Home
Backbreaker News Post

The official Backbreaker forums have posted a couple of screenshots that confirm 11 vs. 11 gameplay.

Quote:
"Another reoccuring theme I've spotted has been the constant doubt over whether we will offer 11 vs 11 gameplay. I know that the NM guys have repeatedly said we will but that we've yet to supply evidence proving that. I'd like to stop that argument for good with a couple of images that the guys back in the office have been so kind as to prepare for me. This isn't final, visual treatment will be changed etc etc etc, but I've attached two shots displaying the current view shown when you pull back from the line of scrimmage to display the routes for your chosen play. These are for you... enjoy, but please remember that we are still in development."

Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 81 roadman @ 05/22/09 12:46 AM
Wow, in the Madden forums, if you praise a certain new feature, you are called an EA Apologist/Fanboy, yada , yada , yada, and then someone screams from up on top, So, what is this, a Madden Love Fest Forum. Or you have people, that I won't mention any names, will come in and say, well, it was in LG or it was so in 2k5 or 2k8. Get it over, can't change history. It's being put in now.

Irony happens to be a reality.

People have just enough right to give constructive criticism as the people that are all hyper about a new game that is currently being produced.

# 82 roadman @ 05/22/09 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I've been bashing Madden and NCAA for years. Mostly because they have been lousy representations of football. (Even Ian has basically admitted as much). I've also bashed EA for its slimy business practices (buying up all the exclusives in order to put its competitor out of business rather than make a better game, undercut the retired NFL players, etc.). From where I'm sitting, the criticism of EA up to this point has been well deserved.

Hopefully Madden and NCAA won't suck this year. If they do, hopefully BB won't disappoint. It's been far too long since I've played a quality football game.
That's just my point, though. At some point, the criticism get's old. It's the same criticisms, either liscense, LG or 2k5.

Well deserved yes, over done, absolutely.

My whole point though, is that if people can criticize Madden for the reason of the day, people can also criticize BB for the reason of the day.

# 83 spankdatazz22 @ 05/22/09 10:08 AM
Backbreaker shouldn't be held to the same standard as Madden imo. Any unlicensed game is operating from a position of disadvantage - Backbreaker even moreso because it doesn't even have the benefit of having a previously established game to build from. They're basically building a football game from scratch; their first game versus this being Madden's fifth next gen iteration (with 20+years of football gaming history before that). In the one dev interview I heard for Backbreaker, the guy made a compelling argument for the technology. But he hardly seemed like a "football" guy. People should be careful placing unrealistic expectations on this game just because the one NFL choice available has been disappointing for so long

# 84 roadman @ 05/22/09 11:30 AM
Agreed, let's take Madden out of the equation.

Bottom line, it's still a forum where one should be able to express their opinions about any game, good , bad, or indifferent.

# 85 roadman @ 05/22/09 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I agree that the criticism of Madden and NCAA gets old. Trust me, even I got tired of complaining about the missing refs, lack of camera angles and in-game saves, etc., after 5 years. But unless we complain, Tiburon doesn't do anything about it. Instead, in the past, they went about their merry way adding things like Madden IQ and create-a-fan. Our years of complaining will (hopefully) finally pay off with an improved Madden this year. But many of the things will STILL be missing from NCAA again this year. And that's just not right, IMO.

So, sorry if the complaining gets old to you. It's pretty old to me, too. But in Tiburon's case, there really isn't any other option available.
It's ok, EA is in a catch 22 situation. Even if the games are good in football, there will still be more complaining then playing the game itself.

There are options available if you look hard enough for them.

# 86 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/22/09 01:01 PM
BB might be a good game gameplay wise. But without nfl rights. BB is no more the a gloryfied nfl blitz type game. I will rent it. But buy it. I don't think so. I am buying madden 10 and ncaa 10 already. BB will never be bought by me in a million years. unless it gets nfl rights.

# 87 spankdatazz22 @ 05/22/09 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

There are options available if you look hard enough for them.
For a NFL game? Doesn't sound like much of an option if you have to look hard - I'd like to know what the other options are though. As long as NFL exclusivity continues Madden will be part of any videogame football discussion. I agree w/you that people would complain even if there wasn't exclusivity, but it'd be done from a far less frustrated perspective. When APF came out, people were doing the same thing - "It's the Madden killer", "Finally 2K's making a game/it will be great" yada yada yada. Most of it stems from the frustration of having no choice imo

# 88 Cryolemon @ 05/22/09 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
BB might be a good game gameplay wise. But without nfl rights. BB is no more the a gloryfied nfl blitz type game. I will rent it. But buy it. I don't think so. I am buying madden 10 and ncaa 10 already. BB will never be bought by me in a million years. unless it gets nfl rights.
That is one of the more bizarre statements I've read in a while. How exactly does a game being unlicensed make it like an arcade game (Which Blitz obvious is)?

What if you rent it and it's better than Madden gameplay wise andallows you to recreate the NFL? Then what?

# 89 jdr4693 @ 05/22/09 09:39 PM
Quote:
andallows you to recreate the NFL?
This has almost already been confirmed. They showed pics of created teams. So I'm sure you can create teams

# 90 canes21 @ 05/22/09 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
This has almost already been confirmed. They showed pics of created teams. So I'm sure you can create teams
It basically has. A dev said in an interview that if the user wanted to take the time he could make his own NFL.

# 91 Cryolemon @ 05/22/09 09:55 PM
Then it begs the question of how much paitence PantherBeast has

# 92 bkrich83 @ 05/22/09 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Then it begs the question of how much paitence PantherBeast has
Pantherbeast is like a few people here but on the opposite end of the spectrum. BB could be the greatest game known to man, but he would still find a way to criticize it.

# 93 DaveDQ @ 05/22/09 10:38 PM
The bottom line is this game's identity is wrapped up in showcasing a new physics technology. That's it. This isn't a game based on a past franchise like APF was. It's an attempt to show the possibilities of what Euphoria can do.

We're not going to see "the little things" except for maybe some cool tackles.

# 94 Maximus205 @ 05/23/09 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
As I stated before and BK alluded to, if a futuristic look is what they're going for then it's strage that they went for big equipment that looks like a body armor. Football gear has been getting consistently smaller, lighter and more flexible over the last few decades.
True, but this isn't nfl football or present day football. Like it or not its still their take and their vision. I'm not comparing them to madden,blitz or 2k cause it will be a totally different experience unlike anything we've seen before. A football game where the on the field action takes center stage in front of everything else. And naw, i'm not a fanboy for any game. I'm Buying madden,ncaa,blitz if they drop again and BB. I'm a fan of football period.

# 95 Cryolemon @ 05/23/09 08:05 AM
Am I the only person who actually likes the futuristic unis lol?

# 96 duke776 @ 05/23/09 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Am I the only person who actually likes the futuristic unis lol?
I don't mind them too much, although the six pack abs are sort of funny. Also, I don't like that everyone is wearing a visor, but I'll get over that eventually. Other than that I think they're alright.

# 97 Methlab @ 05/23/09 01:58 PM
We won't really know what this game can do until we see it in motion. That could change everything if it is done correctly.

# 98 kicker @ 05/24/09 12:16 AM
Do they realize that the Center needs to have the ball a yard in front of the rest of the team?

?

Or is that a "futuristic" liberty?

# 99 TheWatcher @ 05/24/09 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The bottom line is this game's identity is wrapped up in showcasing a new physics technology. That's it. This isn't a game based on a past franchise like APF was. It's an attempt to show the possibilities of what Euphoria can do.

We're not going to see "the little things" except for maybe some cool tackles.
That's what I pretty much expect, too. Some of the stuff I hear people expecting sounds like a big setup for disappointment. I expect the game to be very left-field, but many others are expecting a hardcore sim even though next to nothing they've shown would lead me to believe it will be that.

# 100 droopizzle34 @ 05/24/09 10:56 PM
I'm hoping this game rocks! 2 football games this year.....OOH YEAH!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.