Home
News Post

Have the Fight Night Round 4 demo? If so, post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 461 Jackmouv @ 06/17/09 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
If my memory serves me correctly, Hatton got knocked clean out in round 2 after getting knocked down twice in the first round, so I don't know why you feel there should be nothing but decisions with the difficulty set to easy.

Also, when I say stun, I mean when the fighter's health bar turns red. A fighter doesn't have to be necessarily hurt to get stunned. I just feel if I land a nice clean punch, there should be more stun moments that aren't counter punches or hooks.
Yeah but you are talking about ONE fight, prior to that he'd never been knocked out, a part from the Mayweather fither and that took 10 rounds and was TKO. They aren't going to base his attributes on one (and the most recent) fight. In 99 combined fights, they have been knocked out 3 time total and that's not taking into account how many ROUNDS that is. Maybe in a lopse-sided fight there would be a bit more stunning, but these fighters are both prime time.

I hear what you are saying but I just think, unless you are not defending yourself AT ALL, these two fighters should be able to make it through 3 rounds with little incident, unless they get caught with some combos and counters. Hatton didn't get knocked out with just one punch or get stunned a few times, he just got beat down.

Also in the past 5 years Pac, apart from the Hatton fight, has only won by KO, inside of 3 rounds, once to a guy that lost 3 of his previous 4 fights and Hatton has had None. So, if their attributes are true to life and based on these fighters in their prime, I'm not sure why you would expect to see them stunned with a single punch, let alone get knocked out.

# 462 RidinDwnKingsley @ 06/18/09 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
The way I see it is most of these guys are the best of the best and this is only a 3 round demo do you really wanna be able to KO everyone in the first round ?
But we have done its so its there .
I really have no problem with gameplay so far .
To me its what a game should Fun , realistic with hopefully great replay value Ps anyone confirm a real release date 23rd or 25th
hey...what are you doing here..lol....we can do some boxing next week

# 463 JayBee74 @ 06/18/09 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Its the 23rd my fam.
Creep, you doing any Legacy or all or 90% online??

# 464 Vince @ 06/18/09 11:56 PM
the parry system in round 3 was a joke.

# 465 kwas676 @ 06/19/09 12:02 AM
Quote:
Probably half and half. Something like that. Actually, probably more legacy mode, but I'll be online every now and then.

I'll get online so I can confiscate the belt from ya'll then I'll go back to legacy mode.

I'm really looking forward to playing the general population though. The stick/button mashin type of cats. I really couldn't beat em in RND3, not because I was garbage, but that damn mashin and parry freezin was merkin me.

I got a vengeance for them cats, lol. I'm aware of the counter window in RND4 but thats just no where near the same as the parry, no matter what the detractors are tryin to say. Doesn't really bother me none.

I'm takin heads OFF dog trust that, and if you wanna get in the way, you gettin tha biz too, lol.
Creep you gettin it for ps3 cause I'm gonna be dancing around cats with Emanuel Augustus, YES Emanuel Augustus lol.

# 466 VilleCity101 @ 06/19/09 07:02 PM
Quote:
That dude is a lil ole beast in my opinion. Thats who I'm using too. Oh, dont worry mayne, I got your # too, lol.

I'm getting it for PS3 and 360.
What's your psn id so i can already add u......i don't want it to b nooooooooooo excuses.

# 467 statum71 @ 06/19/09 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
FYI, not using the new TPC will put you at a disadvantage because now all of the new punches will NOT be avalible to you(16 total I believe)....I dont think alot of people actually notice this....EA made this decision for a reason....

I hear ya. But the thing for me is, heck most of those punches I still can't throw on command because most of the time he doesn't do what I'm attempting to do. Thats why I hate sticks. Sorry man.

I can't differentiate between a hook and a uppercut to save my life. And yes, I know the motion. It just doesn't work right most of the time.

# 468 Complex @ 06/21/09 04:12 PM
Aight folks. Back in the mix here.

I have the PS3 version. I will post impressions soon. I literally just opened the game and loaded it.

# 469 Lakers 24 7 @ 06/21/09 07:29 PM
lol edit, I should have read first, sorry.

# 470 Lakers 24 7 @ 06/21/09 07:39 PM
So anyway a rephrased version of what I was saying - I played the demo and loved playing against the AI. Although not perfect it has a very realistic and strategic feel to it. The AI plays to the strengths of its' fighter and pretty much fights realistically. However I can also see where playing online is going to be lame again and completely unrealistic. It's still too easy to spam certain punches, unrealistic combos are effective, and the footwork is terrible. Online is just going to be R3 without the parry. But, I think the game should still be worth playing for the legacy and offline modes. There's still some realistic elements to the game when played realistically.

# 471 VilleCity101 @ 06/22/09 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
So anyway a rephrased version of what I was saying - I played the demo and loved playing against the AI. Although not perfect it has a very realistic and strategic feel to it. The AI plays to the strengths of its' fighter and pretty much fights realistically. However I can also see where playing online is going to be lame again and completely unrealistic. It's still too easy to spam certain punches, unrealistic combos are effective, and the footwork is terrible. Online is just going to be R3 without the parry. But, I think the game should still be worth playing for the legacy and offline modes. There's still some realistic elements to the game when played realistically.
i disagree concerning playing online only because tha demo is on EASY.And if u know how to play the game there's no way your going to let someone "spam" punch to death and actually land those punches continually and when they miss or you want to just brawl your stamina is going to take a hit.

# 472 Lakers 24 7 @ 06/22/09 01:17 PM
I hope you're right. But, it seems hard to stick and move or get of out the pocket quickly when someone starts spamming jabs to the body. Will the work-rates be lower on the higher difficulties? Forcing people to be more wise with their punch selection.. If so that should somewhat nullify that issue.

# 473 VilleCity101 @ 06/22/09 06:53 PM
Quote:
I hope you're right. But, it seems hard to stick and move or get of out the pocket quickly when someone starts spamming jabs to the body. Will the work-rates be lower on the higher difficulties? Forcing people to be more wise with their punch selection.. If so that should somewhat nullify that issue.
u should be in the fightnight impressions thread they have tha game and can answer your questions.

# 474 Vast @ 06/23/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
I have no problem sticking and moving in the demo with Pacquiao. its actually tons of fun and a thing of beauty. im going to post a vid tonight of my outside fighting.

# 475 Lakers 24 7 @ 06/23/09 05:29 PM
Nice, looking forward to it.

# 476 Vast @ 06/23/09 05:40 PM
Quote:
Nice, looking forward to it.
cool. since im still here at work till late i'll give u advice on what i do. Almost never move forward. Watch Hattons movements closely cuz he can close in on you quickly.

The secret is to anticipate his movements and move back before he moves in.

always be prepared to step back and backpeddle around the ring while firing off jabs and straights. and stay away from the ropes. good luck.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.