Home
News Post

Have the Fight Night Round 4 demo? If so, post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/13/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
ya does suck....

the controls are A LOT more fluid than i expected. I never used to play with analog when i did my hooks and uppercuts, but so far, I can throw a lot of combos of high/low hooks and upercuts.

the stamina bar is really discouraging for me....i tested it, threw 283 punches in3 rounds with hatton and his stamina bar was near full.

maybe this will change when we go to a higher difficulty? who knows right?

but then again, at higher difficulties will the cpu spam haymakers and throw 400 punches in 4 rounds?

meat and potato things we have to wait for on release date.

for the poster above....2 player is available
Quote:
as far as graphics, animations, punch speed, ambiance, commentary....all EXCELLENT!

they really do move like boxers IMO and those youtube videos didn't do the game justice in these departments.

setting up punches really feel great, counter punchers will have fun in this game. very very fluid.
Thanks for the impressions. I'm really mad I got the 360 version now.

# 22 phillyfan23 @ 05/13/09 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Thanks for the info. Try throwing and whiffing 283 haymakers and tell me what that does to his stamina bar. Most guys his size that are in great shape can throw 90 punches a round for 3 rounds and still have a lot of gas in the tank. But if they are all power punches then no he would be gassed by round 4.
ok i threw 110 haymaker in 4 minutes of action before I KO'ed Pacman.....each haymaker missed or connected took a good deal of stamina but it was temporary, and not full lasting. So by the end of the 1st round after throwing 70 haymakers and connecting at around 50 percent, my stamina was back to 100 percent.

edit: a missed haymeker takes a bit more stamina off, maybe 30 percent more eyeballing the bars, but then again, after 70 haymakers in round 1, I shouldn't have 100 percent stamina right?

# 23 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/13/09 10:25 PM
Hopefully we can get an official demo impressions thread sticky. This forum should be pretty active starting tomorrow.

# 24 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/13/09 10:27 PM
Quote:
ok i threw 110 haymaker in 4 minutes of action before I KO'ed Pacman.....each haymaker missed or connected took a good deal of stamina but it was temporary, and not full lasting. So by the end of the 1st round after throwing 70 haymakers and connecting at around 50 percent, my stamina was back to 100 percent.

edit: a missed haymeker takes a bit more stamina off, maybe 30 percent more eyeballing the bars, but then again, after 70 haymakers in round 1, I shouldn't have 100 percent stamina right?
Hopefully with the difficulty that will change.

# 25 Guante @ 05/13/09 10:30 PM
I have a 360 and won't have it till tomorrow morning. Thanks for giving us the lowdown on the demo. As far as I know there will be sliders in this game for the first time in a boxing title. It will help to dictate things such as stamina and allow users to decide how many punches they want in a fight. Just an FYI. I can not wait to play it.

# 26 jvalverde88 @ 05/13/09 10:31 PM
just downloaded the demo and so far it plays very good. The boxers move realistically. They do throw a lot of punches but they're welterweights and their stamina goes down. A cool thing is that different types of clinches happen like a boxer's head under another boxer's armpit. One gripe is that the cornerman mini game is kind of a unfair advantage because it can sometimes regain your health and stamina quickly but other than that the game plays very good.

# 27 phillyfan23 @ 05/13/09 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Hopefully with the difficulty that will change.
i hope so too....but we don't know if this holds true on this level you know...hard to judge on 3 rounds.

I'm just really happy the controls are smooth as silk

# 28 phillyfan23 @ 05/13/09 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guante
I have a 360 and won't have it till tomorrow morning. Thanks for giving us the lowdown on the demo. As far as I know there will be sliders in this game for the first time in a boxing title. It will help to dictate things such as stamina and allow users to decide how many punches they want in a fight. Just an FYI. I can not wait to play it.
where did you hear we can adjust the stamina via sliders? that would be great. what other things are adjustable via sliders?

thx

# 29 HoodedSoldier @ 05/13/09 10:44 PM
Anyone create a dummy account so others can download? If so can you pm me the info so i can get in some demo time.

# 30 jvalverde88 @ 05/13/09 10:45 PM
Legacy mode looks cool, there are 8 divisions in Legacy mode. I highly suggest everyone to watch the what's new video.

# 31 jvalverde88 @ 05/13/09 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
The stamina slider was mentioned in an impressions thread on the board here. As long as we can adjust stamina online as well then this stamina problem in the demo is a non issue.

I've been downloading for the last 2 hours and only at 80%. Slowest download ever. Hurry up for ****s sakes.
the stamina slider is good thing because stamina does go up quickly after each round. I don't why the demo is downloading slow for everyone else mine took 5-7 minutes.

# 32 rockchisler @ 05/13/09 11:05 PM
Where is it? Cant find it for ps3 in playstation store demo section..

# 33 phillyfan23 @ 05/13/09 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Where is it? Cant find it for ps3 in playstation store demo section..
you have to pre-order from gamestop....they'll give u the code for the demo

# 34 rockchisler @ 05/13/09 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa
got demo codes for both systems, only the ps3 is working
Psn Rockchisler
Anybody else have code?

# 35 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/13/09 11:12 PM
Quote:
Psn Rockchisler
Anybody else have code?
You have to preorder the game. Gamestop will give you the code. They're only 1 code per person. After you use it you can't give it to someone and use it again.

# 36 rockchisler @ 05/13/09 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
You have to preorder the game. Gamestop will give you the code. They're only 1 code per person. After you use it you can't give it to someone and use it again.
thanks

# 37 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/13/09 11:23 PM
Quote:
thanks

I think we all wish it was that easy.

# 38 GQman2121 @ 05/14/09 12:11 AM
PM me if you want the demo for the PS3. I'll be awake for another hour or so to hook people up.

# 39 sva91 @ 05/14/09 12:27 AM
Don't wanna start a UFC vs FNR4 war, but for those who hav DL'ed the demo, is this game as fun or more fun than UFC?? I'm asking this because I found the UFC demo to be much more fun than it looked on the videos. How are the graphics compared to FNR3?

Im pumped for tomorrow.

# 40 phillyfan23 @ 05/14/09 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Don't wanna start a UFC vs FNR4 war, but for those who hav DL'ed the demo, is this game as fun or more fun than UFC?? I'm asking this because I found the UFC demo to be much more fun than it looked on the videos. How are the graphics compared to FNR3?

Im pumped for tomorrow.
this game is really well done, and could definitely equal or even surpass UFC, but that remains to be seen.

I played the living daylights out of the UFC demo for 3 straight weeks, and to this date...best sports/fighting game I've ever played.I rate it a solid 9.0

FNR4 is fun, but we can't really judge the overall gameplay fun factor until the final release because there isn't a difficulty option. Right now all we can judge is the graphics, controls, animations, commentary ETC and all so far are top notch.

commentary-UFC
graphics - FNR4
Animations- bout the same quality

controls- I thought UFC would kill FNR4 here because of the lack of buttons, but FNR4 is very responsive and fluid. Not as good as UFC's though. Buttons will always be better. but the margin is very small IMO.

Gameplay is the only unknown. and that's where the fun factor will be decided on. Right now you can throw 100 haymakers a round and have no effects, the cpu Defense is horrid, but it's probably on the lowest level.

But if on the highest difficulty FNR4 CPU can have great defense( on highest difficulty last few years I consistenly landed over 55 percent of my punches), REALISTIC offense ( not 100 punches a round and 50 of them haymakers), good stamina, good cpu logic,etc

this could definitely be equal to UFC or even better.....

time will tell though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.