Home
NHL 10 News Post

EA has just posted an NHL 10 Producer blog.

Quote:
"Hey NHL fans. As we are on the heels of the NHL 10 Community Day coming up tomorrow at EA Canada, I had an opportunity to follow Producer David Littman and get the inside scoop on next year's hockey title, NHL 10.

I was even able to get some juicy tidbits for the hockey community to chomp on while getting a brief tour of the NHL development space. We also get a chance to quickly meet some of the other producers who will also be chiming in over the next months on the improvements to the game and the cool stuff coming for next year's title."

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 gomuherdclassof2k10 @ 05/07/09 06:27 PM
Custom playlist for Ps3 now thats sweet

# 2 ohyeahbaby123 @ 05/07/09 06:31 PM
What else was in the video? Vimeo won't play on my computer.

# 3 wildthing2022000 @ 05/07/09 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
What else was in the video? Vimeo won't play on my computer.
Nothing really it was mostly intro, part 2 will have more info as he'll talk to the guys he introduced.

# 4 Money99 @ 05/07/09 07:01 PM
http://vimeo.com/4535922
(I can't get to this video because I don't have permissions. WTF?)

Anyway, here's what someone found on the video when they freeze framed on the white board in Littman's office:

Quote:
I'm seeing the video in HD right now on vimeo, and below ESPN is reads:

- fighting
- post whistle
- instigation
- interactive crowds
- line matchup

# 5 Stroehms @ 05/07/09 07:07 PM
New crowd textures*

# 6 Money99 @ 05/07/09 07:13 PM
Someone on TheBreakaway.net who's seen the 2nd Vimeo video said that Littman revealed they redid the passing so it's not 100% all the time (Thank Goodnes!!).

And I hope that mention of ESPN means we're going to get some real TV style presentation. Maybe even a wrap-up show or weekly highlight show.

And what about the "post-whistle". I gotta wonder if we'll be able to have post-whistle scrums/fights?

# 7 tyler289 @ 05/07/09 07:13 PM
Crowd improvements, nice. I can't wait.

# 8 shakeable @ 05/07/09 07:15 PM
ohyeahbaby123
He started of introducing the NHL team and some of the members that will keep us updated by blogs etc. Then showing his workspace and what he does at EA.

In the end he specifically said that this year the NHL producers are going to compile top 10 feedback lists from the community containing bugs, glitches, gameplay exploits etc. Showing us what's being done to fix these issues. Before they announce the new features. This is the result of previous years feedback on press releases, where most of the feedback was why they weren't addressing current issues such as dynasty, online, gameplay etc.

So basically they will keep us updated on what they are working on. Instead of keeping quiet and then just release press releases about new features.

# 9 Lubey @ 05/07/09 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Someone on TheBreakaway.net who's seen the 2nd Vimeo video said that Littman revealed they redid the passing so it's not 100% all the time (Thank Goodnes!!).

And I hope that mention of ESPN means we're going to get some real TV style presentation. Maybe even a wrap-up show or weekly highlight show.

And what about the "post-whistle". I gotta wonder if we'll be able to have post-whistle scrums/fights?
I was hoping for post whistle scrums this year, if they ever include it it would be amazing and make it so much more realistic, not to mention fun. The only thing that would suck is that it would happen after every whistle in EASHL. If they could have different controls for after the whistle with consequences (penalties, momentum, team play score), it would be awesome.

# 10 Money99 @ 05/07/09 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Howd he see the 2nd vid?
It looks like it was a leaked video and now it's been removed.
But I think it's part 2 of his video blog. It sounds like we'll be seeing it tomorrow.

Regarding the post-whistle scrums (if there are any) I expect to see a lot of that in the EASHL. But like you said Lubey, I hope there's consequences. If you want to cross-check someone after the whistle, I hope there'll be a parade to the penatly box.

I have no problem dancing with someone after the whistle blows, but there should be an option to walk away so you can draw guys into taking penalties.

# 11 armi5718 @ 05/07/09 08:36 PM
woah, finally I know what all of those computer generated players like Ramajgahagna fdjsigsg look like in real life!

# 12 Clarke_311 @ 05/07/09 08:38 PM
Sweet, can't wait for the Oilers player to come (maybe Tom Gilbert cause he's a gamer). Also excited for those new EASHL features he hinted at that we're gonna love.

# 13 Lubey @ 05/07/09 08:39 PM
Quote:
It looks like it was a leaked video and now it's been removed.
But I think it's part 2 of his video blog. It sounds like we'll be seeing it tomorrow.

Regarding the post-whistle scrums (if there are any) I expect to see a lot of that in the EASHL. But like you said Lubey, I hope there's consequences. If you want to cross-check someone after the whistle, I hope there'll be a parade to the penatly box.

I have no problem dancing with someone after the whistle blows, but there should be an option to walk away so you can draw guys into taking penalties.
Yeah, there should be an option of just holding onto someone so you don't get a penalty.

# 14 statum71 @ 05/07/09 08:51 PM
I got 2K hockey last year because I wanted to play any game in season.

I hope they have it in for this year so I won't have to settle again.

# 15 tyler289 @ 05/07/09 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I just really want better presentation after a goal!
If they add in Ovechkin's glass-jump...I will need new pants.

# 16 ChaseB @ 05/07/09 09:19 PM
F that football noise, I want to hear more about NHL 10. Hopefully the community leader from here brings back lots of info....Nothing too much in this video to get excited about though.

# 17 Clarke_311 @ 05/07/09 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I just really want better presentation after a goal!
Yeah, I know, they're so bad. There's only about 5 of them and they're all pretty bad and why can't only 3 people celebrate at one time???

# 18 Lubey @ 05/07/09 09:32 PM
Because soccer celebrations are crazy.....but yeah I agree that'd be pretty cool. Just make the time duration shorter than FIFA's cause there's more goals and a lot of people milk all the time out of it.

# 19 Lubey @ 05/07/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
http://vimeo.com/4535922
(I can't get to this video because I don't have permissions. WTF?)

Anyway, here's what someone found on the video when they freeze framed on the white board in Littman's office:

I'm willing to bet they did this on purpose. Give a little tease to the community without being slapped on the wrist from the execs.

# 20 Money99 @ 05/07/09 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
Yeah, I know, they're so bad. There's only about 5 of them and they're all pretty bad and why can't only 3 people celebrate at one time???
What they need to do is copy 2K and have real-time celebrations. It looks fantastic in both NHL2K9 and MLB2K9.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.