Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"This year NCAA Football seems to be staying away from earth shattering gameplay changes and, instead, is concentrating on brand new features and game modes that you won't find anywhere else."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 boritter @ 05/14/09 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I hope you are right OMT. That IGN review was terrible. The fact he said the camera was the same made me feel that he was clueless. I'll take your word for it that the review is brutal.
Actually, IGN said the DEFAULT camera is the same. The exact words were:

"The default gameplay camera angles are the same..."

Yes, IGN should have said there are new camera angles. But I doubt they even noticed.

# 42 Teddy_Long @ 05/14/09 12:25 AM
let me get this straight, we get no real new animations, no presentations, no camera angles, but we get team builder and some lame showdown gimmick? lol

# 43 mercalnd @ 05/14/09 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
Actually, IGN said the DEFAULT camera is the same. The exact words were:

"The default gameplay camera angles are the same..."

Yes, IGN should have said there are new camera angles. But I doubt they even noticed.
Actually, there is still only one camera angle in the game but it's been modified so they definitely should have noticed.

# 44 adembroski @ 05/14/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eritraj
"the real bread and butter is in the Season Showdown and TeamBuilder modes..."

AWESOME!

Two features I will never use...
Good, because I'll use Team Builder enough for both of us.

I wish people would stop acting butt hurt because there's a feature others might like but they don't. I doubt too many of us give two ****s about Season Showdown, but I'd say a very good sized portion care a great deal about Team Builder... and I have no problem saying, "sure, go ahead and throw in a mode for the casual fan since you've thrown me a bone with TB." I'm perfectly cool with that.

I personally don't think NCAA is going to be, on the field, better than Madden this year. Hard to fault them, they've been the better game all but two or three of the past 10 year in virtually every department... game play (has been back and forth until NextGen, where NCAA's ran away with it), franchise vs. dynasty (no contest, never has been), superstar vs. campus legend (again, no contest), online options (duh), atmosphere and presentation... name an area Madden's been better over the past 10 years.

I can think of one, and that's playbooks. Madden's gonna win the battle this season on the field, but NCAA will win, once again, off of it. However, I do anticipate a highly improved gameplay, and to me, with the retuned adjustments to the draft classes in Madden, that makes it worth the purchase.

It's always been one game too me. NCAA + Madden, the paradigm. I can't have one without the other.

# 45 zoltan @ 05/14/09 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I can think of one, and that's playbooks. Madden's gonna win the battle this season on the field, but NCAA will win, once again, off of it.
so are you saying that Madden is going to have better playbooks than NCAA this year???

well i certainly hope that is not that case

# 46 adembroski @ 05/14/09 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
so are you saying that Madden is going to have better playbooks than NCAA this year???

well i certainly hope that is not that case
No, I'm saying Madden has already had better playbooks. When I say that, I'm talking in terms of "replicating what the team really runs".... NCAA's playbooks are all fairly generic and far from 100% team specific.

NCAA has better playbooks in the sense that there's much more variety of styles in college football, but in terms of team-by-team flavor, you've got 120 teams vs. 32... it's a lot easier to get 32 to be fairly faithful to what the teams actually run than 120.

# 47 adembroski @ 05/14/09 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
I'm sorry, but team builder doesn't really do much for me. I'm not going to knock anybody who wants and will enjoy it, I mean to each his own. However Team builder doesn't do anything to improve the overall experience of the game. It doesn't improve gameplay, presentation, cosmetics, or any other vastly important aspect of the actual game. From what I've gathered, and I could very well be wrong, but you're getting a rehash of last years title with some new custom teams. That's enough for you?
No, but I know that's not not the case. The upgrades being carried over from Madden are what make NCAA a buy for me. PA, branching animations, steerable animations, pocket forming, and improved pursuit angles.

I understand team builder doesn't do much for some, and more power too you. My entire point was that your opinion is not shared by all. I think a quick glance at the first two pages of this forum proves that pretty conclusively.

# 48 acts238shaun @ 05/14/09 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Woah! What?
Unless I am mistaken QFT is short for "Quote for truth". I usually don't abbreviate, but it fit there.

# 49 adembroski @ 05/14/09 01:33 AM
Let me be clear; I wish NCAA was taking the Madden route all around and rededicating themselves to 100% sim. I really do. I have no doubt that this will be the first year since 2005 that I play more Madden than NCAA. Is NCAA going to be the game I wish it was? No, it wont, but the upgrades that are making the leap, with the addition of team builder (CAT has always been one of my favorite features), make NCAA a buy for me.

That doesn't mean I'm granting the game an A+.

# 50 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 02:02 AM
adembroski did you play both at the cd?

# 51 hayvis @ 05/14/09 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
It would certainly help if we could get some gameplay videos on a reasonable difficulty setting to see how gameplay has changed.
This is key. We're only eight weeks from release, and I'm worried that E3 is going to be used as a smokescreen for raw footage. We need to see the gameplay thoroughly in action before E3 so that we can make a decision on it without being smothered in more media hype videos, a la NFL Draft.

# 52 adembroski @ 05/14/09 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
adembroski did you play both at the cd?
No

# 53 rudyjuly2 @ 05/14/09 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
No
Have you had any hands-on experience with NCAA 10?

# 54 J-Unit40 @ 05/14/09 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.
That is fantastic news! How did I miss this comment yesterday? I cannot wait for this game!

Thanks OMT. You got my all amped again.

# 55 Maximus205 @ 05/14/09 10:09 AM
Regardless i'm buying both. Cause I have to get my NFL rookies from somewhere.

# 56 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Have you had any hands-on experience with NCAA 10?
does this mean that no one from these boards has?

# 57 kindella2 @ 05/14/09 10:42 AM
i really amazes me how some people on here take others opinion as absolute law...this guy reviews a demo of the game and now it reeks cuz he said so.
WOW...

Thanks to OMT and the team for the hard work they put in despite everything they have to put up with from the community.

# 58 rudyjuly2 @ 05/14/09 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
does this mean that no one from these boards has?
Yes and no. I don't think any of the big time posters in here went to the CL event. But there are prominent members of other sites that did go and also post occasionally at OS.

CDJ of NCAA Strategies, Bangpow of Consolesports.net, and Pastapadre of pastapadre.com all went and post here occassionally. All of them have been tight lipped about what they saw there. The Madden CL team has been more open. I'm sure there are more guys as well.

Check out this blog (I can't see it at work). I think some info is in there.
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...l/default.aspx

Check out this older OS thread as well: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showt...ight=community

# 59 greenegt @ 05/14/09 11:01 AM
I have high hopes, this year. The devs took a beating with NCAA 09's gameplay, so I really think they've taken that to heart. Of course, we won't know until we get some gameplay vids and see for ourselves, but I'm keepin the faith.

# 60 hayvis @ 05/14/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
That is fantastic news! How did I miss this comment yesterday? I cannot wait for this game!

Thanks OMT. You got my all amped again.
As an EA rep, that's his job! I'd rather trust the critics.

Give me loads of video footage of the game in action before the E3 smokescreen and I'll start trusting. Give me words and I'm going to remain deeply skeptical.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.