Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"This year NCAA Football seems to be staying away from earth shattering gameplay changes and, instead, is concentrating on brand new features and game modes that you won't find anywhere else."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 rudyjuly2 @ 05/15/09 08:23 AM
Russell just posted a list of gameplay improvements for NCAA. I suggest people check out that thread for more info as the IGN articlue is crap.

NCAA 09 had post game highlights (videos) last year and they tried to patch the same thing for halftime but it wasn't ready. I fully expect to get half time and post game highlights. I hope that's part of an actual show with commentary though rather than just video clips which are still nice. I don't think they have talked much about this stuff other than adding Erin Andrews. I used to love the Chris Berman stuff on 2K5.

# 82 hayvis @ 05/15/09 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i'm still just completely missing your point so you only know one person that means nobody is going to make those teams? and the comment i responded to was that these schools have "absolutely nothing to do with actual college football" which i'm still just puzzled by. Also to me this is way better than having FCS teams come with the game because in last gen those teams were never done right and there were only a few of them. now you have access to all of them and you can basically make them completely authentic
I'd be happy if you could schedule Teambuilder teams in Dynasty without replacing FBS teams, but EA thought it was too mentally challenging for them to allow us to replace the generic FCS teams in the game. So in response to your statement, it's impossible to use Teambuilder FCS teams in a realistic dynasty so they become totally pointless.

# 83 moylan1234 @ 05/15/09 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
I'd be happy if you could schedule Teambuilder teams in Dynasty without replacing FBS teams, but EA thought it was too mentally challenging for them to allow us to replace the generic FCS teams in the game. So in response to your statement, it's impossible to use Teambuilder FCS teams in a realistic dynasty so they become totally pointless.
and explain to me why NCAA is held to a different standard than every other sports game on the market?

# 84 Gossennator @ 05/15/09 11:20 AM
Quote:
Hah well that sucks for you..I think most people will enjoy team builder. I am glad you wont to get enjoy it..and too mentally challenging? Give me a break

# 85 Drocks @ 05/15/09 12:29 PM
I guess I'm in the minority that really doesn't understand what exactly was wrong with the overall gameplay of NCAA last season? I'm talking about the look of the gameplay, as far as what you'd see from a sizzle video? I see minor tweaks to some animations and stuff like that, but I wasn't expecting wholesale changes to "sizzle" parts of the gameplay.

The parts of the gameplay that are extremely frustrating to me are things like the O-line/D-line interaction and the fact that there really isn't such a thing as a pocket. The fact that the AI seems to pass all the time and will fire a 95% completion percentage on me no matter what defense I lay out there. Run blocking sucks. Receivers will just let a CB pick off a pass without fighting for the ball. Linebackers turn into Superman despite not even looking at the ball. Passes typically end with either a catch or a pick (or out of bounds I guess too). I have yet to see a video that could show whether or not these issues have been addressed. So to say nothing has changed with the gameplay based off sizzle vids is premature and I think a lot of people just don't want to get their hopes up cause they've been burned before (completely understandable).

Presentation-wise, the things that frustrate me is the fact that there is no real pregame, halftime, or postgame "show", and by show, I mean simply something that can AT LEAST give us what we had in like 05 with the teams running out, with a little player highlight prior to the game. Then at halftime, shows some highlights with commentary, and also postgame, show a little bit of a celebration with postgame highlights. Nothing necessarily extravagent, but SOMETHING. This NEEDS to be upgraded as it is badly holding back the level of presentation that is possible with NCAA.

Just a couple thoughts I had as I lurk the threads here.

# 86 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/15/09 12:45 PM
From the moment you start a dynasty and start recruiting it becomes "My fantasy NCAA league." So I'm not sure how teambuilder will hurt things at all. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be able to add some FCS teams to replace perennial powers like Western Kentucky, Idaho, and Duke. (sarcasm intended) To each his own. But along with the other improvements, Teambuilder has me looking forward to this game more than '09.

# 87 countryboy @ 05/15/09 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
With EA's track record for NCAA and Madden football series, why should anyone be excited? There have only been 3 great breakthroughs on these series. The first Madden on the Sega, the first Madden on PS2, and NCAA 04 on PS2. Every other year has been average, disappointing, or a complete train wreck as 09 was. NCAA 08 was a better game than 09. The 09 Demo was a better game than the 09 retail version.

Why should anyone be excited with the track record? I hope the game is great. However, I don't trust a word out of any employee of EA.

I am not excited about the game because EA refuses to deal with the true essence of football and that is making the Line play correctly. Every offensive scheme is based off of the OL and it's blocking. EA continues to use head on blocking which doesn't allow for offenses and plays to function correctly. Until they rebuild the game and fix the OL/DL interaction properly, we will still have a sub par game. EA doesn't understand football and what makes offenses work IMHO.
So because your opinion is that EA has only had a handful of breakthrough football titles, then nobody should be excited?

The fact that you don't like the series or have been disappointed with it, doesn't equate to the fact that everyone should feel the same nor can they be excited about what they hear/read.

I don't understand how people can shoot down the excitement level of a game that nobody knows anything about. We all have hope that the game will be better, or else we wouldn't be in the forum discussing. And if its wrong to be excited that something may solidify that feeling of hope, then whats the point of gathering information pre-launch? Are we only to seek the information to be disappointed?

# 88 stylee @ 05/15/09 03:14 PM
I agree with heavy_hitter on the OL thing.

If the level of error applied to the OL programming were applied to any of the skill positions, no one would ever play this game.

I like Teambuilder but I don't think that's enough to motivate me to buy the game.

# 89 rudyjuly2 @ 05/15/09 03:24 PM
I'm not expecting the OL/DL interaction to perfectly represent real football. I think there was too much that needed to be done to get there in one year. It would be nice to have it but it's not necessary to produce a good football game. The results of the OL/DL interaction are more important than the process imo.

Last year you had offensive lineman who at default were tremendous pass blockers but lousy run blockers. There were far too many pancakes (said to be fixed for 10) that resulted in too many DL on their backs. Combine that with ineffective sliders and it was impossible to finetune the trench battle to something that at least produced realistic results. It just wasn't possible.

If the balance between run and pass blocking is improved, if the sliders work better and the pancakes are toned down, the game can still be fun even if we might still see some suction blocking and bad AI from time to time. Just my two cents.

# 90 countryboy @ 05/15/09 03:54 PM
Quote:
NCAA 04 is opinion. If you pick up the latest GamePro Magazine they quote in there "The only two break through's in the Madden series were the first Madden on Sega Genesis and the first Madden released on the PS2.".

So obviously others agree.

I used to get excited about this game. EA, however, has made be bitter towards the NCAA series.

NCAA 04 was the may be the best football title ever released on any console.

NCAA 05 was a disaster. How the bleep do you make a great game in 04 and have a disaster in 05? Remember the man to man defensive disaster where the defense switched men like they were playing basketball?

NCAA 06 was much better that the 05 disaster. Yet, it still wasn't to the level that 04 was. You got one of the worst features introduced, and poorly introduced at that, with the Impact Players. Though better than 05, 06 was still a dismal game.

NCAA 07 was another poor performance in my opinion. Many will disagree, but the game didn't play well at all. We also got stupid stuff like Race for the Heisman. UGHHHH!!! I play online and this game was unplayable online. It was OK for league play, but you had to have 100 rules to make the game play correctly.

NCAA 08 NG was a disaster. Option Defense, do I need say more? Fumbles? I did say more. This game was unplayable.

NCAA 09 NG was worse than 08. How do you go from a bad game and make it worse? OD is the only reason I even have this game anymore. I play in a slow moving OD and get a game in every other week. If I HAD to play it anymore than that I would throw up. The money everyone paid for this game should have been refunded. How do you ship a broken game out of the box? Don't care what anyone says, but this game was broken. Wide Open Offense was EA's motto for not being able to program a worthy defense. The game was just bad.

So tell me, why should I or anyone else be excited? We haven't seen a decent NCAA game since 04.
thats your opinion, and maybe the opinion of some others, but others, such as myself, have felt that we've had a decent game since '04. Maybe you feel differently.

# 91 countryboy @ 05/15/09 04:09 PM
Quote:
You must be the casual football gamer then. The hard core group has bashed this game forever. Go to any Sports Gaming Site and you see this game bashed more than complimented.
thats it, pull out the casual football gamer card.

If we didn't have hope or believe that the game was going to or will get better, and if seeking information to solidify that hope/belief is a bad thing, then why bother coming into the forum seeking pre-release information? Why bother discussing the game at all?

# 92 hayvis @ 05/15/09 04:21 PM
Quote:
and explain to me why NCAA is held to a different standard than every other sports game on the market?
If you can't see that it's incredibly disappointing for a lot of NCAA football players that they can't use Teambuilder to replace generic FCS teams in the game with real FCS teams because they want a more realistic experience then I'm sorry for the fact that you were born without the ability to empathize. You got what you wanted. Try to feel a little for those that didn't.

# 93 moylan1234 @ 05/15/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
If you can't see that it's incredibly disappointing for a lot of NCAA football players that they can't use Teambuilder to replace generic FCS teams in the game with real FCS teams because they want a more realistic experience then I'm sorry for the fact that you were born without the ability to empathize. You got what you wanted. Try to feel a little for those that didn't.
done putting words in my mouth? when did I ever not show empathy? I'm simply wondering why is it everyone thinks NCAA should have the ability to add created teams when in every other sports game out there you have to swap?

Also I really don't get how the inability to swap out 4 measley teams that aren't in even involved in the actual dynasty ruins this entire feature. Are you seriously telling me there aren't 4 out of 120 FBS teams that you can live without in your dynasty?

# 94 hayvis @ 05/15/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
done putting words in my mouth? when did I ever not show empathy? I'm simply wondering why is it everyone thinks NCAA should have the ability to add created teams when in every other sports game out there you have to swap?

Also I really don't get how the inability to swap out 4 measley teams that aren't in even involved in the actual dynasty ruins this entire feature. Are you seriously telling me there aren't 4 out of 120 FBS teams that you can live without in your dynasty?
Obviously you can't empathize. Why does the feature have to be in another game for you to feel sympathetic towards those that are disappointed? Someone could tell me that they were upset because WKU's stadium is not in the game. I would still feel sorry for them even though you can't find it in any other game on the market. You just seem to lack the ability to see the game from another person's perspective.

# 95 moylan1234 @ 05/15/09 04:52 PM
Quote:
Obviously you can't empathize. Why does the feature have to be in another game for you to feel sympathetic towards those that are disappointed? Someone could tell me that they were upset because WKU's stadium is not in the game. I would still feel sorry for them even though you can't find it in any other game on the market. You just seem to lack the ability to see the game from another person's perspective.
are we best friends? how is it that you know so much about me? I do feel bad for anyone that's dissapointed, but you know what? last year at this time nobody was feeling sorry for me while the devs spent all their time working on online dynasty a feature I have never and will never use. and that's a feature that unlike Teambuilder or Season Showdown actually did prevent them from making strides in other areas. I didn't scream about it at the time because I understood that it was a feature many gamers wanted.

Also i don't know it just seems ridiculous to expect something from NCAA football that doesn't exist anywhere else. and your stadium analogy doesn't work because you would expect any other game to have accurate stadiums. i'm specifically referring to the inability to add teams to any season/franchise mode in any other game.

i really don't get what you're arguing here? I'm only asking fair questions and you keep saying that I have no ability to look at the game from another point of view which just couldn't be further from the truth.

# 96 hayvis @ 05/15/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
are we best friends? how is it that you know so much about me? I do feel bad for anyone that's dissapointed, but you know what? last year at this time nobody was feeling sorry for me while the devs spent all their time working on online dynasty a feature I have never and will never use. and that's a feature that unlike Teambuilder or Season Showdown actually did prevent them from making strides in other areas. I didn't scream about it at the time because I understood that it was a feature many gamers wanted.
I would have seen your point of view, and accepted your point. You don't seem to have the ability to do that. I know that because you haven't once in this entire thread accepted anybody elses point, not because I know you personally.

Quote:
Also i don't know it just seems ridiculous to expect something from NCAA football that doesn't exist anywhere else. and your stadium analogy doesn't work because you would expect any other game to have accurate stadiums. i'm specifically referring to the inability to add teams to any season/franchise mode in any other game.
Why is it ridiculous. It wasn't so ridiculous that EA apologized and said they tried to do this and came across technical issues with it. This was Cdj, the community leader at NCAA Strategies response, as he had talked about it on community day with the designers :

Quote:
You can't swap in a created team for the generic FCS teams in the game. There is some technical issue with it, I believe since they aren't in a 'conference' to be swapped out. I'm pretty confident this will be one of the first items they tackle in NCAA 11, they know people want the FCS generics out. For the time being, they did make the generic FCS vastly improved. Ratings-wise, they were absolutely horrible last year.
Seems like a very balanced respose to something that is a bit of a disappointment to all that would have wanted the feature.

Quote:
i really don't get what you're arguing here? I'm only asking fair questions and you keep saying that I have no ability to look at the game from another point of view which just couldn't be further from the truth.
I'm arguing that you are being narrow minded in this thread and refusing to accept that others want things from the game that you don't.

# 97 moylan1234 @ 05/15/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
I would have seen your point of view, and accepted your point. You don't seem to have the ability to do that. I know that because you haven't once in this entire thread accepted anybody elses point, not because I know you personally.
The difference is I never looked for anyone to see my point. I accepted what it was and didn't whine about it on a message board and show me one post where I didn't accept someone else's point? All i've really done in this thread or any other is ask questions about peoples POV I don't know how you're able to read so much about me off of that

Quote:
Why is it ridiculous. It wasn't so ridiculous that EA apologized and said they tried to do this and came across technical issues with it. This was Cdj, the community leader at NCAA Strategies response, as he had talked about it on community day with the designers :

Seems like a very balanced respose to something that is a bit of a disappointment to all that would have wanted the feature.
i was never talking about swapping them for the current FCS, i was talking about adding on to the 120 teams vs swapping within the 120. of course I'd want the ability to swap out those FCS teams. I'm just saying I really can't understand how that inability would ruin the entire feature for anyone and it's not that i can't see your point of view it's that I don't understand it and you or anyone else hasn't been able to explain that yet

Quote:
I'm arguing that you are being narrow minded in this thread and refusing to accept that others want things from the game that you don't.
i don't see how it's narrow minded to ask questions of people when they posts their opinions. it's actually the exact opposite. I've already stated that i feel bad for anyone who's not getting what they want, but as someone who's been in the position for 3 years now of having something extremely important to them get left out of the game what you're accusing me of is just so crazy.

# 98 hayvis @ 05/15/09 06:43 PM
Quote:
i was never talking about swapping them for the current FCS, i was talking about adding on to the 120 teams vs swapping within the 120. of course I'd want the ability to swap out those FCS teams. I'm just saying I really can't understand how that inability would ruin the entire feature for anyone and it's not that i can't see your point of view it's that I don't understand it and you or anyone else hasn't been able to explain that yet
I couldn't possibly spell it out any clearer. I want to play this game with all 120 FBS teams in their correct divisions, and to schedule a game with an FCS team that doesn't affect the outcome of the FBS. That is the way I play the game. I don't play Dynasty any other way and therefore I will not be using Teambuilder.

You have refused to accept my point for the duration of this thread. You've asked questions, but then refused to understand or accept completely legitimate answers. Not understanding another person's point of view is the definition of narrow minded, and that is why I'm accusing you of being such. I'm done. Argue all you want. For the understanding that you show others you may as well be talking to yourself anyway.

# 99 blackscorpion11 @ 05/16/09 12:00 AM
Quote:
The people that write on sports games at IGN usually have no idea what they are talking about.

However, I just have a gut feeling that this guy is going to be right on.

Teambuilder= Who cares?

Flexbone= EA didn't fix the OL which is the entire basis for this schemed offense to work. That means this offense is still broken or they come up with a junk way for the defense to become messed up against it.

Road to Glory= Who Cares?

Adaptive AI= Nice. But I have a hard time believing that EA could develop and implement it correctly on the first try.

Just my opinion, but this game needs to be started over from scratch. They need to start the game over and begin with programming the OL/DL interaction properly. Until that is done, this game will continue to garbage.

Star over from scratch, i agree completely! Blow this game up and start over using the ncaa 2006 gameplay engine.

teambuilder is Huge because an entire section of fans of this series enjoy creating hometown schools from scratch and being able to do that in online dynasty is VERY BIG to us.

# 100 moylan1234 @ 05/16/09 03:22 AM
Quote:
I couldn't possibly spell it out any clearer. I want to play this game with all 120 FBS teams in their correct divisions, and to schedule a game with an FCS team that doesn't affect the outcome of the FBS. That is the way I play the game. I don't play Dynasty any other way and therefore I will not be using Teambuilder.

You have refused to accept my point for the duration of this thread. You've asked questions, but then refused to understand or accept completely legitimate answers. Not understanding another person's point of view is the definition of narrow minded, and that is why I'm accusing you of being such. I'm done. Argue all you want. For the understanding that you show others you may as well be talking to yourself anyway.
wow, always fun conversing with someone! not sure how many times I have to say i feel bad for people who didn't get what they want, but oh well since you're mature and all i guess it doesn't matter. This is the first post you made where you spent less time attacking me and more time explaining your point of view and now I actually do understand where you're coming from so thanks for that and I do see how it's a bummer, but like I said before it's just hard for me to understand how not being able swap out 4 made up teams for 4 real teams is that much of a dealbreaker, but oh well everyone's got their kicks i suppose. great chatting with ya!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.