Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"This year NCAA Football seems to be staying away from earth shattering gameplay changes and, instead, is concentrating on brand new features and game modes that you won't find anywhere else."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 hayvis @ 05/14/09 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
id rather trust myself, OMT and the EA guys are going to hype the game because thats their job and the guys at IGN arent the best guys to go to for sports reviews. So ill wait till the game comes out and judge myself. Im getting the game either way because i love college football and teambuilder will get plenty of use from me but as far as how the gameplay is, i'll wait till i get a chance to play the game instead of coming to conclussions from other people's opinions and videos.
I think the lack of video footage is worrying for NCAA 10. I think we could make up our minds if we saw whole games on decent difficulty settings. EA seem to be intent on selling this thing with words this year and loads of people are loving that, which means that they've done their job. It will probably sell half a million in opening week. Then people will start getting very angry (just a prediction)...

# 62 hayvis @ 05/14/09 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
They will only be angry if it isn't a good game.

I do agree with you though. I was taught early on that the only thing you have in your life is your word. Trust goes along way with me and I don't trust anything coming from any of the EA brass. They lost my trust long ago.
I'm just making a personal prediction, that even if the issues are fixed from 09 and we see some better O/D line interaction, people are going to get bored of this game pretty quickly, and start getting angry. That on top of the fact that I'm not sure if it's all even fixable without getting deeper under the hood than EA have gone this year.

But I agree with everything you've been saying. Teambuilder is a blowout for me and it seems to be what they're going to hang everything on. For me Teambulder is directly comparable to campus legend - You have to sacrifice authenticity to use it. I can't understand why roster freaks are loving this Teambulider so much when it destroys authenticity so much more than inaccurate rosters. The minute you put a CAS team in there it becomes "My Imaginary NCAA League". If I could have used it to sub out generic FCS teams then I might have given it a chance.

# 63 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Yes and no. I don't think any of the big time posters in here went to the CL event. But there are prominent members of other sites that did go and also post occasionally at OS.

CDJ of NCAA Strategies, Bangpow of Consolesports.net, and Pastapadre of pastapadre.com all went and post here occassionally. All of them have been tight lipped about what they saw there. The Madden CL team has been more open. I'm sure there are more guys as well.

Check out this blog (I can't see it at work). I think some info is in there.
http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...l/default.aspx

Check out this older OS thread as well: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showt...ight=community
thanks looking forward to reading these

# 64 countryboy @ 05/14/09 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
As an EA rep, that's his job! I'd rather trust the critics.

Give me loads of video footage of the game in action before the E3 smokescreen and I'll start trusting. Give me words and I'm going to remain deeply skeptical.
why trust anyone else's judgment other than your own?

I'll wait and make my judgment once I play the game.

# 65 hayvis @ 05/14/09 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
why trust anyone else's judgment other than your own?

I'll wait and make my judgment once I play the game.
My order of trust for NCAA Football 10:

1 - Myself
2 - Anyone other than EA
3 - EA

# 66 countryboy @ 05/14/09 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
My order of trust for NCAA Football 10:

1 - Myself
2 - Anyone other than EA
3 - EA
stick with #1...you'll be much better off in the long run.

The reason I say that is because game critics provide us with their opinion based on what they are looking for in the game, which may or may not be similar to mine.

# 67 rudyjuly2 @ 05/14/09 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
You're saying that 10 does not feel very similar to 09 on the field? I can't wait until some regular gameplay videos are released, when I can judge whether you're BS'ing or not. I hope you're right but I certainly have my doubts.
Don't read that first paragraph in the quote. J-Unit kind of misquoted it. The first paragraph is what the IGN guy wrote and OMT had that in italics. The second paragraph is what OMT responded with (see my current sig).

# 68 sportzbro @ 05/14/09 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
(wow a whole $5 good heavens)
hey now, thats a foot-long

# 69 nxt @ 05/14/09 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.
This is the kinda stuff I want to hear more about... I can't wait to see actual gameplay vids (not highlights) that show off the above gameplay improvements.

# 70 Entiae @ 05/14/09 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Woah! What?
I think he meant 'Quoted For Thruth'.

And that's good to hear, OMT.

# 71 Solidice @ 05/14/09 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Rebel
I find it funny that everyones running in hear saying "Oh thanks OMT for telling us how great the game is, I'm pumped again!". What's he supposed to say? EA has even less credibility than IGN.
you mean, the same thing people are doing in the Madden forum with Ian?

yea, funny.

# 72 MMAsterkillah @ 05/14/09 05:00 PM
I'm sure I will have some fun with it, but it doesn't look or sound like it will be anything groundbreaking, which is obviously what the NCAA series needs.
Fixing a large number of these obvious problems makes for what '09 should have been, but gimmicky modes and minor tweaks aren't going to save the series.

Football games have gotten a bit stale in terms of presentation and value, and simple, yet major online dynasty upgrades could easily be implemented, to bring far more time value to this game. There is no excuse that we don't have the deepest dynasty modes ever seen as of yet.

Most people won't want to waste their life away online doing things to improve their team, but if I want to hop online at midnight while I'm drunk and spend 2 (what would currently be useless) hours in the online dynasty doing something productive for my squad (practice, more advanced recruiting, playbook tweaks etc.) than my team should be better off for it. Coaches always have things that they can prepare their team for so that they are ready for the next big game, and I wish we could do more of this in online dynasty.

Spend your time making major gameplay and presentation adjustments, and pair that with making online dynasty insanely deep and I will be thrilled for years to come. Football is unpredictable, the game should play a bit more in that mold. Also, make Eddie George style (or in some cases Ron Dayne style) RB's on the regular so that all types of players have ups and downs that are obvious within the 11v11 action we see on Saturdays.

PM me for suggestions for online dynasty tweaks, EA Sports.

# 73 michigan21 @ 05/14/09 07:40 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, but team builder doesn't really do much for me. I'm not going to knock anybody who wants and will enjoy it, I mean to each his own. However Team builder doesn't do anything to improve the overall experience of the game. It doesn't improve gameplay, presentation, cosmetics, or any other vastly important aspect of the actual game. From what I've gathered, and I could very well be wrong, but you're getting a rehash of last years title with some new custom teams. That's enough for you?
I couldnt agree more. For 60 bucks in this economy I dont think so.

# 74 michigan21 @ 05/14/09 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAsterkillah
I'm sure I will have some fun with it, but it doesn't look or sound like it will be anything groundbreaking, which is obviously what the NCAA series needs.
Fixing a large number of these obvious problems makes for what '09 should have been, but gimmicky modes and minor tweaks aren't going to save the series.

Football games have gotten a bit stale in terms of presentation and value, and simple, yet major online dynasty upgrades could easily be implemented, to bring far more time value to this game. There is no excuse that we don't have the deepest dynasty modes ever seen as of yet.

Most people won't want to waste their life away online doing things to improve their team, but if I want to hop online at midnight while I'm drunk and spend 2 (what would currently be useless) hours in the online dynasty doing something productive for my squad (practice, more advanced recruiting, playbook tweaks etc.) than my team should be better off for it. Coaches always have things that they can prepare their team for so that they are ready for the next big game, and I wish we could do more of this in online dynasty.

Spend your time making major gameplay and presentation adjustments, and pair that with making online dynasty insanely deep and I will be thrilled for years to come. Football is unpredictable, the game should play a bit more in that mold. Also, make Eddie George style (or in some cases Ron Dayne style) RB's on the regular so that all types of players have ups and downs that are obvious within the 11v11 action we see on Saturdays.

PM me for suggestions for online dynasty tweaks, EA Sports.
The lack of presentation has killed this series for me. There is no immersion factor with ncaa. Instead we get **** like mascots crip walking. Really? Give us a halftime show, post game show end of the week show, something. College football is all about presentation and flair. Ncaa has none of that.

# 75 countryboy @ 05/14/09 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
+10

LMAO.... I think it is funny too. I loved in another thread I was just reading "I AM SO EXCITED." It is definitely entertainment while bored at work.
Yep..almost as funny as people putting down a game they've never played.

# 76 countryboy @ 05/14/09 09:20 PM
Quote:
Yeah, with the difference being Madden has actually shown progress. We've seen videos, they've kept us involved, added what we wanted after it had initially been left out(cleat colors and sock lengths), etc. We've actually seen progress. Ian took a note from the success the SCEA devs had with MLB The Show and they've seemingly gotten on the right track. All we've seen from NCAA is team builder and team showdown. Same dance same song.
So because Madden has shown videos and NCAA hasn't, then Madden has made progress and NCAA hasn't?

# 77 moylan1234 @ 05/15/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
But we get team builder, which has absolutely nothing to do with actual college football.
I don't get this when it allows you to make actual teams that play real football in the FCS, D2, D3, NAIA?

# 78 moylan1234 @ 05/15/09 12:17 AM
Quote:
You're seriously excited about creating D3 and NAIA schools?
no, but i'm sure people that attend those schools are and your comment was that it has nothing to do with college football like it or not those schools qualify as college football

# 79 moylan1234 @ 05/15/09 01:01 AM
i'm still just completely missing your point so you only know one person that means nobody is going to make those teams? and the comment i responded to was that these schools have "absolutely nothing to do with actual college football" which i'm still just puzzled by. Also to me this is way better than having FCS teams come with the game because in last gen those teams were never done right and there were only a few of them. now you have access to all of them and you can basically make them completely authentic

# 80 countryboy @ 05/15/09 08:15 AM
Quote:
Well um... that's not all that I said, but considering the videos Ian has posted have given us an idea on the progress they've made then I'd say yes. For example the running animations; they weren't realistic and the community didn't approve. So what did Ian and company do? They tweaked it and gave us a video on the progress made as well as confirmed to us they they were further working on the animations. NCAA, from what we've seen still has the same terrible running animations.

They're weren't colored cleats in the game and people voiced there disapproving opinion on the subject. What do Ian and company do? They added team specific colored cleats. In NCAA we still have the same generic white or black cleats that hardly anyone wears.

There weren't various sock lengths in Madden, and again people weren't satisfied. What did Ian and company do? They added various sock lengths.

We begged for more presentation. What did Ian and company do? Added better and more deep presentation.

The list goes on and on.
My question is this...kinda of what I was getting at with my other response to you....how do you know that NCAA hasn't progressed at all? Because they aren't adding things or spilling the beans the same way Madden is?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.