Home
Madden 2010 News Post

There won't be a Madden blog next week due to us all being out at E3, so with this being Memorial Day this blog seemed very fitting to make up for it. Enjoy!

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans - just wanted to drop in with a bit of good news and show an upgrade that we've added to Madden NFL 10 - and that is the addition of the USAF Thunderbirds!

These elite pilots make a guest appearance in our Super Bowl and Conference Championship games, buzzing over the stadium at speeds exceeding 300 mph, leaving a nice trail of smoke in their wake."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Ian_Cummings @ 05/25/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavigatorD83
Another thing that i would like to see and you probably have thought of it is players coming out of the tunnel.
Yeah, we thought of it.

# 102 Ian_Cummings @ 05/25/09 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
The Seahawks have the Blue Angles of the Navy fly over before every home game. They should be in Madden, too.
Couldn't get rights to both the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels in time. Hoping to have a bunch of them next year as well as other aircraft like stealth bombers, choppers, and the like.

I think the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds are like big rivals too btw...

# 103 DMczaf @ 05/25/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Couldn't get rights to both the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels in time. Hoping to have a bunch of them next year as well as other aircraft like stealth bombers, choppers, and the like.
Call of Madden!

# 104 berad88 @ 05/25/09 10:24 PM
Quote:

That is excellent the more variation the better. Keeps things from getting old.

# 105 SoxFan01605 @ 05/25/09 10:26 PM
Quote:

lol...WHAT game are you developing again.

Anyway, things seem to be shaping up nicely. I'm curious to see what other presentational touches you guys are keeping under wraps to this point (My fingers crossed for some of it to be franchise presentation as well).

# 106 carolina_boi @ 05/25/09 10:30 PM
Quote:
Yeah, we thought of it.
i hope we can get that in this years game ! With the smoke, flames(falcons) and all !

# 107 KANE699 @ 05/25/09 10:33 PM
Quote:

Now this is what I brought up on community day and was looking forward to hearing.

# 108 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/25/09 10:38 PM
Quote:

Man Ian having all that would be awsome bro. Thanks again for the great job you and your crew is doing.

# 109 project_mist @ 05/25/09 10:39 PM
If you watch this video, you will notice that after the players run out the tunnels... the thunder birds fly by the stadium. neat huh? It was cool back in 04 when I saw it for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLNa6rIDNSc

# 110 SoxFan01605 @ 05/25/09 10:40 PM
Quote:

Only because they both think they're the best.

It's actually more of a service branch thing (USN v. USAF). I'm sure the Navy guys would jump at the chance knowing the Airforce guys got in though.

I used to be an avionics technician for F-18's (what the Blue Angels fly) and have done my fair share of maintenance on Blue Angels, and worked with Blue Angel pilots. They'd eat up the attention, believe me...lol

# 111 lint @ 05/25/09 10:41 PM
Jets fly into the Falcons dome through a vent and fly around scaring people then go back out through the vent....

STUPID DOME!!!!

# 112 adembroski @ 05/25/09 10:43 PM
I told a friend of mine from Ireland who's a big football fan that Madden was getting F-16s and his response was, "WTF, the plane?! WHY!?"

# 113 SoxFan01605 @ 05/25/09 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I told a friend of mine from Ireland who's a big football fan that Madden was getting F-16s and his response was, "WTF, the plane?! WHY!?"
It's part of the new "Thunderbird" offense. You're RB and TE provide cover fire, your OL softens the interior defenses, and then your QB bombs the **** out the enemy territory using his WRs. Easy 6.

Of course, there is the concern of "cheesers" ruining this...

...sorry.

# 114 SteelerSpartan @ 05/25/09 10:48 PM
Man we got some nice stuff today....needless to say Im really pumped for next week and hope we get some juicy footage to tear apart for feedback

# 115 Rawdeal28 @ 05/25/09 10:48 PM
Quote:
Yeah, we thought of it.
i love u
Quote:

lmao @ gangs in the air

# 116 coogrfan @ 05/25/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by project_mist
If you watch this video, you will notice that after the players run out the tunnels... the thunder birds fly by the stadium. neat huh? It was cool back in 04 when I saw it for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLNa6rIDNSc
Dude, just stop. Please.

# 117 lint @ 05/25/09 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Dude, just stop. Please.
I thought it was funny how both coaches waddled like ducks onto the field.

That was the best part

# 118 project_mist @ 05/25/09 10:57 PM
Dude just stop Stop what? It's a cool feature... it was awesome when I saw it back in 04 during my NFL2K5 franchise. Watch the video and see the thunder birds fly over the stadium.

# 119 coogrfan @ 05/25/09 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by project_mist
Dude just stop Stop what? It's a cool feature... it was awesome when I saw it back in 04 during my NFL2K5 franchise. Watch the video and see the thunder birds fly over the stadium.
You do realize that it's possible to see your previous posts, right? Your agenda in your limited time here is painfully obvious.

2k is gone. Just let it go.

# 120 project_mist @ 05/25/09 11:12 PM
Um, again... the feature is cool. It was much cooler when I was exposed to it for the first time 5 years ago, much in the same way that first time viewers are wide eyed now. Stop being insecure, and reading way to much into the post.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.