Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers the rebirth of the flexbone offense.

Quote:
"Hello all, my name is Anthony White and I’m here to share with you all what work we did this year for the Flexbone offense. Going into our current development cycle for NCAA Football 10 our top playbook priority was making sure our version of the Flexbone offense is a more accurate representation of its real life counterpart. We didn’t necessarily want to just take what’s already in place on the Gen 2 versions of NCAA Football. Our goal was to take it above and beyond anything that had been done previously with the Flexbone offense on any platform."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 stoncold32 @ 05/08/09 12:10 PM
Dear God,

Did anyone see how fast that QB was coming out of that option? I hope they fix that. Unless Navy has a prime Mike Vick type QB which I don't know about, there's no way he should be that fast.

Again, I hope this is fixed.

# 22 stoncold32 @ 05/08/09 12:12 PM
I said this in the other thread, but that QB looks WAY too fast on that option run. I mean unless his speed is in the high 90's, there's no way a QB should be that fast on an option.

# 23 J-Unit40 @ 05/08/09 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Dear God,

Did anyone see how fast that QB was coming out of that option? I hope they fix that. Unless Navy has a prime Mike Vick type QB which I don't know about, there's no way he should be that fast.

Again, I hope this is fixed.
Exactly. The QB shot out like a rocket! I don't like that at all. I hope that's going to be tuned.

# 24 pjpants @ 05/08/09 12:22 PM
maybe they have him ramped up for the demo? if we dont have to read any keys on this play its going to be the same crap so dont worry about how fast that is.

# 25 xfactor9600 @ 05/08/09 12:24 PM
I can't watch the videos at work... was there any indication of formation subs (or spell HB) on the play call screens?

# 26 stylee @ 05/08/09 12:25 PM
Josh Nesbitt is the QB in these vids. IRL, he's fast, but not track star fast. Looks too quick in these vids, yeah.

Good to see Jon Dwyer as an impact player. I would think D.Thomas (#8) would be too but I guess the offense GTech runs discourages EA from labeling him as one

# 27 mjussawalla @ 05/08/09 12:28 PM
So without custom playbooks, only 3 teams will have access to this?

# 28 Solidice @ 05/08/09 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
I can't watch the videos at work... was there any indication of formation subs (or spell HB) on the play call screens?
the play call screen never showed, it was in practice mode. I'm sure the quick subs are still there, so spell HB will still be available.

# 29 stylee @ 05/08/09 12:30 PM
Also good to see...Tackle Over. Cool!

But it just chaps my butt that this thing could/probably is still fundamentally broken.

# 30 Solidice @ 05/08/09 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
So without custom playbooks, only 3 teams will have access to this?
6 teams had the flexbone in their playbook in '09, if they keep it and you add Army, it'll be 7 teams.

# 31 canes21 @ 05/08/09 12:33 PM
Not going to lie, but I would rather here about gameplay additions. This is cool for those three teams who run his formation though I guess.

# 32 SHO @ 05/08/09 12:36 PM
This is by far the best news I've heard from this game thus far. I love the flexbone and finally getting a decent representation does wonders for my excitment for this game.

Now if we can actually get some defense, NCAA 10 will be a first day purchase....

# 33 baumy300 @ 05/08/09 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
I was REALLY hoping this was dealing with custom playbooks. We NEED custom playbooks for dynasty, adds so much replay value.
+1

# 34 zoltan @ 05/08/09 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I said this in the other thread, but that QB looks WAY too fast on that option run. I mean unless his speed is in the high 90's, there's no way a QB should be that fast on an option.
i thought he looked a little slow actually..............watching these video reminds me that they need to still tune the running anis a little bit.

last yer qb's were paretically slow.

pretty good update though................ i really thought the focus f the year should have been no huddle spread option offenses since those offenses are missing initally more from their playbook than the flex.

also he said 600 new plays...................... does this mean600 new individually different plays, or just 600 plays in total?

# 35 tyler289 @ 05/08/09 12:45 PM
I will probably never use the flexbone, but it needed serious work. Glad it's done.

# 36 Sandman42 @ 05/08/09 12:45 PM
Use the other thread.

Locked.

# 37 N51_rob @ 05/08/09 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
I will probably never use the flexbone, but it needed serious work. Glad it's done.
That is how I feel. While I may never use it, the CPU teams may run it that you play (ACC teams vs. GT) and it would be better if it works. There is also a guy in my OD that ran with Navy last year and I know this will be a welcome addition.

# 38 stylee @ 05/08/09 12:48 PM
West Virginia and Florida (and Wofford on the FCS level) occasionally run the veer triple from shotgun - if this update had said something about how the blocking schemes, there would be more carryover.

As a flexbone guy, I'm happy that they addressed it - it was the offense responsible for the most big plays in college football last year (20+ yards & 30+ yards).

# 39 J-Unit40 @ 05/08/09 12:48 PM
I'm sure the spread is going to get some love too. Just wait. We already know the Gators playbook is getting an upgrade, which was definitely needed.

I want to see some defense on the field too!

# 40 stylee @ 05/08/09 12:50 PM
Since the other thread was locked -

Quick thoughts:

The motion is much improved. It's nice to see the slots running fast through their option motion so that the pitches can be on time.

Midline with the motion SB lead? Sweet.

The trap option play is cool, though I sort of remember it being in last-gen - minus the actual trap/log by the pulling guard. BUT..that guard runs right into the center and can't effectively get there even in the demo video?????

Thanks for the correct sweep action. Nice to see the B-Back go away from the play, just like in real life.

60 Choice is awesome. Thanks for bringing the Run and Shoot into the flexbone. God, I hope it works smoothly. Three thumbs up.

But, for all the great stuff, there's still the problem that they still are not optioning anyone.

Maybe it's just because they're just going up against air, but the linemen are still doing "walk straight ahead."

Look at the playside guard on Midline Option. He's supposed to ignore the DT and get to the MLB and the QB can option off of that DT. His animation looks identical to that of the playside tackle next to him, whose job it is to base block the DE.

Again, I might be mistaken because they're not actually blocking anyone BUT from everything I've heard, there's still not going to be unblocked defenders to read off of in this game. Disappointing.

I'd really appreciate a developer confirming or denying this. PLEASE???

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.