Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Gamespot has posted their hands-on preview of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"If Pro-Tak is a big benefit for the offensive side of the ball, the new defensive assist button will be a boon on D, especially for Madden players who aren't necessarily Madden Bowl bound. By pressing the A button on the 360 controller (X on the PS3), you can let the CPU temporarily take control of your player. He'll execute his assignment as drawn up by the play, and you can take direct control of him at any time by simply letting off the button and moving him as normal. This feature is especially useful when playing as a defensive back; not only is that position more difficult to play effectively than a lineman or linebacker, but cornerbacks often line up offscreen at first, making it that much more difficult to stay with a receiver. It's an effective way to start a defensive play, but it's worth noting that using the defensive assist won't automatically make your player a defensive juggernaut. As a DB, for example, you won't be going for an interception; it will be up to you to take control and make that play yourself."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 will12203 @ 05/18/09 03:24 PM
nice read is it aug 14th?

# 22 green94 @ 05/18/09 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhobbs321813
"if a player injures his ankle, for example, he might been seen limping off the field after the play. "

i love this
Was just about to post the same thing... reminds me of NHL when a guy takes a puck off of the shin and limps off of the ice.

DISGUSTING.

I can't wait!

# 23 ewto16 @ 05/18/09 03:30 PM
Preview is from the same event the IGN guy went to. I think the next time we will get any new information is from IGN right before E3. I think they did a big Madden blowout the Friday before E3 last year.

# 24 sportyguyfl31 @ 05/18/09 03:39 PM
Willie Parker tough to bring down 1 on 1? That'll be news to Steeler Nation.

# 25 SilverChaosVII @ 05/18/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
That's a pretty drastic decrease...you're saying if a lineman twists his ankle, his injury should go from 87 to 13? I say give an option to perform quick treatment (in the case of an OL with a twisted ankle, more tape! ), but still have the likelihood of a more severe injury increase...but don't make it so if you call a play the guy's foot'll fall off...

Exactly... like think about this. How awesome would it be to relive some of the true stories out there finally.

Come time for the Superbowl Terrell Davis was suffering that HORRIBLE migraine. Anybody remember that?

T.O. recently with Philly. He was NOT 100%

But come time for the Superbowl, the superstars play.

It's kinda cool to know that if my starting QB or HB gets hurt in a big time game... I have the option to let them tough it out with the risk...

probably my favorite feature so far.

# 26 Ian_Cummings @ 05/18/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burne
This peeves me. I'm wondering whether the pass speed was actually broken and unrealistically slow, or if the GameSpot journos are just complaining about the fact that pass speed is finally realistic. It makes passing harder because you have to anticipate and lead, and that's a good thing. However, I can see how some people who are used to the old Madden passing mechanics will think that it's broken and way too slow.
No Brian was spot on - it was totally broken. Bad bug.

Some lob passes would actually send the ball into the height of the upper deck...ha ha.

# 27 carolina_boi @ 05/18/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Some lob passes would actually send the ball into the height of the upper deck...ha ha.
is this fixed yet?? thats a terrible bug haha

# 28 Smoke316 @ 05/18/09 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

it must feel good to find those type of bugs and fix them huh lol

the banners look amazing im a big fan of the sunday night broadcast. this should become a staple for madden for yrs to come

# 29 ex carrabba fan @ 05/18/09 06:33 PM
So the CPU takes control of your QB for the first few steps after snapping the ball? I don't know if I like that.

# 30 thudias @ 05/18/09 06:36 PM
interesting and promising update...the clock is ticking..

# 31 TDKing @ 05/18/09 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
So the CPU takes control of your QB for the first few steps after snapping the ball? I don't know if I like that.
yeah that line got my attention too, not sure I like that either. Hmm...

# 32 CreatineKasey @ 05/18/09 07:14 PM
Quote:
This peeves me. I'm wondering whether the pass speed was actually broken and unrealistically slow, or if the GameSpot journos are just complaining about the fact that pass speed is finally realistic. It makes passing harder because you have to anticipate and lead, and that's a good thing. However, I can see how some people who are used to the old Madden passing mechanics will think that it's broken and way too slow.

You are spot on here. I was EXCITED when I read their complaints about pass speed. That's realistic, pass speed in Madden was far too fast in my opinion. We definitely want control over variable touch passes, anticipation, and leading passes like you mentioned. We should all be happy to read this. Good information!

Edit: Just read Ian's comment... lol I can understand their complaint.

# 33 adembroski @ 05/19/09 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhobbs321813
can we get a video of that it would be hilarious
Play Madden 09, record it, and play back at 90% speed.

# 34 burne @ 05/19/09 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Play Madden 09, record it, and play back at 90% speed.
LOL I'm hoping Madden 10 footage will look a little bit better than that.

# 35 burne @ 05/19/09 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
From what I recall, this just means that you're required to do the first 3 steps of your drop back animation before you take control of the QB's movement. You can also throw the ball at any time, you'll just do it off of your back foot and take a huge accuracy/power hit.

A QB's dropback is a very choreographed movement that they do out of muscle memory and almost never deviate from, so this is perfectly realistic. The only thing they might do is throw the ball in a panic if they face an untouched blitzer, and this is accounted for. Really, this is just to prevent people from hiking the ball and immediately running straight sideways to get outside the pocket. So, as far as I see it, +1 realism.

# 36 SouthernBrick @ 05/19/09 05:06 AM
Quote:
From what I recall, this just means that you're required to do the first 3 steps of your drop back animation before you take control of the QB's movement. You can also throw the ball at any time, you'll just do it off of your back foot and take a huge accuracy/power hit.

A QB's dropback is a very choreographed movement that they do out of muscle memory and almost never deviate from, so this is perfectly realistic. The only thing they might do is throw the ball in a panic if they face an untouched blitzer, and this is accounted for. Really, this is just to prevent people from hiking the ball and immediately running straight sideways to get outside the pocket. So, as far as I see it, +1 realism.
+1. I hated that running from sideline to sideline as soon as the ball is snapped. Pissed me off.

# 37 scott209 @ 05/19/09 01:17 PM
Quote:

+1 i couldn't stand when people would run to the sideline right away

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.