Home
News Post

Have the Fight Night Round 4 demo? If so, post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Money99 @ 05/14/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Where do you go to put in the code?
Click the Xbox 360 button and then go to the Marketplace tab. There should be a 'Redeem Code' option there.

# 102 FAM CEO @ 05/14/09 04:45 PM
Can we still pre-order and get this code?

# 103 Brandwin @ 05/14/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAM CEO
Can we still pre-order and get this code?
Anyone know?

# 104 DaveDQ @ 05/14/09 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Anyone know?
The Gamestop in my area (NC) said they had several, so it's worth a shot.

# 105 SteelerSpartan @ 05/14/09 05:23 PM
played 5 fights and just as I thought I hate the sticks initially...hopefully I'll feel better after a weekend of playing.

# 106 WeLLWeLL @ 05/14/09 06:02 PM
I've fought twice so far after acquiring the demo. In each fight I (Pac Man) through just shy of 400 punches in a total of 3 rounds. I am not used to the sensitivity of the new stick system. I really enjoyed Fight Night Round 3 using its analog scheme. It just seems to easy to land/throw punches using a new system. But that is something I will have to adjust my game too so we'll see how that goes.

I do really enjoy the game so far beside the punch count. The fighting system makes for a lot of fun and some really good combos. I think the presentation looks great compared to Round 3. The announcing seemed fresh...except for a few lines here or there. Getting up after being knocked down is going to be a challenge but at the same time it provides another element of gameplay to the game. I'm definitely going to buy this so I can continue to box my friends from back home...I just hope they can do something to decrease the amount of punches...Pac Man should not be able to throw 130 in a single round.

(Edit) Also the glaring issue of collision detection needs to be fixed. I know I know, it's a demo. I'll stop complaining now.

# 107 JayBee74 @ 05/14/09 06:08 PM
Keep in mind I started out playing on 2 Player. I thought the movement around the ring was fluid and I was able to get out of reach of my brother's PacMan punches fairly easy. The camera view did not bother me. The biggest hurdle was teaching my brother how to throw hooks to the head (he still can't do it), but despite my superiority I was only able to land one "head hook" haymaker. The body haymakers were a little easier to land but after 6 bouts there was never a stun situation.
Very occasional sluggishness occured, but for the most part the gameplay is very intuitive. I was plaesantly surprised.

# 108 WeLLWeLL @ 05/14/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Keep in mind I started out playing on 2 Player. I thought the movement around the ring was fluid and I was able to get out of reach of my brother's PacMan punches fairly easy. The camera view did not bother me. The biggest hurdle was teaching my brother how to throw hooks to the head (he still can't do it), but despite my superiority I was only able to land one "head hook" haymaker. The body haymakers were a little easier to land but after 6 bouts there was never a stun situation.
Very occasional sluggishness occured, but for the most part the gameplay is very intuitive. I was plaesantly surprised.
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble throwing head haymakers. Most of my haymakers where directly to the body. I'm also too used to winding it like in Round 3. Those tendencies of mine need to go away.

# 109 Complex @ 05/14/09 06:18 PM
had my first fight just minutes ago. quick notes

-counter punching is rewarded. screen flashes real quick when you landing a meaningful one

-new controls, easier to get off body shots, hooks esp. this should be good for those Tyson and Frazier users

-still cant get up with the difficult mini game..argghhhh

# 110 BSanders @ 05/14/09 06:59 PM
The sweat needs to be toned down I feel like I'm fighting in a thunderstorm between the sweat rain and the flashing punches.

# 111 Stumbleweed @ 05/14/09 07:06 PM
Haha, so the screen actually flashes when you hit a counter... that's what I kept complaining about in the videos.. I thought it was a camera flash but that it was just really exaggerated. that makes more sense, but still... don't like the look of it ("videogamey", just like the status bars). Guess the guy above me agrees that it is distracting or strange.

# 112 Complex @ 05/14/09 07:11 PM
-FN3 is ruining me in this game. like someone said already, i want to wind up on everything lol

-two fights in now, used pac and hatton, speed kills in this game

-commentary can be misleading, i was killing hatton and they would mention me needing to step it up??

# 113 Bronk_Bonin @ 05/14/09 07:18 PM
Couple of notes after playing the demo a dozen of so times.

- Graphics and presentation are stunning.

- I was afraid after seeing the demo videos I wouldn't be able to keep distance playing as Pac Man vs. Hatton (CPU). That's not the case. I worked the ring beautifully keeping Hatton away from me with the jab and slipping in for a few shots then backing off again.

- I feel they got both Hatton and Pac Man's style down pretty well. Hatton wan't to work the inside fight game and applies pressure. Manny is lightning quick with his hand speed. One thing I noticed is Manny is a southpaw by default. You have to hit the LB to switch him.

- The hit percentages are way too high. I can easily connect on 60-65% of my punches ever match. I'm thinking this is the case because it's on a very easy difficulty mode.

- How do you get the fighter off you once you're clinched?

- Stamina needs to decrease faster and regenerate slower.

- This game is all about countering and landing the big shots while slipping and ducking. I love it.

- By far the best boxing game I've ever played.

- I've been knocked down twice and have had no trouble getting back to my feet either time.

- TPC is great and I've had no trouble with the sticks. Similar to FN3 but some variations.

-

# 114 BOSsTOwN @ 05/14/09 08:29 PM
first people were here saying "its just videos wait for the demo to pass judgement" now the demo is out and people are saying "wait to the game comes out" lol

any idea when the demo will be released for everyone else

# 115 N51_rob @ 05/14/09 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
first people were here saying "its just videos wait for the demo to pass judgement" now the demo is out and people are saying "wait to the game comes out" lol

any idea when the demo will be released for everyone else
I think it's two weeks later. So around the 28th.

# 116 N51_rob @ 05/14/09 08:47 PM
I finally ended a fight with a KO. Pretty nice. In between the 1st and second round I saved all my points. Between 2 and 3 I used all the points first for a large bag of ice for stamina then a little health. Came out in the 3rd round and just jumped all over Hatton. Had him stunned with about 1:05 left. Pushed him into the ropes and as he was bouncing back caught him with a left uppercut that landed flush and it was all over he couldn't answer the count. Such a nice feeling.

# 117 TequILLa @ 05/14/09 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
played 5 fights and just as I thought I hate the sticks initially...hopefully I'll feel better after a weekend of playing.
See you shouldn't have to do that man, this game shouldn't be like this anyone should be able to pick up and play right off the bat, the can miss me with the TPC bull.

# 118 TequILLa @ 05/14/09 09:19 PM
I don't know how many time I try to throw a uppercut and end up throwing a hook, I know what I want to throw and I can't get that, it's crazy

# 119 Complex @ 05/14/09 09:42 PM
3rd fight

-got my first KO win. put hatton down for the count in the 3rd round

-countering is very rewarding, which makes for good defensive play

-i like how punches can still slip your guard, just like real life

# 120 eyeknowzz @ 05/14/09 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa
See you shouldn't have to do that man, this game shouldn't be like this anyone should be able to pick up and play right off the bat, the can miss me with the TPC bull.
I have to agree with you. There are a lot of things to like about this demo but the control scheme is not one of them. Maybe I'm not as agile on the sticks as I used to be but I'm having a hard time trying to throw the correct punch. It seems like I'll be spending more time in the damn tutorial mode than I will in an actual contest.

I think a lot of people on the fence about this game will not buy it due to the controls. I want a challenging game but I'm not sure if I have the time or patience to ever become competent with TPC.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.