Home
News Post

IGN has posted nine more new boxers in Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
"Fight Night Round 4 bills itself as having the largest stable of quality boxers ever seen in a videogame. Now we have even more proof of that claim with our reveal of nine more boxers to go along with the last batch of bruisers we showed off last month. Below you'll find the names, a quick statistical breakdown of each boxer, as well as screens of the big-bangers in the ring."

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JayBee74 @ 05/12/09 03:49 PM
I wonder if they'll tone down Lamotta's power in this edition?

# 2 Vast @ 05/12/09 04:14 PM
i dont know how anybody can say the roster sucks. DLH, hopkins, Holyfield and a few others will be included as DLC. but the initial roster rocks!

# 3 JayBee74 @ 05/12/09 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
i dont know how anybody can say the roster sucks. DLH, hopkins, Holyfield and a few others will be included as DLC. but the initial roster rocks!
In total agreement-a great lineup.

# 4 Mo @ 05/12/09 04:49 PM
Chavez in the game, I'm soooo getting this game now.

# 5 aholbert32 @ 05/12/09 04:58 PM
Quote:

LOL...When did they say DLH and Hopkins would be DLC? Also, I could care less about 50% of the roster.

# 6 fistofrage @ 05/12/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Found this on the EA board. Apparently the demo is out in the UK already if you have a preorder code. Can't confirm it's legit but if it is that's some weird ratings. Whitaker 96? and Pacquiao a 85. Foreman and Lewis a 83. How can they be 4 points lower than Toney.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/232071.page

TOMASZ ADAMEK - overall rating - 83
RONALD WRIGHT - 84
PERNELL WHITAKER - 96
MIKE TYSON - 88
JAMES TONEY - 86
JERMAIN TAYLOR - 84
CORY SPINKS - 78
RAY ROBINSON - 93
VINNY PAZ - 85
KELLY PAVLICK - 87
MANNY PACQUIAO - 85
VICTOR ORTIZ - 79
ANTHONY MUNDINE - 82
SHANE MOSLEY - 89
TOMMY MORRISON - 82
ERIK MORALES - 88
SERGIO MORA - 82
CARLOS MONZON - 88
FERNANDO MONTIEL - 84
PAULIE MALIGNAGGI - 80
LENNOX LEWIS - 83
RAY LEONARD - 91
JAKE LAMOTTA - 87
ROY JONES JR - 90
THOMAS HEARNS - 90
RICKY HATTON - 81
VIVIAN HARRIS - 80
MARVIN HAGLER - 92
ROBERTO GUERRERO - 84
ARTURO GATTI - 86
YURIORKIS GAMBOA - 87
JOE FRAZIER - 87
GEORGE FOREMAN - 83
ROBERTO DURAN - 93
NONITO DONAIRE - 88
BILLY DIB - 85
MIGUEL COTTO - 88
DIEGO CORRALES - 85
KERMIT CINTRON - 82
JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ - 84
EDDIE CHAMBERS - 80
NATE CAMPBELL - 84
JOE CALZAGHE - 90
MARCO ANTONIO BARRERA - 84
EMANUEL AUGUSTUS - 84
AMIN ASIKAINEN - 79
JORGE ARCE - 91
MUHAMMAD ALI - 92
I call BS on this. A demo will only show you the 2 boxers, Hatton and Pac. I am positive they don't have acccess to the ratings.

# 7 Vast @ 05/12/09 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL...When did they say DLH and Hopkins would be DLC? Also, I could care less about 50% of the roster.
Its only a hunch. They will drop DLC its just a guess of who will be included. the guys i mentioned were in the last game, no reason why they can't be in this one..... unless of course if EA wanted to make some more money by charging for them.

anyways the 50% of the roster I care about i've never been able to use in a game i care about before, plus i can't wait to try out this engine. If its as good as it seems, every fight no matter who is fighting should be an engrossing experience.

# 8 aholbert32 @ 05/12/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Its only a hunch. They will drop DLC its just a guess of who will be included. the guys i mentioned were in the last game, no reason why they can't be in this one..... unless of course if EA wanted to make some more money by charging for them.

anyways the 50% of the roster I care about i've never been able to use in a game i care about before, plus i can't wait to try out this engine. If its as good as it seems, every fight no matter who is fighting should be an engrossing experience.

Plenty of reasons why they wont be DLC. One the additions of Tyson and Foreman cost a ton. So there is less money in the pot. Oscar and Hopkins arent cheap and harder to pay for if most of the money has been spent.

# 9 Vast @ 05/12/09 05:59 PM
off the top of my head fighters i care about.

Calzaghe, Donaire, Gamboa, Lamotta, Hearns, Leonard, duran, Pavlik, RJJ, Ali, Tyson, Lennox, Frazier, Foreman, Morrison, jermaine Taylor, Sweat Pea, JC Chavez, Cotto, Pacquiao, Erik Morales, Arthur Abraham, Chico Corrales, Hagler, Hatton, Barrera, Mosley, Ray Robinson, Winky

# 10 Vast @ 05/12/09 06:03 PM
Quote:
Plenty of reasons why they wont be DLC. One the additions of Tyson and Foreman cost a ton. So there is less money in the pot. Oscar and Hopkins arent cheap and harder to pay for if most of the money has been spent.
Less money in the pot is true, but they will make money off the DLC. Plus the DLC talk was started by the sites that interviewed the devs. So they must be getting the idea from them. from what i read it sounds like its definitely gonna happen with feedback from the community to boot.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 05/12/09 06:09 PM
Quote:
Less money in the pot is true, but they will make money off the DLC. Plus the DLC talk was started by the sites that interviewed the devs. So they must be getting the idea from them. from what i read it sounds like its definitely gonna happen with feedback from the community to boot.

I'm not saying there wont be DLC...I'm just saying they wont be high profile boxers like DLH and Hopkins.

# 12 Vast @ 05/12/09 06:18 PM
Quote:
I'm not saying there wont be DLC...I'm just saying they wont be high profile boxers like DLH and Hopkins.
then what type of boxers would they be?? I mean im not gonna pay for Chad Dawson or the Tarvers of the world without a big name thrown in, neither is Joe Schmoe.

# 13 JayBee74 @ 05/12/09 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I call BS on this. A demo will only show you the 2 boxers, Hatton and Pac. I am positive they don't have acccess to the ratings.
BS on the ratings-Sweet Pea 96, Gatti 86 over PacMan-85. Has to be made up.

# 14 jvalverde88 @ 05/12/09 08:00 PM
I call BS on the ratings. The two important fighters in the game, Ali and Tyson, need to be the best fighters in the game not Sweet Pea.

# 15 JayBee74 @ 05/12/09 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I call BS on the ratings. The two important fighters in the game, Ali and Tyson, need to be the best fighters in the game not Sweet Pea.
This from a TeamXbox interview with the Fight Night Round 4 team (Brian Hayes (gameplay producer), Jeff Atienza (line producer) and Mike Mahar (legacy mode producer)

TeamXbox: It’s always interesting to see how EA’s sims of March Madness or the Super Bowl play out. We’re curious who’s the pound-for-pound best boxer of all time according to Round 4? Like, is there a guy that all the testers use to dominate?

Fight Night Round 4 team: The obvious answer is that, because Tyson is in the game, he’s the favorite. That’s not because it’s imbalanced or because he’s easier to use. It’s just that people LOVE to use Tyson. We’ve seen it in demos with players that pick up the game for the first time. You can feel a grin come over their face when they choose Tyson. Like “Oh my god…I’m Mike Tyson!! I’m going to kill you!” [chuckles]

The highest rated boxer in the game is Sugar Ray Robinson, though. And that’s mainly because he’s universally accepted as the pound-for-pound best fighter in history. But keep in mind, style makes fights in Round 4, so pretty much anybody in the game can give Sugar Ray a good fight.

# 16 JayBee74 @ 05/13/09 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
Well the above ratings must be wrong if Sugar Ray is the highest rated boxer in the game.
I'd bet on it. The article was dated April 17th.
Sugar Ray #1

# 17 jvalverde88 @ 05/13/09 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
This from a TeamXbox interview with the Fight Night Round 4 team (Brian Hayes (gameplay producer), Jeff Atienza (line producer) and Mike Mahar (legacy mode producer)

TeamXbox: It’s always interesting to see how EA’s sims of March Madness or the Super Bowl play out. We’re curious who’s the pound-for-pound best boxer of all time according to Round 4? Like, is there a guy that all the testers use to dominate?

Fight Night Round 4 team: The obvious answer is that, because Tyson is in the game, he’s the favorite. That’s not because it’s imbalanced or because he’s easier to use. It’s just that people LOVE to use Tyson. We’ve seen it in demos with players that pick up the game for the first time. You can feel a grin come over their face when they choose Tyson. Like “Oh my god…I’m Mike Tyson!! I’m going to kill you!” [chuckles]

The highest rated boxer in the game is Sugar Ray Robinson, though. And that’s mainly because he’s universally accepted as the pound-for-pound best fighter in history. But keep in mind, style makes fights in Round 4, so pretty much anybody in the game can give Sugar Ray a good fight.
homerism in my part, how can I forget about Suger Ray Robinson

# 18 Darkleaf @ 05/13/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers94
UMMMM what happend to ( Floyd Mayweather J.R )
For the 1000th time he wants too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

# 19 SteelerSpartan @ 05/13/09 05:33 PM
Dang no Sugar Shane pics again

# 20 jvalverde88 @ 05/13/09 10:20 PM
Just downloaded the demo for the ps3, ratings are legit.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.