Home
Madden 2010 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"Presentation, something that was seriously lacking in the first Madden iterations on current-gen systems, has seen a nice overhaul. Pre-game you'll notice camera angles that show concession stands handing hot dogs to fans and people making their way to their seats. During the action there will be detailed cutscenes (not the low-resolution models like in last year's game) showing players warming up on the sideline. If your quarterback is taking a licking on the field you'll see him trot over to the sideline and pick up a phone to talk to the coach's box. The chain gang is also present, as are all of the refs that should be on the field. And yes, you can truck into them.

Just don't run into them too hard or you might injure one of your star players. Do that, and you'll be greeted with a new injury mechanic. It won't happen immediately – depending on the severity of the injury your man might need to be helped off the field by other players – but once the problem is diagnosed you'll be shown a screen that tells you what's injured, how severe it is and then you'll be given the option to put him back in the game. You'll be given a rating that tells you how good he'll be once he's back on the field and you'll see the likelihood of him re-injuring himself. It's sort of like Blitz The League, but without the steroid use."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 roadman @ 05/15/09 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
It's pre-beta...so it could very well be the build that Donny and Josh played on for their thread...it's nice to see "most realistic football ever..." but based on 09...that isn't hard. I now find myself distrustful of everything they have been saying...seems like typical EA style...it's weird that my faith in the game can be shaken by one preview but...them's the breaks.
Yeah, your right, I will change that, thanks for the heads up.

I just think it's premature at this stage to make any decision off of one preview.

# 22 roadman @ 05/15/09 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
"every quarterback throws the ball differently"

i find this hard to believe from ea.
Believe it.

http://www.maddensimspot.blogspot.com

Signature quarterback throwing animations

# 23 Da Bears @ 05/15/09 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, your right, I will change that, thanks for the heads up.

I just think it's premature at this stage to make any decision off of one preview.
I understand what you mean,but with all the other Madden's that wasn't up to par.I can see the the rush to premature judgement.

# 24 Maelstrom-XIII @ 05/15/09 12:54 PM
Okay...to somehow try to deflate my worries of the game...I'll post what I liked and didn't like from the preview...and maybe the devs can assuage me.

Liked
- Different styles for players...every QB has a different throwing style...nice to see this made it in.
- Presentation...missing for far too long...sounds impressive...have to wait and see.
- Most realistic football from the series...

Disliked
- Run 'n Chuck still there?
- Lack of pressure
- Pocket still isn't right
- Fumble is a "chore", not fun...but this is subjective, so I'll give the devs benefit of the doubt...

...let's hope it can be tuned properly...I don't think I can take another bad preview.

# 25 Cusefan @ 05/15/09 12:54 PM
Quote:
"every quarterback throws the ball differently"

i find this hard to believe from ea.
Seriously, where have you been the past few years. EA has been making huge strides in Games. They Own Hockey and Soccar, they Are making great strides in basketball and Tiburon has righted the ship in Football.

I also think some of you guys are reading into the negative stuff a bit too much. Not only is Tiburon Aware of the issues brought up, but the game he was not close to being a finished product.

# 26 Da Bears @ 05/15/09 12:58 PM
I'm not really feeling the smash a button to get a fumble.I think they should have a option to turn on/off.

# 27 Danimal @ 05/15/09 01:00 PM
Get out the nets!

# 28 bigsmallwood @ 05/15/09 01:02 PM
I really think it is time to fix the running outside the pocket and rocketing the ball downfield with ANY QB...not realistic. I think and hope they fix this before the final build. Other than that I look forward to this game heavily this year!

# 29 N51_rob @ 05/15/09 01:02 PM
Quote:
When I did feel pressure the controller rumbled to let me know that defenders were breathing down my neck.
First heard for me and I think that it's a nice little addition. I hope that it is tied into the QB's awareness somehow.

# 30 RGiles36 @ 05/15/09 01:06 PM
Quote:
yeah, maybe for peyton and brady, not for EVERY starter. its the same with signature running styles in 07, tiki barber was the only one that ran differently, and all he did was hold the ball up. but by all means, pleas eprove me wrong
Yeah exactly. They only captured two QB signature animations: Peyton & Brady . They didn't capture Warner, Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Marc Bulger, (just a few quick ones I remember off the top of my head) not to mention unique kicker animations.

Sarcasm by the way...I know it doesn't exactly read as sarcastic.

# 31 jdr4693 @ 05/15/09 01:08 PM
Quote:

I was able to still hold back on the left stick and run away from my offensive line before flinging a pass thirty yards to a receiver. I never got sacked and rarely felt pressure from the outside like the new pocket design intends.

# 32 Bgamer90 @ 05/15/09 01:10 PM
Sounds great.

Wondering this though in terms of the new pocket avoidance system...
Is it off on default for rookie and pro? I ask because much of the press stuff has the game set to pro and also becuase I doubt that most of the people who play on those difficulty levels would like it...

# 33 LBzrule @ 05/15/09 01:11 PM
Quote:
yeah, maybe for peyton and brady, not for EVERY starter. its the same with signature running styles in 07, tiki barber was the only one that ran differently, and all he did was hold the ball up. but by all means, pleas eprove me wrong
Not true. Every QB I played with had his own even Troy Smith, who was a back up. Now I'm not saying all back ups do, but even Smith did.

# 34 Bgamer90 @ 05/15/09 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bears
I'm not really feeling the smash a button to get a fumble.I think they should have a option to turn on/off.
They do.

# 35 LBzrule @ 05/15/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightallthetime
what level was the guy from IGN playing on?
Probably on rook or pro, but I was able to do the same thing on All Pro. Not on all Madden though. There's definitely some tuning that needs to be done.

# 36 RGiles36 @ 05/15/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
you're telling me ea sports tiburon is going to sport EVERY starting quarterback's throwing style in ONE year?
No, don't put words in my mouth LOL. I'm not going to say they had a unique animation for every starting QB, but they did have quite a few. IMO, if you run into a QB who doesn't have his OWN designated throw animation, there's bound to be a similar motion available in which you can change it to.

# 37 LBzrule @ 05/15/09 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
No, don't put words in my mouth LOL. I'm not going to say they had a unique animation for every starting QB, but they did have quite a few. IMO, if you run into a QB who doesn't have his OWN designated throw animation, there's bound to be a similar motion available in which you can change it to.
This.

# 38 Maelstrom-XIII @ 05/15/09 01:18 PM
So we can edit throwing animations? If we don't like the one they have for Jake Delhomme or Matt Moore, can we change it?

# 39 Got The Goods @ 05/15/09 01:19 PM
Like what I read, game will still have issues but as long as gameplay is better they'll fix those issues over time. Like he said he told the guys the problems he found and they'll go check it out.

# 40 RGiles36 @ 05/15/09 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
So we can edit throwing animations? If we don't like the one they have for Jake Delhomme or Matt Moore, can we change it?
Yes, you can customize the throwing motion for each QB.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.