Home
NHL 10 News Post

EA has posted another NHL 10 blog. This one features EASHL gameplay fixes.

Quote:
"We continue the discussion with Producer Matt Mahar who touches on some of the fixes that have been implemented in the EA SPORTS Hockey League for NHL 10."

NHL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Qb @ 05/21/09 01:06 PM
Just started watching, but the first two fixes are straight from the community -- locked player indicators by position and match-making based on number of human players. Outstanding...

EDIT: Also match-making based on EASHL team rank and rank decay. Pauses limited to 3 per team and can only be done during stoppages in play. New camera options for 'always up' to eliminate the camera switch pause at the beginning of online games. No mention of reducing/eliminating cut scenes, but Matt did say that there will be more info and new features revealed in time...

# 2 shakeable @ 05/21/09 01:28 PM
They need to kick Littman out of his office so they can use it for recording these video blogs. The background noise in this one is just to much and the sound level is just too low.

# 3 Lubey @ 05/21/09 02:10 PM
Always up!! THANK GOD

# 4 Lubey @ 05/21/09 02:19 PM
One thing I'd love to see is the ability to have like 3 EASHL guys set up so if you can set up a D, Wing, and Center or whatever. That way, if your team needs a center, you can just select your center profile instead of having to go back and redo your points.

# 5 tyler289 @ 05/21/09 08:15 PM
It's May and we've already got our first major blog. Awesome.

# 6 ChaseB @ 05/21/09 08:28 PM
Seems like lots of little things that needed to be tweaked, which is good. Didn't need to do any massive things.

I want to know about presentation too. I hope there is an option to eliminate the lengthy time between each stoppage and at the end of the period that sometimes occurs.

# 7 jyoung @ 05/21/09 08:35 PM
Great stuff so far.

Hope this isn't the end of the changes and tweaks to the EASHL, as it's the major feature that's kept people playing the game for as long as they have.

As far as the pausing and stuff goes, I wish they would just take it all out completely.

The only reason to ever pause an online game is to change the camera settings, and if those can be set outside of the game, then you completely eliminate the need for pausing at all.

Get rid of that pausing garbage, speed up the entire intermission process to no more than 20-30 seconds, and you've jut cut out some of the major fun-killing that goes on in the online games.

# 8 bigwill33 @ 05/21/09 10:43 PM
They should have a teambuilder type option for EASHL, one like NCAA football will feature. That would help with the uniforms!

# 9 bigwill33 @ 05/22/09 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Have they shown any gameplay videos yet?
Nope, perhaps E3.

# 10 wildthing2022000 @ 05/22/09 02:17 AM
Video on May 28th 11pm on Spike same as Madden vid.

per NHL 10 twitter
On May 28 at 11pm PST, we will be debuting the first official trailer for NHL10 on Spike TV's Gametrailers. We're real excited about this.

# 11 Money99 @ 05/22/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
i guess we cant create our own jerseys/uniforms for our teams..... that sucks!!!!
I know. I was hoping we'd be able to import logo's and customize our jersey's 100%. Oh well.

I can understand the logo thing (EA probably doesn't want a bunch of EASHL teams with pictures of scrotum's on their chests), but at least let us customize the strips, jersey styles, pants, etc.

# 12 jyoung @ 05/22/09 05:52 PM
As long as there is a way to report teams with offensive jerseys, I don't think it would be a problem.

I really hope we get to have custom jerseys/logos this year, though.

Absolute customization is the way of the future.

Also, how about letting us get our faces into the game ala Tiger Woods or Rainbow Six Vegas?

# 13 Gossennator @ 05/22/09 10:05 PM
Haha scrotum logo... But these fixes are a nice addition to NHL10. I can't wait to see what's in store for NHL 10.

# 14 Vikes1 @ 05/26/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
They should have a teambuilder type option for EASHL, one like NCAA football will feature. That would help with the uniforms!
I'd love to see that added to the NHL game.

Gotta get my North Stars back in the league.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.