Home
Backbreaker News Post

The official Backbreaker forums have posted a few more screenshots.

Quote:
"Firstly... I am very excited to confirm that Backbreaker will be at E3 2009 in LA. I will be there myself and will be giving the first ever hands on preview session with an exclusive press partner.

Secondly... We will be launching a new video at E3. I've seen the first cut and it gave me goosebumps! It should add to some already heated debates and start some fresh new ones..."

Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view Backbreaker screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ty5oke @ 05/23/09 12:26 PM
Looks good, Can't wait to hear what they got in store for E3. Looks like they will be releasing a video at E3.

# 2 jdr4693 @ 05/23/09 12:32 PM
yeah it has been confirmed they will show video and have a hands on @ e3.

# 3 elgreazy1 @ 05/23/09 01:18 PM
With the game supposedly being based in the "not so distant future" i'm really interested in how that'll affect the gameplay mechanics. Obviously you can see the time is reflected in the player models where instead of pads they're wearing a body-armour type uniform. Although that takes away from the individuality of players (at least in pics so far) it may add different layers of "brutality" and speed.

# 4 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/23/09 01:31 PM
I guess.

# 5 e0820 @ 05/23/09 06:08 PM
The logos on the score bar seem familiar does 2k8 have similar logos?

# 6 TreyIM2 @ 05/23/09 08:24 PM
Actually, the graphics still look "weak", lacking detail but I'm waiting for actual in-game game play video NOT some pieced together trailer. They've already done that. Let's go, BB, u got a lot of ground to cover and I am not sold on you, yet.

# 7 cepwin @ 05/23/09 08:26 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing more. Quore had a feature on the euphoria (I think that's it) engine they're using and it does things Madden doesn't even do (or *think* about doing.)

# 8 jyoung @ 05/23/09 11:47 PM
Awesome news!

Looks like this one may actually come out after all.

# 9 Saijahn @ 05/24/09 10:48 AM
I think it's too late for this game, we've already seen Madden 09 come and go and now Madden 10 is shaping up to be the best football game ever made.

# 10 elgreazy1 @ 05/24/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior310
you guys should help madden with the stadiums and the atmosphere.
And maybe in return, Madden can drop the NFL license so other people can make a GOOD NFL football game.

# 11 THUG-Z @ 05/25/09 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Actually, the graphics still look "weak", lacking detail but I'm waiting for actual in-game game play video NOT some pieced together trailer. They've already done that. Let's go, BB, u got a lot of ground to cover and I am not sold on you, yet.
You couldn't have said it any better. At first, I was hyped about this game, but after years of showing only screen shots and a few game images, I have a felling this game will be questionable at launch -- because it seems like the BB team is still tweaking and working on it.

# 12 LingeringRegime @ 05/26/09 03:08 AM
I don't understand why people are so against this game. I am REALLY looking forward to it, more than I am looking forward to Madden. It's nice that there are instant replays in the game, hopefully you will be able to save them.

# 13 jdr4693 @ 05/26/09 03:19 AM
Yeah so many self proclaimed "artists" in this thread. Atleast this game looks better than All Pro Football 2k8 IMO.

# 14 bkrich83 @ 05/26/09 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Yeah so many self proclaimed "artists" in this thread. Atleast this game looks better than All Pro Football 2k8 IMO.

I wasn't aware you were required to be an artist to have an opinion on the graphics of a video game.

# 15 splanch @ 05/26/09 12:46 PM
this is looking really good but i want to know how the customization is gona be on players and team buliding

# 16 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/28/09 04:25 PM
I got to see some good video footage before I even get excited bout the next blitz type football game wannabe. LOL that what BB is going to look like is another blitz type game. I will rent it but not buy it.

# 17 LingeringRegime @ 05/28/09 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I got to see some good video footage before I even get excited bout the next blitz type football game wannabe. LOL that what BB is going to look like is another blitz type game. I will rent it but not buy it.
How is it a Blitz type of game? There hasn't been a picture yet that has given that impression. There are eleven players on each side of the ball, interactive crowd reactions, etc. Blitz is an over the top arcade style game, this looks to be a futuristic, football simulation.

# 18 drae2 @ 06/02/09 01:20 PM
Well lookie here. It's E3 and nothing from BB. I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

# 19 burnwood @ 06/02/09 11:59 PM
I want to join the bash party. This game has been toying with my football emotions long enough.

# 20 bcruise @ 06/03/09 12:02 AM
Pasta dropped a little blurb at the end of his last update...

Quote:
Backbreaker
Had a good 1 1/2 hour showing of the game. Can’t speak on it until June 15th however.
Looks like it's still firmly in NDA-land.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.