Home
Backbreaker News Post

Backbreaker starts at around the 0:58 mark.

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bkrich83 @ 05/15/09 01:48 PM
When are we going to see some actual football? Not closeups of tackles? At what point are we going to see and find out about the actual X's and O's pieces of the game?

I keep hearing how this is going to more realistic than Madden, and I hope that's true, but I have yet to see any actual evidence of that.

Hell I am still waiting to see if it's actually going to be published,.

# 62 sb24 @ 05/15/09 02:31 PM
^^^ What he said.

When is E3 anyway? Isnt that when they are supposed to give us the good stuff?

# 63 av7 @ 05/15/09 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
^^^ What he said.

June 2nd to the 4th

# 64 duke776 @ 05/15/09 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
What he means is the animations appear to be more realistic. So, visually at least, this game seems more realistic.
How is his comment ignorant?
If he meant animations, then I took the post the wrong way. What I thought he was talking about was how it represented football gameplay wise. But, if that is not the case, then I apologize.

# 65 canes21 @ 05/15/09 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
^^^ What he said.

No, there is a big announcement before E3. Well, actually in eight days, maybe shorter. Many speculate it is when we'll learn who the publisher is and when its being released. No one is for sure whether they'll be at E3.

# 66 Computalover @ 05/15/09 04:52 PM
I always wondered why folks are so adamant about "dont buy this game because..." or "this will be better / worse than madden.." wow.. if you dont want it.. dont buy it.. and what about this peeps on the sidelines.. madden and ncaa had the same canned animations and NO REFS or CHAIN GANGS for years.. yet folks still bought them. APF from 2k had the best sideline annimation and interaction.. smack talk.. catching folks going out of bounds, real uniforms and it still was totally dissed by the maddenites..

WHENEVER this comes out.. im getting it.. if your not sure.. rent it.. otherwise opinions are like.. well you know.. lol!

# 67 bkrich83 @ 05/15/09 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
This is the part I'm probably most "concerned" about with this game. In thise latest vid, there aren't ANY people, refs, NOTHING on the sidelines. People say "who cares", but I'll bet these same people have been knocking Madden for years about their lack of "the little things".

THe game needs to have SOME sort of immersion through atmosphere or it will quickly become stale, not matter HOW good the physics.
My biggest fear is the actual football stuff. The X's and O's. The Tactics. How ratings will factor in, etc.

Physics engines are great, but without solid football fundamentals this is nothing more than a tech demo.

I am also scared, becasue 2 or 3 years later, we've still seen no 11 on 11 action. We've still not heard word one on the actual football piece of this puzzle.

Despite that, we've got people here declaring it the greatest thing since sliced bread, while having the gall to cal other people fanboys.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.