Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers more Season Showdown.

Quote:
"Last week we focused on the structure of Season Showdown and touched on a few of the ways you can earn Extra Credits. This week we will focus on one of the three main pillars of Extra Credits that center around gameplay, which is the Skills category.

Simply put, Skills credits are earned by showing off your skills on the sticks. Your ability to perform these skill moves will earn you and your school extra credits. You can’t rely on the CPU to perform these actions to get the credits, you must be the one that got the interception or forced the fumble if you want the extra credit. So if you are using the new Defensive Assist feature, which puts the player you have highlighted under CPU control as long as you are holding the A/X button down, you can let the CPU guide your player to where they need to be, but to earn the credit you will need to take back control of the player and make the play. As you will see in a moment, a majority of the Skills events are defensive based, so if defense isn’t your strong suit, Defensive Assist will be a great way to put you in a position to make plays and earn credits."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 exboxfan @ 05/24/09 06:16 PM
Why post this on Operation Sports, this is IGN or Gamespot type of coverage. This is a sports site where the people want the most real experience we can get from our sports game.

Not some extra stuff that has no effect on gameplay.

Don't even mention this here (IMO).

# 162 canesfan1189 @ 05/24/09 06:39 PM
I absolutely HATE how ea always overrates the hell out of fsu!!!! And fix jacory harris so he looks black not white!!!!!!

# 163 rudyjuly2 @ 05/24/09 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
I think this feature looks cool.
I'm glad someone likes it. Even if I don't like it hopefully nobody trashes you for your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if it's completely wrong. Just kidding.

(Takes guts to say it on a board where everyone, including me, is trashing it).

# 164 BBkobe87 @ 05/24/09 10:15 PM
I think the trashing of season showdown has been necessary, because even tho I think its a decent feature, they have covered it way too much. The complaining is getting ridiculous on this site tho, everytime I come to OS now half of what I read is bashing SS. You must realize this is the big feature that marketing WILL push, EA does not deserve continuing bashing for marketing something that the casual fan will likely be appealed to, this is just good business. Just seems to me that people are wasting too much time bashing SS, hopefully tho EA will actually give us SOMETHING to talk about with a decent feature. I just honestly dont believe half of you that say you will not buy the game, I dont know many people that spend their time posting on sports video game message boards that dont plan on buying what they spend hours conversing about.

# 165 UtahUtes32 @ 05/25/09 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exboxfan
Why post this on Operation Sports, this is IGN or Gamespot type of coverage. This is a sports site where the people want the most real experience we can get from our sports game.

Not some extra stuff that has no effect on gameplay.

Don't even mention this here (IMO).
Great Post

# 166 TheWatcher @ 05/25/09 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBkobe87
EA does not deserve continuing bashing for marketing something that the casual fan will likely be appealed to, this is just good business.
This is what I got from what SS is: You play games, and "earn" points. The points register through the online service in some way. Those points can perhaps help your favorite team get into a 32 team tournament at the end of it, where the winner is named the "Season Showdown Champion"... okay, so where is the hook here? Do we actually win anything? If there is actually something to be won then I can maybe see this doing something. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

# 167 TheWatcher @ 05/25/09 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
Think b4 u post watcher because that can b asked about every game ever made ! :-/
?

# 168 rhombic21 @ 05/25/09 10:31 AM
Quote:
U ask do u win something do u win anything ever? Other than what the game offer.
That's kind of the point. The small personal reward that you get for winning with your team on the game is about the extent of what you're going to get in terms of school pride on the game. Ergo, this feature adds absolutely nothing to the game.

# 169 TheWatcher @ 05/25/09 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
That's kind of the point. The small personal reward that you get for winning with your team on the game is about the extent of what you're going to get in terms of school pride on the game. Ergo, this feature adds absolutely nothing to the game.
Exactly.

# 170 TheWatcher @ 05/25/09 10:53 AM
Quote:
U ask do u win something do u win anything ever? Other than what the game offer.
Well, part of my "?", is because of the "think before you post" part you wrote which is not polite on top of it being unnecessary. But I digress.

My post wasn't a rhetorical question. And taking into account that Coca-Cola is involved and they're making a big deal of it, it's more than reasonable to think that there would be something to win of some tangible value. It's almost laughable if there isn't. If there isn't, then I feel that this SS stuff is virtually pointless.

If they really wanted to do something special here (and create a buzz for themselves and the game on top of furthering a positive image), they could've given away a TV to the winner and a scholarship to a student in need in honor of the winner.

Between EA and Coca-Cola they have more than enough money to do that, and even I would've gotten in on it just because it would've been doing something good for someone who needs it.

# 171 TheWatcher @ 05/25/09 12:13 PM
I think we realize there is a whole world outside of OS, lol. In reality, the reception for Season Showdown hasn't been good here or outside of OS (other boards).

We'll see soon enough. But regardless, if nothing tangible comes from "winning" it's going to be hard to justify it to a lot of people. People tend to get involved in competitions where they can win something of tangible value. I know, because I've not only won a number of them myself, I also actually ran a pretty successful international competition (music industry) for several years. Had I only been giving away a non-tangible title of "Music champion" the contest would've been dismissed rather quickly... and I was only charging $10, lol. You have to spend $60+ just to get into Season Showdown (price of buying the game), plus have XBOX Live Gold (another $49.99).

# 172 Solidice @ 05/25/09 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
You have to spend $60+ just to get into Season Showdown (price of buying the game), plus have XBOX Live Gold (another $49.99).
I don't think you'll need gold to participate in Season Showdown(not that it makes it any better). TeamBuilder is usable with only a Silver account and Season Showdown is not in the Xbox Live menu in NCAA 10 either.

# 173 bamaCT12 @ 05/25/09 02:00 PM
First play, Julio, Touchdown.

# 174 rhombic21 @ 05/25/09 02:18 PM
Quote:
Ro 21 & watcher should understand this site is not the world there more ppl out here that may like this so to call it a waste well how so?
Why should I care whether other people like a feature that I think is pointless? Is that going to somehow change my experience with the game?

# 175 TheWatcher @ 05/25/09 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I don't think you'll need gold to participate in Season Showdown(not that it makes it any better). TeamBuilder is usable with only a Silver account and Season Showdown is not in the Xbox Live menu in NCAA 10 either.
Hmmmm. I guess I just assumed because it was so tied into online that it wouldn't be a freely open thing. If it is, maybe Coca-Cola is paying for this like they did with the downloadable alternate jersey's in NCAA 07 (at least I think it was Coca-Cola).

# 176 rudyjuly2 @ 05/25/09 03:02 PM
Adembroski said in his blog that the pass speeds in NCAA haven't been slowed down like they have in Madden. Is this true? I was looking forward to more realistic arm strengths.

# 177 ActLikeYouCrow @ 05/25/09 03:07 PM
so players in college are faster than they are in the nfl? that sucks

# 178 rudyjuly2 @ 05/25/09 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
so players in college are faster than they are in the nfl? that sucks
That's not what Adembroski was saying. Last year, both Madden and NCAA had quarterbacks throw the ball too hard if you actually measure how fast the ball travelled. Madden 10 slowed down the speed of the passes while NCAA 10 allegedly kept the speed of the actual passes thrown the same as last year.

As for player speed, Madden does have a speed slider this year so you can speed up or slow down the game and players as you like (from what I've read). That is Madden exclusive.

# 179 UtahUtes32 @ 05/25/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaCT12
First play, Julio, Touchdown.
those could have come in handy in the sugar bowl huh

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.