Home
News Post

Check out the new Fight Night Round 4 video that features unique fighter styles, described by Gameplay Producer, Brian Hayes.

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jWILL253 @ 05/06/09 06:56 PM
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSST POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT!

I like how EA is really reinventing itself this year. Not only with Fight Night, but with Madden, NBA Live, and the like.

This video is pretty cool. I already know what style I'm gonna have: unconventional...

# 2 statum71 @ 05/06/09 08:29 PM
June 30th seems like forever from now.

This boxing is looking as good as ANY game.

# 3 Sausage @ 05/06/09 08:31 PM
Excellent vid. I also noticed Tomas Adamek (I think) and Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker. Can't wait.

# 4 jWILL253 @ 05/07/09 02:42 PM
EA is reinventing itself now. They're going to a "sim" approach, rather than arcade...

# 5 Stumbleweed @ 05/07/09 03:22 PM
Weird, I was very impressed with one of the earlier videos, but this one did absolutely nothing for me. The movement looks... off.. I mostly notice it with quick punches and the impacts.. it just seems slow or soft. Maybe the UFC game is exaggerated or something, but that seems MUCH faster and more crisp to me than these videos. I wince when I nail Chuck with a big stepping body punch in the UFC demo, but these didn't look like real punches for whatever reason.

Just my .02 on the video... I'm definitely still checking out this game, but the "wow factor" wasn't there at all in the video.

# 6 Po Pimp @ 05/11/09 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcooks
what style would floyd mayweather have.
Floyd is a counter-puncher, though he fights in a different style than Pernell Whitaker. I hope fighting styles are fully customizable, meaning punching style versus movement style versus blocking style versus strategy style (which is what they are referring to in the video).

# 7 JayBee74 @ 05/11/09 04:28 PM
Quote:
I hope EA takes a look at this and changes is before release.
LOL-they get 1 of 6 or 7 fighting styles (Foreman's a brawler) and in the video you're referencing a human is controlling Big George. Now what exactly do you want EA to do?

# 8 Writer's Block @ 05/11/09 04:34 PM
Quote:
I hope EA takes a look at this and changes is before release.
Changes what? His punches are exactly the same as the video you show. The only difference is that the person who's controlling Foreman (You do know it's a person controlling Foreman right?) isn't pushing Frazier back and getting his distance.

# 9 Vast @ 05/11/09 04:35 PM
Quote:
George Foreman does not really stand or fight like that in real life. look at these videos.

Real Life

Looks spot on to me. On a side note Foreman was pushing Frazier too much. Isn't that illegal?

# 10 JayBee74 @ 05/11/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Looks spot on to me. On a side note Foreman was pushing Frazier too much. Isn't that illegal?
I always thought it was legal.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.