Home
Madden 2010 News Post

There won't be a Madden blog next week due to us all being out at E3, so with this being Memorial Day this blog seemed very fitting to make up for it. Enjoy!

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans - just wanted to drop in with a bit of good news and show an upgrade that we've added to Madden NFL 10 - and that is the addition of the USAF Thunderbirds!

These elite pilots make a guest appearance in our Super Bowl and Conference Championship games, buzzing over the stadium at speeds exceeding 300 mph, leaving a nice trail of smoke in their wake."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 cowboyscowboys @ 05/25/09 11:24 PM
Presentation is lookin sweet this year!

# 122 coogrfan @ 05/25/09 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by project_mist
Um, again... the feature is cool. It was much cooler when I was exposed to it for the first time 5 years ago, much in the same way that first time viewers are wide eyed now. Stop being insecure, and reading way to much into the post.
If you weren't trolling, then what was your intent? Or do you seriously expect anyone to believe that you thought that the rest of us didn't know that 2k5 had something similar as part of it's SB pre-game?

# 123 THUG-Z @ 05/25/09 11:33 PM
That's actually looks tight; the Dolphin Stadium (now called the Land Shark Stadium) also does random flyovers too.

# 124 judgejudy @ 05/25/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Dude just stop Stop what? It's a cool feature... it was awesome when I saw it back in 04 during my NFL2K5 franchise. Watch the video and see the thunder birds fly over the stadium.
oh wow, I had no idea this was in 2k5. I guess they better get it out of Madden. After all, there's no point in improving upon something once it's been done. Time to get back to the drawing board guys

# 125 dbshady @ 05/25/09 11:38 PM
Im digging all this, I really am. You guys are doing it this year.

But Ian... man... im looking at all these screenshots and still... no sign of any Eye Black... or mouthpeices for that matter.

Iv'e come to realize... my push for Eye Black and Mouthpeices failed.

Just put me out of my misery man... if its not there, let me know.

That's all.

# 126 Rbush903 @ 05/25/09 11:38 PM
wow madden is stepping up there game, it s funny to me that they got the thunderchickens, I guess them waking me up at 5:45 every morning to practice paid off.

# 127 project_mist @ 05/25/09 11:40 PM
14 Pages, full of responses that indicate many here are seeing this feature for the first time was indeed enough for me to believe that very few knew about it. I applauded the feature, posted a video of the feature I'm referring, and will move on.

No need to be an overtly sensitive apologist, as I'm not challenging anything in the topic.

# 128 KANE699 @ 05/25/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Im digging all this, I really am. You guys are doing it this year.

But Ian... man... im looking at all these screenshots and still... no sign of any Eye Black... or mouthpeices for that matter.

Iv'e come to realize... my push for Eye Black and Mouthpeices failed.

Just put me out of my misery man... if its not there, let me know.

That's all.
Eye black is in, mouthpeices are probably a Madden 11 thing.

# 129 steelers1216 @ 05/25/09 11:43 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...k-jackets.html

we need them......... (click on it to see the thread)

# 130 mastershake88 @ 05/25/09 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
There won't be a Madden blog next week due to us all being out at E3, so with this being Memorial Day this blog seemed very fitting to make up for it. Enjoy!

Your getting my money bub..i've seen enough.

# 131 SoxFan01605 @ 05/25/09 11:56 PM
Quote:
14 Pages, full of responses that indicate many here are seeing this feature for the first time was indeed enough for me to believe that very few knew about it. I applauded the feature, posted a video of the feature I'm referring, and will move on.

No need to be an overtly sensitive apologist, as I'm not challenging anything in the topic.
I think the general response was simply appreciation that Madden finally has such things is all. Most are aware of the many thing 2K did/does better.

I think the frustration comes from folks constantly bringin up 2K with no purposeful frame of reference (meaning, it wasn't to the benefit of furthering Madden's presentation...it was merely "2K did it").

To be fair, one would get the same response bringing up Madden i the 2K forums...nature of the beast, which is why the separate forums exist.

I'm not scolding you or anything(I could honestly care less), just explaining a likely reason why it was an issue.

That said, and moving on...

I'm starting to get hopefull that Madden could finally hold my attention for a full go this time around. There's still plenty remaining to be seen, of course (franchise is my main concern) but the right things are finally looking improved for the first time in awhile. We'll see.

# 132 statum71 @ 05/25/09 11:58 PM
Anybody whose saying "same ole Madden stuff" is insane.

These are the type of fine details that EA has NEVER had In any sport. Thats what makes The Show so nice.

Good work. Very excited.

# 133 dbshady @ 05/25/09 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Eye black is in, mouthpeices are probably a Madden 11 thing.
Kane!!! Don't mess with me man.... you've seen my campaign.

Are we taking, Fully Editable... Each player... (Edit Player Screen: Eye Black or None).. Eye Black?

ORR are you saying the same old... Drew Brees, Randy Moss, player profile Eye Black.

# 134 N51_rob @ 05/26/09 12:00 AM
Thanks for the second blog today Ian. I am looking forward to E3 and reading and seeing what else is in store.

# 135 KANE699 @ 05/26/09 12:08 AM
Its just on the players I don't know if its editable.

# 136 dbshady @ 05/26/09 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Its just on the players I don't know if its editable.
That's what I thought, it's been on the players in 08 and 09. But not on enought of them. Ive seen a number of Screens now and there is no sign of any Eye Black (Editable).

I tried so hard. My campaign is over. There is no Editable Eye Black.

# 137 cedwebb @ 05/26/09 12:15 AM
Love the presentation! I am hoping to get this for the opening games and the conference and super bowl games. Ian, was wondering, if you use this for opening week and we are using a indoor team, will there be some presentation to take the place of not seeing the birds?

In the metrodome they always show the players running out of the tunnel (which is a big vikings ship) in big games usually following the viking on a harley. Would freak out if I saw that in the metrodome.

# 138 Candyman5 @ 05/26/09 12:55 AM
Lmao, there are still people asking for superbowl customized endzones. XD

# 139 bigwill33 @ 05/26/09 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Couldn't get rights to both the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels in time. Hoping to have a bunch of them next year as well as other aircraft like stealth bombers, choppers, and the like.

I think the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds are like big rivals too btw...
Then there better be some blimping next year haha.

# 140 Papi34 @ 05/26/09 08:02 AM
I'm very impressed, but what blew me away about this thread is that, even at this late stage in development Ian is still throwing things open to the community and listening to suggestions. Kudos.... really.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.