Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"This year NCAA Football seems to be staying away from earth shattering gameplay changes and, instead, is concentrating on brand new features and game modes that you won't find anywhere else."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Potatoes002 @ 05/13/09 07:26 PM
But they have focused on gameplay this year. We got a pocket and OL DL interactions, new ai, and bunch of other things (check solidice's thread). What besides the terrible dl and speed getting out of hand and robo qb was wrong with the gameplay? Havent this all been fixed for this year?

# 22 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/13/09 07:26 PM
Well I am pretty happy for ncaa 10. But a few things I kind of don't like that they have added to the defense all that. But apart from that. NCAA10 is going to rule.

# 23 zoltan @ 05/13/09 08:18 PM
its cause IGN is all into RPG and first person shooter games, and they get a sports game and they immediately give it reat ratings no matter how good it is.......

i doubt they spend more then 15 minutes playing it.

# 24 Solidice @ 05/13/09 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Well the people at IGN did make the famous quote

"ESPN NFL 2K5 will own your soul"

5 years later nothings topped it. So i wouldnt say they dont know anything about sports games.
yes, but can you put much into the preview from this guy(he is the one that wrote this article)

# 25 moylan1234 @ 05/13/09 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I haven't been here much cause I've been very busy with the game. I have pretty thick skin, just sometimes I have to stop myself from replying to things!

As far as the Madden and NCAA stuff, it is probably cause Ian does such a good job with his blogs. He also gets to talk about the gameplay changes as Madden pays the bills, and then all NCAA can talk about is our non-gameplay elements (the NCAA specific gameplay stuff is still being kept quiet). It really gives the impression that Madden is being made for the hardcore gamers while NCAA is for the casual crowd.

I just wish people would stop posting how Madden 10 is so much better than NCAA 10... considering nobody has played them.
this is great to hear especially since i preordered today

# 26 ChubbyBanana @ 05/13/09 08:58 PM
That article was what I expected it to be.

Some promising things mentioned. Can't wait to try it out myself.

# 27 countryboy @ 05/13/09 09:01 PM
Praise or hate, an article printed in a magazine or on a website by a gaming site, is still nothing more than one man's opinion.

In other words, I'll wait to see for myself.

# 28 Pokes404 @ 05/13/09 09:54 PM
I still can't figure out why people think that NCAA has made no changes to the gameplay, just because they haven't had any blogs specifically talking about them. In numerous Madden blogs, they state that these adjustments will also be featured in NCAA. Well, once they've said that, what's NCAA supposed to do? Repeat the exact same blog two days later? The Madden blog already explained how the new technology works, so all NCAA can really talk about is new additions that are exclusive to their game. And they won't let NCAA debut info on a major improvement that's going to be in both games because Madden is the bigger seller.

Now I realize that not all the Madden improvements are in NCAA (9 man gang tackling would be nice) but they certainly haven't added nothing to the game. And as for accessories (towels, team cleats, etc.) that didn't make it into NCAA, Madden only has to worry about 32 teams, NCAA has to worry about 120. How much more time and disk space must that take up when you have around 90 more teams once you figure in the additional stadiums, uniforms, and rosters you have to make. I can't say I blame the NCAA team when Madden has more time and resources to get a few more accessories in the game.

I'm not saying that we should just go along with anything EA says, but I am saying that people need to chill out a little bit. I have no problem with people conveying their disappointment when something gets left out, but don't dwell on them and assume it didn't get in because "EA is lazy." If the game comes out in July and no changes have been made to the gameplay and many of last year's problems are still evident, then you can post whatever you want. But until then, at least give them a chance.

# 29 Lava @ 05/13/09 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
But they have focused on gameplay this year. We got a pocket and OL DL interactions, new ai, and bunch of other things (check solidice's thread).
Yeah, but Madden got all of those and more. The unannounced gameplay feature OMT is referring to is going to have to be something pretty major to make up the difference, and I'm sure that Madden has plenty of amazing things they haven't announced as well considering it comes out after NCAA.

# 30 floridagatorfan @ 05/13/09 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I haven't been here much cause I've been very busy with the game. I have pretty thick skin, just sometimes I have to stop myself from replying to things!

As far as the Madden and NCAA stuff, it is probably cause Ian does such a good job with his blogs. He also gets to talk about the gameplay changes as Madden pays the bills, and then all NCAA can talk about is our non-gameplay elements (the NCAA specific gameplay stuff is still being kept quiet). It really gives the impression that Madden is being made for the hardcore gamers while NCAA is for the casual crowd.

I just wish people would stop posting how Madden 10 is so much better than NCAA 10... considering nobody has played them.
I've been waiting for a post like this from some NCAA developer as to why it seems like nothing about gameplay has been released. I'm still not sure how I feel this game will turn out but at least there are still things with gameplay that have yet to be discussed and NCAA isn't just being designed for the casual gamer.

I don't care much for all the new modes, as some might be cool, but I'd rather have Dynasty worked on much more and gameplay to be completely overhauled. My hope is that they have done a lot of work on run blocking as this was something I cannot stand from '09.

Also, I am not a big fan of the guess run left right middle or pass pre play. In the video I saw of it it was very unrealistic as players would run immediately left without even watching the play develop. I would rather them change it to focus on run or pass and at least this way if you chose to focus on run, to combat this a playaction would freeze the linebackers and allow a TE to split them with a seam over the top. Hopefully this feature will at least be tuned better than what was shown in the IGN videos.

Look forward to hear some of the bigger gameplay improvements when you guys are able to talk about it.

# 31 rudyjuly2 @ 05/13/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

I hope you are right OMT. That IGN review was terrible. The fact he said the camera was the same made me feel that he was clueless. I'll take your word for it that the review is brutal.

I know I've been critical of the NCAA info coming out compared to Madden but it's hard not to be jealous with some of the blogs and info coming out of the Madden camp. Then you get them actually posting games and impressions on OS. I wish the NCAA team could do the same.

# 32 rhombic21 @ 05/13/09 10:25 PM
It would certainly help if we could get some gameplay videos on a reasonable difficulty setting to see how gameplay has changed.

# 33 jms493 @ 05/13/09 10:32 PM
will their be difficulty levels???

Or adaptive Ai like Madden?

# 34 Lava @ 05/13/09 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493

Both.

# 35 jfsolo @ 05/13/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I hope you are right OMT. That IGN review was terrible. The fact he said the camera was the same made me feel that he was clueless. I'll take your word for it that the review is brutal.

I know I've been critical of the NCAA info coming out compared to Madden but it's hard not to be jealous with some of the blogs and info coming out of the Madden camp. Then you get them actually posting games and impressions on OS. I wish the NCAA team could do the same.
It is puzzling and frustrating that the NCAA team members are under mandate to keep quiet about so much of what new in the game- gameplay, A.I. and Dynasty wise.

I guess the TPTB are waiting for E3 to let the information flow begin.

# 36 jaydee6385 @ 05/13/09 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
Well rest assured that there are a number of people here that really appreciate the work you and the rest of the staff do. Also, there will also be some Debbie Downers who can never fully enjoy a game because they always look for something wrong than the many things that are right.

I actually like that many of the new gameplay changes have not been announced... its not a bad thing to be excited when you open the box on release day to see what is new. I wonder why so many people think about games in the past and how much they loved them... probably because they didn't sit on a website picking the game apart for months before and after it has been released.

this is exactly what is happening.

# 37 sportzbro @ 05/13/09 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee6385
this is exactly what is happening.
or simply because the games were just better back in the day..

btw, not surprising that IGN article sucked.

# 38 jaydee6385 @ 05/13/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
or simply because the games were just better back in the day..

btw, not surprising that IGN article sucked.
yeah that too. lol.

but we really didn't critique games back then like we do now.

i guess it's a good thing that we can discuss them.

# 39 mercalnd @ 05/13/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493

The adaptive AI that has been added in NCAA and Madden 10 has nothing to do with the difficulty automatically adjusting in Madden 09 even though I think they used some of the same terminology last year.

This new adaptive AI is about the CPU changing its strategies during the game based on what is working or not working against the user on both sides of the ball, much like what coaches do in a real game. It's not about difficulty, just about realistic strategies.

Also, Madden never took out the actual difficulty levels in 09. You were able to turn off the Madden Skill or whatever it was called that adjusted difficulty on the fly.

# 40 eritraj @ 05/14/09 12:03 AM
"the real bread and butter is in the Season Showdown and TeamBuilder modes..."

AWESOME!

Two features I will never use...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.