Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one featuring Season Showdown. They have also posted a new video clip, right here.

Quote:
"Hey Everyone, by now most of you have started to hear some details about Season Showdown, and some of you got uncomfortably close with me as I talked with Pasta Padre and cdj about Season Showdown couple of weeks ago. This week’s blog will focus on the format of Season Showdown, and in the coming weeks we will go in-depth on the Skills, Strategy, and Sportsmanship components that make up a lot of what Season Showdown is all about."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 09:15 PM
you don't have to turn anything off simply don't go into the season showdown section and you'll never have to worry about it

# 42 sozo @ 05/14/09 09:17 PM
The Penn State play was not a screen

# 43 homer1303 @ 05/14/09 09:25 PM
i noticed they added lights to ohio stadium so i'm jacked

# 44 Maximus205 @ 05/14/09 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1303
They lighting looked great. Cant wait to see the progressive lighting in action.

# 45 Apollo @ 05/14/09 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1303
Those light have been on the shoe for a long time. They where there when I went to school in the early 80's.

What they need to add are the portable lights they bring in for night games.

# 46 homer1303 @ 05/14/09 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo
Those light have been on the shoe for a long time. They where there when I went to school in the early 80's.

What they need to add are the portable lights they bring in for night games.

they did u can see it in the usc clip near the end, they have the lights on around the bowl (which i know arent supposed to be on) and they have the portable lights above the stadium also which is why im jacked

# 47 NFLHITMAN @ 05/14/09 09:53 PM

EA NCAA Football 2010

Sounds confusing to me but I like it!

Only thing that worries me from this video is the piece that shows the LSU -VS- Miss St the D-Line is held up by the O-Line like previous years. I thought that NCAA would have the Branching system that Madden had that would stop the D-Line to be glued to the O-Line? The QB is out of the pocket but the left side of the line the DT & DE is still trying to get to the QB in the pocket even though he out of the pocket?

# 48 WolverinesFinest @ 05/14/09 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I do not think it was. If you watch the video the lineman dont go out with the RB but instead try and go back to the DL to make their blocks. Also the RB runs an out pattern and that is not a route that they would have a RB make on a screen. The route looks like the same route that the RB runs on the HB choice play from NCAA '09.

edit: I am referring to the play with Penn St
Oh sorry, i thought you were talking about the texas play.

# 49 Solidice @ 05/14/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I'm really hoping you can turn this stupid feature off. I don't want to have to feel guilty when I go for a 4th and 1 during the second quarter. Oregon does that in real life, hell, most teams do it in real life, so why should I get penalized? That pop-up about how much points I get is going to be super annoying. I have a feeling you can't turn it off though unless you disconnect from the internet.
how do you think I'll feel if i try to channel Mike Leach?

why punt when we can throw a 30 yard pass to Crabtree(i know he is not on the team anymore, just poking fun at the Nebraska game last year).

# 50 WolverinesFinest @ 05/14/09 10:09 PM
now that I look at it, the penn state play was the hb option it seems but rly messed up the o-lines blocking because the cpu left guard took it as someone coming to help block.

# 51 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
now that I look at it, the penn state play was the hb option it seems but rly messed up the o-lines blocking because the cpu left guard took it as someone coming to help block.
yeah that's exactly what i was saying and it just seems odd to me to have someone run a route right through the o-line especially if they're not even gonna get a chip on the DL or at the very least attempt to avoid your own teammates. don't think I'll be calling that play

# 52 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
I'm really hoping you can turn this stupid feature off. I don't want to have to feel guilty when I go for a 4th and 1 during the second quarter. Oregon does that in real life, hell, most teams do it in real life, so why should I get penalized? That pop-up about how much points I get is going to be super annoying. I have a feeling you can't turn it off though unless you disconnect from the internet.
once again there's nothing to turn off or on. if you want to use the feature simply go into the season showdown screen and select a team. If you don't don't it really doesn't get much simpler.

# 53 jbdeuce @ 05/14/09 10:20 PM
I'm going to use it....and thats all I have to say about that.

# 54 SuperBowlNachos @ 05/14/09 11:14 PM
I am commiting as a team I don't like an beating a AA school 200-0 nothing

# 55 Lava @ 05/14/09 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
how do you think I'll feel if i try to channel Mike Leach?

why punt when we can throw a 30 yard pass to Crabtree(i know he is not on the team anymore, just poking fun at the Nebraska game last year).
Grr, haha. All in good fun, I know.

# 56 kamrungreen11 @ 05/14/09 11:16 PM
I think to make Season Showdown more intriguing for the individual user, the the 32 team tournament at the end of the season should be competed in by the individual who contributed the most points to his team that way there would be some incentive for actually racking up SS points. Or maybe even the top 5 or 7 individuals and do a best of..

# 57 sportzbro @ 05/14/09 11:26 PM
Its great seeing the same reaction from nearly all the OS members about this. I can not believe they put this much effort into possibly the most worthless feature NCAA has ever offered... At least it was shiny though.

From the gameplay shown, I did like the new camera & noticed some different animations. Running animation looks absolutely untouched though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
looks prety early...... usc was in their away jerseys and they had the black shoes glitch..
They wear black cleats home & away.. Its correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Im hoping that those damn ss things dont pop up ever play
+1 million, it is going to get annoying "+10 for Sportmanship"!!!!!!!!!!! F-that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
I can't beleive they wasted a blog on ss to be honest.
+1

Quote:
I can't believe they wasted a whole year of development time on this!

Got to play 37 games today and miss work so my Buckeyes can win the national championship!
LoL, my thoughts exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
Ugh. After reading this I am amazed that any time would go into creating this new mode when the other modes could use much more work. I would rather them put all the effort put into this mode and instead put it into Dynasty which could use a bit more work.

I just don't get the thought process that went into it where they thought that this would be a good idea and something that everyone would want. I think they already had enough modes in NCAA '09 and the main focus of NCAA '10 would be too build upon these modes and gameplay, not add more of them.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
Is there a prize or something when your team wins the national championship that makes this so special?
I would really enjoy SS if you got bowl game tickets or $1000 if your team wins...but we all know that's not happening.

Quote:
Classic! By the responses on this thread you would think the video was
about game play and not about SS.

Ring Builder... "The College Years" !
haha, classic line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
you don't have to turn anything off simply don't go into the season showdown section and you'll never have to worry about it
Yea, but that s*** will still pop up during the game.

Quote:
Windsocks > Season Showdown

I'm glad I'm not the only one rocking the windsocks joke, but I'm thinking we could make an even bigger joke about season showdown.

I mean, instead of getting 8 alternates, 8 pants, and 4 helmets, we get season showdown!

Instead of getting chain gangs, refs, new player movements, pro-tak, and everything else Madden got, we got season showdown!
Preach it Bigdmo

Overall, I am just baffled by EA's decision making this their prime time feature. I honestly feel they don't completely get it. For 2011, take a page from the Madden team & do everything they did this year.

# 58 egkb2753 @ 05/15/09 12:14 AM
The fact that not a word about gameplay has been spoken about by the development team by this point in the process scares me. The game is 2 months away and still, not a word about how the game plays.

# 59 sportzbro @ 05/15/09 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egkb2753
The fact that not a word about gameplay has been spoken about by the development team by this point in the process scares me. The game is 2 months away and still, not a word about how the game plays.
dude, come on.

# 60 mistershadez @ 05/15/09 12:45 AM
Quote:
Windsocks > Season Showdown

I'm glad I'm not the only one rocking the windsocks joke, but I'm thinking we could make an even bigger joke about season showdown.

I mean, instead of getting 8 alternates, 8 pants, and 4 helmets, we get season showdown!

Instead of getting chain gangs, refs, new player movements, pro-tak, and everything else Madden got, we got season showdown!
I don't think I could have said it any better myself. CO-MFn-SIGN

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.