Home
Tiger Woods 10 News Post

EA ’S TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 10 DEMO AVAILABLE NOW
ON XBOX LIVE AND PLAYSTATION NETWORK

May 21, 2009 – Come experience the thrill and spectacle of tournament golf! The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network. Play a couple of holes in the demo and get an early taste of what the real-life PGA TOUR pros will be facing at this year’s U.S. Open on Bethpage Black and Turnberry, which will be hosting the 2009 British Open. Gamers will also get a chance to check out the all-new Tournament Challenge mode as the demo features a playable event from the famous 17th hole at THE PLAYERS Stadium Course - TPC Sawgrass.

In addition, tournament atmosphere has been ramped up this year and players will experience dynamic weather conditions and its effects on gameplay, huge galleries, a new commentary team and broadcast style introductions. Looking to tune your clubs prior to a big tournament? Come check out the new Practice Round mode in the demo where gamers can place the ball anywhere on the course and really dial in their shots before taking on the official leaderboard.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 takes golf fans inside-the-ropes to experience the drama and emotion of tournament golf. New additions to this year’s game include Tournament Challenge Mode, Tournament Atmosphere, Precision Putting, EA SPORTS Live Tournaments and new courses and golfers.

To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10, log on to www.tigerwoods10.com.

Developed in Orlando, Fla., by EA Tiburon, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 will ship on June 8 and available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PLAYSTATION3, PSP (PlayStation®Portable) and Wii.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DivotMaker @ 06/03/09 11:07 PM
Mike stated that distances are tuned back even more than those due to blog and community feedback....

# 62 Zalf @ 06/04/09 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Mike stated that distances are tuned back even more than those due to blog and community feedback....
It will be interesting to see how the personality "crisis" ends up shaping TW10. They are listening to feedback but still have achievements like "Hit a 400 yard drive," and "Get a Hole In One on a Par 4 or a Par 5." Like you have said, a lot of these changes are due to feedback that came kind of after the fact. I hope they can build around the two sides and don't get stuck somewhere in the middle. I think it really is going to come down to needing something like a "Tour Pro+" setting that goes strong sim and and an online set-up that supports two different communities. It will be interesting to see how it shapes up between TW10 and TWOnline.

# 63 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/04/09 03:10 PM
Are the online tournaments gonna be on Tour Pro this year?

# 64 OnlookerDelay @ 06/04/09 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Are the online tournaments gonna be on Tour Pro this year?
There will be a Tour Pro mode Daily online tournament *everyday* this year Not only that, there will be a Tour Pro mode weekly tournament (72 holes) every week. There will also be Beginner, Amateur, and Pro difficulty tournaments for each of the above. Oh, the scoring will be real time as well. If you're playing your round at the same time as one of your buds, you'll get an update on their score after each hole, as they play their round!

# 65 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/04/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
There will be a Tour Pro mode Daily online tournament *everyday* this year Not only that, there will be a Tour Pro mode weekly tournament (72 holes) every week. There will also be Beginner, Amateur, and Pro difficulty tournaments for each of the above. Oh, the scoring will be real time as well. If you're playing your round at the same time as one of your buds, you'll get an update on their score after each hole, as they play their round!
That's really good to hear. It was pointless even playing in them last year because of the lame difficulty. Golf is supposed to be a challenging game, it amazes me how many people prefer to dumb it down.

Tiger has a ways to go to make me a believer in the series, but I enjoyed 09 for the most part, even with it's faults. I mostly play online against one of my friends, so it's cool that we can actually participate in the same tournaments this year on Tour Pro. I really hope this game is alright.

# 66 DivotMaker @ 06/04/09 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
It will be interesting to see how the personality "crisis" ends up shaping TW10. They are listening to feedback but still have achievements like "Hit a 400 yard drive," and "Get a Hole In One on a Par 4 or a Par 5."
That is purely the arcade Default mode garbage. I doubt you could do any of those in TOUR Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
Like you have said, a lot of these changes are due to feedback that came kind of after the fact. I hope they can build around the two sides and don't get stuck somewhere in the middle. I think it really is going to come down to needing something like a "Tour Pro+" setting that goes strong sim and and an online set-up that supports two different communities. It will be interesting to see how it shapes up between TW10 and TWOnline.
The problem is the console guys came from Outlaw Golf which is why TW has not been as serious on the simulation side of things as it was in the late 90's early 2000's. I am diligently trying to get them to see things from the Golf purists/simulation side of things. They are coming around slowly but surely....

# 67 OnlookerDelay @ 06/04/09 06:42 PM
Quote:
I mostly play online against one of my friends, so it's cool that we can actually participate in the same tournaments this year on Tour Pro. I really hope this game is alright.
Just to make sure I don't mislead you, when playing in a Daily or Weekly "live" tournament, you can't actually play in the same pairing with another player. What you can do is arrange to tee off in the Daily at the same time with your buds, and maybe have party chat enabled while you're playing (if this can be done while playing Dailies, I'm not hip to the features of party chat and where it won't work). You'll see their score posted after hole one, and where you stand on the leaderboard. Once you get some separation between you on the leaderboard though, I imagine you'll possibly have to scroll to find them, although I think I recall reading that you can tailor the leaderboard to show friends only.

I still think this is going to be a very cool alternative to the totally isolated Dailies (in which we only had one Tour Mode event a week before). I'm trying to arrange a shotgun start tournament, using the Daily, for Tour Pro mode players on 6/9/09. I've got 8 gamers onboard so far. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the details.

# 68 SuperD123 @ 06/05/09 10:46 AM
Goddam John, wish I could do such a tourney on the PS3.

Something I could think about i guess...

# 69 OnlookerDelay @ 06/05/09 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD123
Goddam John, wish I could do such a tourney on the PS3.

Something I could think about i guess...
I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the PS3, provided everyone who is onboard with your shotgun start is teeing off at the same time. I don't know what the PS3 has in the way of a party chat function though, but then again, I don't understand the XBox 360's functionality with this feature either. I'm not sure it would be active during a Tiger Woods online session, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

# 70 PhantomPain @ 06/06/09 06:42 PM
Am I going crazy or did I see a mod have a thread earlier saying he has a retail copy and was posting some impressions?

Or maybe I am crazy and he did but I can't see it now because of said craziness?

# 71 OnlookerDelay @ 06/06/09 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Am I going crazy or did I see a mod have a thread earlier saying he has a retail copy and was posting some impressions?

Or maybe I am crazy and he did but I can't see it now because of said craziness?
You did and it has been removed for reasons unbeknownst to me...

# 72 PhantomPain @ 06/06/09 07:23 PM
Quote:

LOL...thank goodness. I was starting to think that maybe I dreamt it and thought it was real life. Man what 2 kids and sleepness nights will do to a man

# 73 orthostud23 @ 06/06/09 09:19 PM
Quote:
Why would something like that be removed?? The game comes out Monday for pete sakes!! What makes it any different if someone scored an early copy and answered the questions???

# 74 OnlookerDelay @ 06/06/09 09:43 PM
Maybe the thinking is that too much information was being disclosed in this thread, and it might reduce readership of the final review. There were more than just the four or five people asking questions involved in this. There were probably 4 or 5 dozen lukers looking in on it and if their curiosity gets satisfied, they might not feel the need to read the final review.

# 75 Pappy Knuckles @ 06/07/09 10:47 AM
I was wondering what the happened to that thread. Pretty lame that they took it down.

# 76 OnlookerDelay @ 06/07/09 01:36 PM
Quote:
I was wondering what the happened to that thread. Pretty lame that they took it down.
I would think that simply locking it would have been sufficient, but if an editor sees a threat to potential page views on a feature review, they'll do what they deem necessary.

# 77 rolltide1017 @ 06/07/09 03:58 PM
Quote:
I don't know what the PS3 has in the way of a party chat function though...
The PS3 has no party chat function. The PS3 has no cross game chat function and you must exit a chat to launch a game. This is one, of many, reason why the PSN still lags behind XBL (and why I miss my 360 at times).

# 78 OnlookerDelay @ 06/07/09 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
The PS3 has no party chat function. The PS3 has no cross game chat function and you must exit a chat to launch a game. This is one, of many, reason why the PSN still lags behind XBL (and why I miss my 360 at times).
Thanks for clearing that up rolltide. I have not used the 360's party chat feature while in a game, but I'm told that it will work. I think the limit you can have is 10 or 12 in the chat. I'm not planning on doing much yacking while playing golf, but I think this event we've got planned will be seen more as a coming-out-party more than a serious competition.

I'm eventually going to get a PS3 because sooner or later, I'm going to be buying a Blu-ray player. Might as well get one that can play MLB: The Show 09, while I'm at it!

# 79 SuperD123 @ 06/07/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
If you'd have actually played the PS3 recently, you'd realise that we DO now have in-game chat since the 2.7 update....just not voice chat just yet anyway....

# 80 OnlookerDelay @ 06/08/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickzeus
If you want the real thing then go grab your clubs and hit the real links! Thats about as real and as difficult as you can get
LOL... it's ironic that you said this here. Three weeks ago, I revised my sigline at EA Sports.com's Tiger Woods forum to read: "If you want a real golf sim, grab your clubs and head to the course!"... Arcade apologists, simply remind me to read my sig when you want to use this defense.

The reason I hold its feet to the fire over its lack of realism is the fact that it falls well short of Links 2004 in this department, in Tour Pro mode. I realize that it boots up in the no holds barred, arcade mode of play, and that's fine. The majority of its user base obviously enjoys playing the game that way. However, when you offers something called Tour Pro mode, in a PGA Tour licensed game, and have a game that still pales in comparison to Links 2004 in realism, the game if not what it could be.

I'll give them credit, it appears they've fixed half of what was wrong with this game with Precision Putting (a fully proportional putting interface). This should be a much more gratifying game from a realism standpoint as a result. If they give the non-putting interface the same degree of attention next year, I think we'll have the game that Tiger Woods PGA Tour truly should be.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.