/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
You really don't see the video?
I dont either

# 11 duke776 @ 05/06/09 09:27 PM
Here's the link guys, it's not showing up for me either, but luckily I already visited the link earlier...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...-and-euphoria/

# 12 canes21 @ 05/06/09 10:48 PM
I say Backbreaker will revolutionize football video games.

Not only will we see a different tackle every time. But this engine allows for individual players with individual moods on the sidelines. This means we could have actual interactive sidelines. We will also no longer see suction animations. This relies on different things then animation perimeters. We also will see correct momentum. This is basically a simulation engine. It simulates real life closer than any other engine to date. Players will no longer warp, the ball won't either. Players will have to plant to turn because there is actually momentum and physics involved, its not all one big animation frenzy like Madden, NCAA, 2k, Gameday, Fever, etc.

# 13 Kitchens @ 05/06/09 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Looked cool, but I don't know if I'm seeing 11v11 in there. Plus, the sidelines were completely empty.

So basically, it's really nothing more than what we've already seen. Plus, the vid talks about the engine used more than the game itself, which still makes this whole thing seem like a big tech demo.

We'll see what E3 brings I guess...
They've already confirmed 11v11. But you're right about the sidelines. It could be that that stuff doesn't show up in the replay, though. We'll see soon, hopefully.

# 14 Cusefan @ 05/06/09 11:37 PM
every hit looks like it belongs in BLITZ, something tells me that every hit is going to be a highlight hit. Like I said before, Give Backbreaker a few years (if it lasts that long) to be anything to write home about. Unless it is extremely customizable, I cannot imagine it having a whole lot of replay value.

# 15 Kitchens @ 05/07/09 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
every hit looks like it belongs in BLITZ, something tells me that every hit is going to be a highlight hit. Like I said before, Give Backbreaker a few years (if it lasts that long) to be anything to write home about. Unless it is extremely customizable, I cannot imagine it having a whole lot of replay value.
True, but why would you put average every-day tackles in a promotion for a football game that features revolutionary tackles? Plus, it kind of depends on the player's style. If he likes to jump at every chance, of course they'll be highlight tackles.

# 16 wrigleyville33 @ 05/07/09 12:05 AM
This does look awesome. I say that you should release this game sometime in the holiday season when most people think madden runs out of gas. (yes 3 months). Sales would be much much better then.

# 17 SouthernBrick @ 05/07/09 03:36 AM
wow...I'm definitely buying backbreaker. I was going to buy it anyway just because of the euphoria. Can't wait for E3. End of the day madden will win but, backbreaker looks like it could have alot of potential.

If the Euphoria tech brings something revolutionary and not huge highlight hits every time you hit someone to the football genre then it could be around for a while.

# 18 drae2 @ 05/07/09 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
No, every hit does not look like blitz. You need to take another look. Those hits are more realistic than in any game so far.

# 19 jaosming @ 05/07/09 09:32 AM
Cusefan, you should watch the Tackle Alley video again and then tell me if you still think those tackles are Blitz like.

The only spectacular hits are the ones where the ball carrier tries to hurdle, and if you look at the NFL, most of the spectacular are when the ball carrier leaves his feet.

# 20 canes21 @ 05/07/09 11:00 AM
Of course the hits will look like highlight hits. Who makes a trailer showing the same old boring tackle that we see 8 of 10 plays?

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.