Home
Tiger Woods 10 News Post

EA ’S TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10 DEMO AVAILABLE NOW
ON XBOX LIVE AND PLAYSTATION NETWORK

May 21, 2009 – Come experience the thrill and spectacle of tournament golf! The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network. Play a couple of holes in the demo and get an early taste of what the real-life PGA TOUR pros will be facing at this year’s U.S. Open on Bethpage Black and Turnberry, which will be hosting the 2009 British Open. Gamers will also get a chance to check out the all-new Tournament Challenge mode as the demo features a playable event from the famous 17th hole at THE PLAYERS Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass.

In addition, tournament atmosphere has been ramped up this year and players will experience dynamic weather conditions and its effects on gameplay, huge galleries, a new commentary team and broadcast style introductions. Looking to tune your clubs prior to a big tournament? Come check out the new Practice Round mode in the demo where gamers can place the ball anywhere on the course and really dial in their shots before taking on the official leaderboard.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 takes golf fans inside-the-ropes to experience the drama and emotion of tournament golf. New additions to this year’s game include Tournament Challenge Mode, Tournament Atmosphere, Precision Putting, EA SPORTS Live Tournaments and new courses and golfers.

To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10, log on to www.tigerwoods10.com.

Developed in Orlando, Fla., by EA Tiburon, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 will ship on June 8 and available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PLAYSTATION3, PSP (PlayStation®Portable) and Wii.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 HustlinOwl @ 05/23/09 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Same ol same ol when it comes to EA. All of their sports titles suffer from the same problems.

# 42 scottmac @ 05/23/09 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Same ol same ol when it comes to EA. All of their sports titles suffer from the same problems.

It is the same because they release a new game every year. I think they could cut it back to every 2 years and make a better game. They dont need updated rosters like other EA games so I think they should do that, but they are after more yearly sales though.

# 43 Fluffhead @ 05/24/09 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
I am incredibly ticked off that they are gonna make us unlock courses again this year.

Golf is a game generally for adults. We don't have time to go through 6,000 challenges to unlock courses.

Give us the courses we paid for.

The community day guys should have made this point clear.
Is this true? If so, ugh. Crap like this is just inexcusable.

# 44 DivotMaker @ 05/24/09 08:13 AM
Quote:

The community day guys should have made this point clear.
What makes you think we didn't? We did and obviously we don't make the decisions....

# 45 Klocker @ 05/24/09 03:12 PM
yea, Tiger iPhone for me this year.

thanks EA for saving me $50. which is nice considering between Madden and TW over the years I tossed away about $500 on games that I only owned for a couple weeks.

# 46 ocat @ 05/25/09 09:17 AM
Played the demo

Pass
EA = Fail (again *sigh*)

i'm so disappointed

# 47 Jackdog @ 05/25/09 12:07 PM
Quote:

I am so sick of EA making us pay to unlock courses. And, if I'm not mistaken, you didn't even have that option on the ps3 last year. Only the 360.
I agree. Just plain stupid.

# 48 ocat @ 05/25/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
I think you have to play the game on a higher difficulty level before you can call it a fail.
It's set on easy.
Yeah i realise it's set to easy but this game is identical to 09 08 07.......... nothing has changed. Sure there are tweaks here and there (ie putting, graphics) but the core game has not changed at all which is the main thing i want. I love my golf and it makes me think looking at the ball physics they have in this game, if the devs have ever actually played golf?!? Come on it's terrible, the ball is in the air for about 3 seconds before it lands, no hangtime. Spin physics are a joke. You see a pro in real life hit a driver it will hang in the air for about 6 - 9 seconds sometimes more. THIS MUST CHANGE!!

Back to Links 03 PC for me

# 49 DivotMaker @ 05/25/09 04:41 PM
Quote:
I think you have to play the game on a higher difficulty level before you can call it a fail.
It's set on easy.
While I agree 100%, the demo FAILS because it is locked on one difficulty. I do not know what it is going to take for EA to figure this out, but I am sure they lose thousands of sales because their demos simply do not do the final game justice....

# 50 gbx34 @ 05/26/09 12:40 AM
Does anyones else think the ball physical are a bit ridiculous this years from previous? The ball just seems to stick on the green, and the bounce on the fairways just seems to much.

# 51 kerosene31 @ 05/26/09 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
Does anyones else think the ball physical are a bit ridiculous this years from previous? The ball just seems to stick on the green, and the bounce on the fairways just seems to much.
I think that's the difficulty. The ball seems to stick to the fairway. I'm sure on higher difficulties the game will be the same as 09 in this aspect.

In the demo I don't think it is possible to miss the fairway if you aim at it.

# 52 mikemj23 @ 05/26/09 10:26 AM
Spent some time with the demo this weekend on Ps3 and for now I am going to pass on Tiger. I say this year after year and I end up buying and after a couple hours of game play I realize that the game hasn't changed much at all. For gamers who are happy with the game play there is nothing wrong with this. For gamers who think that some major changes need to be made to the physics and realistic nature of the game, then it's just the same old same old. I could be wrong, but the difficulty aspect of the demo really didn't matter to me. I am going to wait for reviews, but more importantly, wait for impressions on OS before I even consider buying Tiger.

The only thing that would get me to buy this game would be only allowing one submission for online tourneys on TOUR difficulty and unless EA changes their mind at the last minute, then this won't even be a reality. I know that EA is trying to appeal to both the casual and hardcore gamer, but I do feel like the scale continues to tip to the casual side.

Also, sorry to say, the crowds IMHO were very weak. They just doubled the number of stiff robot fans.

Disappointed to say the least.

# 53 mikemj23 @ 05/26/09 10:35 AM
oh yeah another thing I forgot to mention and I know it's nit picky, but can EA please put some rain gear on the golfers? I mean it looks absolutely ridiculous to see these guys out in pouring rain with nothing but normal gear on.

# 54 ksolo12 @ 05/27/09 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemj23
oh yeah another thing I forgot to mention and I know it's nit picky, but can EA please put some rain gear on the golfers? I mean it looks absolutely ridiculous to see these guys out in pouring rain with nothing but normal gear on.
LMAO!!!! I'm glad you mentioned this. It looked funny to see rain pouring down on my guy and he acted as if the conditions were normal. This one seemed like such a simple thing. I wonder how this slipped through.

# 55 highheatkingsb @ 05/30/09 08:46 PM
I didn't mind the demo on the 360. The only thing that bothered me is the match Tiger's shot mode. I hit a shot much better than Tiger's, about 20 ft closer to the pin and it gave me a failed challenge because I didn't match his shot. That's absolutely stupid if you ask me.

# 56 mikemj23 @ 05/31/09 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
I didn't mind the demo on the 360. The only thing that bothered me is the match Tiger's shot mode. I hit a shot much better than Tiger's, about 20 ft closer to the pin and it gave me a failed challenge because I didn't match his shot. That's absolutely stupid if you ask me.
I think you missed the point of the mode. The point of the challenge is to recreate big shots in Tiger's career like the unreal putt he made on 17 at Sawgrass. If you hit it stiff instead of 50 ft. to the back of the green on the top tier then you wouldn't be re-creating the awesome putt he made.

# 57 kindella2 @ 06/02/09 11:09 AM
i like the demo...im geeked about the game.

# 58 ComfortablyLomb @ 06/03/09 02:51 PM
Say now, have club distances been toned down at all? Or is every hole still a driver and a 9-iron?

# 59 DivotMaker @ 06/03/09 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Say now, have club distances been toned down at all? Or is every hole still a driver and a 9-iron?
Yes, quite a bit, mostly due to Community Day and TW10 blog feedback.

# 60 OnlookerDelay @ 06/03/09 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Here's the club distance chart for Tiger Woods 2010. Mike DeVault published this in his blog a few months ago. I've just shown the Driver, to give you an idea. The way I tune my driver and where my attributes hover (~9) in 09, I'd say my guy will be averaging about 310 off the tee. I may have to dial that back a bit if the swing has been tuned to be more sensitive to tracking errors, as hinted.

DRIVER

Power Attribute Level = 2
0% Club tuner power = 204yds
25% Club tuner power = 222yds
50% Club tuner power = 237yds
75% Club tuner power = 249yds
100% Club tuner power = 260yds

Power Attribute Level = 5
0% Club tuner power = 230yd
25% Club tuner power = 249yds
50% Club tuner power = 264yds
75% Club tuner power = 275yds
100% Club tuner power = 285yds

Power Attribute Level = 10
0% Club tuner power = 268yds
25% Club tuner power = 288yds
50% Club tuner power = 304yds
75% Club tuner power = 317yds
100% Club tuner power = 328yds

Power Attribute Level = 12
0% Club tuner power = 284yds
25% Club tuner power = 303yds
50% Club tuner power = 320yds
75% Club tuner power = 334yds
100% Club tuner power = 345yds

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.