Home
Madden 2010 News Post

There won't be a Madden blog next week due to us all being out at E3, so with this being Memorial Day this blog seemed very fitting to make up for it. Enjoy!

Quote:
"Hey Madden fans - just wanted to drop in with a bit of good news and show an upgrade that we've added to Madden NFL 10 - and that is the addition of the USAF Thunderbirds!

These elite pilots make a guest appearance in our Super Bowl and Conference Championship games, buzzing over the stadium at speeds exceeding 300 mph, leaving a nice trail of smoke in their wake."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 SageInfinite @ 05/26/09 02:24 PM
Lol @ the coke zero coin toss. Like there wouldn't be a coin toss if it wasn't for coke. I agree that is pretty lame. The other advertisements don't bother me tho. It seems like they update them every week or something.

# 162 BrianFifaFan @ 05/26/09 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Its all good roadman, just tired of the madden sheep always talking trash. If u say something that 2k5 has already had in there game, madden sheep get there panties in a bunch. Ill I want is the best representation of football..whether it EA or 2K. It just a shame its taking this long to get there...feel me?

Huh? Madden sheep? Come on man. That right there shows agenda and bias. Most of the "sheep" you are referring to are guys who have played both Madden and 2k's football games. And we're just like you in wanting to just have a great game for this year. Because that's all that really matters. 2k5, APF and Madden09 all have one thing in common, they are history, the past, and outdated. They don't have ProTak and the other tech advances that '10 will. They might have done some great things for their time but, as Ian has shown, they are not the future of football gaming. Now I'm not gonna set the game up as being perfected football bliss. Everyone here knows that the game is in rebuilding mode. But anyone who can, with a straight face, say that this game isn't the Most Improved Player in sports gaming history in one cycle, is just bitter and looking for the game to be a letdown. And hoping that somehow in some Divine intervention that the NFL will come to their senses and rethink the exclusive agreement. Time to let that go and get on board with helping with the task at hand. Or head on over to the BB boards and cheer for the new "Little Engine that Could......."

# 163 roadman @ 05/26/09 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Huh? Madden sheep? Come on man. That right there shows agenda and bias. Most of the "sheep" you are referring to are guys who have played both Madden and 2k's football games. And we're just like you in wanting to just have a great game for this year. Because that's all that really matters. 2k5, APF and Madden09 all have one thing in common, they are history, the past, and outdated. They don't have ProTak and the other tech advances that '10 will. They might have done some great things for their time but, as Ian has shown, they are not the future of football gaming. Now I'm not gonna set the game up as being perfected football bliss. Everyone here knows that the game is in rebuilding mode. But anyone who can, with a straight face, say that this game isn't the Most Improved Player in sports gaming history in one cycle, is just bitter and looking for the game to be a letdown. And hoping that somehow in some Divine intervention that the NFL will come to their senses and rethink the exclusive agreement. Time to let that go and get on board with helping with the task at hand. Or head on over to the BB boards and cheer for the new "Little Engine that Could......."
Thank you Brian, you said it much better than I did.

# 164 roadman @ 05/26/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
roadman, do u agree that we as 2K5 fans get tired of "Go and play your 5 year old game and go back to the past" Well u right I do go and play my 5 year old game, and guess what..it still kicks maddens azz. So with that said, im looking forward to madden this year. Ian is catering to a more sim style game, and that's what's needed. That's why I said study 2K5.. it was a sim and not a arcade style game like madden. So since Ian is doing that, im not complaining. Just that when things like jets flying over, refs on the field and chaingangs, its nothing to be impressed over as a 2K fan. We have that already, so it has to be something new to impress us. PRO-TAK is one that got my attention, 2K never had that. So ups to Ian and his crew.
Again, tell us something we don't know. I'm not one to tell anyone go back and play a game from 5 yrs ago, but I noticed you don't hold back on constantly jabbing Madden.

I was just calling you out for crossing the line with Madden Sheep.

Ian doesn't have to study 2k5. He already has studied 2k5 and has a tape of the presentation at Tibouran running over and over again. He has studied 2k8 as well. He has admitted that 2k5 did a lot of things well and some things it didn't do well.

So, let me get this straight, you go tell Ian to go study 2k5, but then, jet's flying over is in the game and now, you are saying , I'm not impressed. You can't have it both ways. I think Brian is correct, you do have a bias and agenda.

Heck , I've enjoyed 2k5 over Madden NG, but I'm happy that refs, chaingangs, nets, jets flying over are in the game.

I could really care less where the idea originated from, I'm just happy it's in the game. I don't think it needs to be pointed out on a consistent basis.

# 165 SageInfinite @ 05/26/09 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Again, tell us something we don't know. I'm not one to tell anyone go back and play a game from 5 yrs ago, but I noticed you don't hold back on constantly jabbing Madden.

I was just calling you out for crossing the line with Madden Sheep.

Ian doesn't have to study 2k5. He already has studied 2k5 and has a tape of the presentation at Tibouran running over and over again. He has studied 2k8 as well. He has admitted that 2k5 did a lot of things well and some things it didn't do well.

So, let me get this straight, you go tell Ian to go study 2k5, but then, jet's flying over is in the game and now, you are saying , I'm not impressed. You can't have it both ways. I think Brian is correct, you do have a bias and agenda.

Heck , I've enjoyed 2k5 over Madden NG, but I'm happy that refs, chaingangs, nets, jets flying over are in the game.

I could really care less where the idea originated from, I'm just happy it's in the game. I don't think it needs to be pointed out on a consistent basis.
+1. If you could care less you should though

# 166 Deegeezy @ 05/26/09 03:07 PM
Adaway to ruin a thread guys.

# 167 roadman @ 05/26/09 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
+1. If you could care less you should though
Ha , good comeback.

Ok, back on topic with the jets.

I'm just glad it's in the game.

# 168 Colladie @ 05/26/09 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMczaf
Call of Madden!
I got one better!

Call of Duty 4: Madden Warfare

# 169 BrianFifaFan @ 05/26/09 03:48 PM
Quote:
lol..I see you'll have jokes. Anyway, im not bias or trying to take over the world. Just here to set a point. We all want the same thing, but I will say this analogy" If I had a benz and u had a honda, and u finally got the same benz. U wouldn't be impressed with that benz, u just be glad u got it"
Ahh, but to stay wiith your analogy, "I have a new '10 Benz with Sat Nav and the latest in safety upgrades. You have a 04 Benzo with no Sat Nav and the floorboards are starting to rust through...."

# 170 PatsRDaBest1283 @ 05/26/09 03:53 PM
Can you make the patriots have this feature for their stadium? or even better...have those army guys on the endzone sides and fire their guns before the game..thats there tradition..PLEEASE ADD THIS!!! THIS WOULD BE SO GREAT TO HAVE! Thank you

# 171 DePounded @ 05/26/09 04:00 PM
This is awesome! Seriously, you need to drop by the NCAA Dev team, and give them some tips. They should be taking notes at what you guys are doing with Madden this year. In previous versions of Madden, you guys are named the Bears stadium "Chicago Stadium," can you please change it to its proper name for Madden 10 (i.e. Soldier Field). Thanks and good work!

# 172 Deegeezy @ 05/26/09 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DePounded
This is awesome! Seriously, you need to drop by the NCAA Dev team, and give them some tips. They should be taking notes at what you guys are doing with Madden this year. In previous versions of Madden, you guys are named the Bears stadium "Chicago Stadium," can you please change it to its proper name for Madden 10 (i.e. Soldier Field). Thanks and good work!
You can blame the city of Chicago for that. Trust me, EA knows the place is called Soldier Field. The city won't allow them to use it in the game though.

# 173 DePounded @ 05/26/09 04:18 PM
Deegeezy, is that for real? I would like to know for sure, cus I've been bitching about playing at "Chicago Stadium" for 2 yrs now. Haven't heard anything about the City of Chicago preventing EA from doing this. Doesn't make sense, every stadium is properly named in the game except "Soldier Field." B.S.

# 174 Crimsontide27 @ 05/26/09 04:49 PM
Is there any way to contact the developers of this game? I would like to be able to contact Ian if at all possible but didnt see a way to send a message. Of course I could understand if their PMs are turned off.

Something is really important to me and I would like the opportunity to discuss it with him.

( It has nothing to do with features, or additions / subtractions to the game ) More in line with something that could benefit thousands of individuals and more than likely be a huge PR campaign if the suits at EA had to look at it that way.

# 175 titansftw @ 05/26/09 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Since "every" team with an open stadium does it a few times, I'd say limit it to each team's first home game, home rivalry games, and home playoff games. And of course, the Super Bowl.
I think it should only be for opening week, the conference championship games and the superbowl. Plus I hope the commentors aren't talking during and just before and after like in 2k. Give a break for dramatic affect as the crowd goes wild. The sound is really important on this. The juets need tobe loud an the crowd right after needs ot be going crazy.

# 176 titansftw @ 05/26/09 04:55 PM
Quote:
For the madden sheep that will defend madden nomatter how bad it is, which madden should I go too that represent the NFL the best over 2K5? Let me guess...NONE!!!. Madden10 looks promising and I give Ian props for his efforts. But don't criticize people on here, when its something they been use too and just pointing out. Majority of madden fans are use to the arcade style gameplay and fluff. Sim fans are not and 2K5 wasn't perfect, but it damn sure represent the NFL well. So until madden surpasses it, u damn right we going to point it out. Ian I know u see this, all im asking is surpass it, if not this year...NEXT!!!
I dont understand. you love 2k5 because of the stuff thats in it so why is it that your mad when madden puts the stuff in that you like about 2k5? it doesnt make sense to me. if anything you should be really happy that a football game is trying to put in and serpass what 2k5 had. help me to understand cos I dont.

# 177 K_GUN @ 05/26/09 05:00 PM
Quote:
roadman, do u agree that we as 2K5 fans get tired of "Go and play your 5 year old game and go back to the past" Well u right I do go and play my 5 year old game, and guess what..it still kicks maddens azz. So with that said, im looking forward to madden this year. Ian is catering to a more sim style game, and that's what's needed. That's why I said study 2K5.. it was a sim and not a arcade style game like madden. So since Ian is doing that, im not complaining. Just that when things like jets flying over, refs on the field and chaingangs, its nothing to be impressed over as a 2K fan. We have that already, so it has to be something new to impress us. PRO-TAK is one that got my attention, 2K never had that. So ups to Ian and his crew.

i think i understand ya

when 2k4 came out with their *new* play-call screen...you know the one that looked like madden for several years

-former 2k5 fanboy

# 178 carolina_boi @ 05/26/09 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
I think it should only be for opening week, the conference championship games and the superbowl. Plus I hope the commentors aren't talking during and just before and after like in 2k. Give a break for dramatic affect as the crowd goes wild. The sound is really important on this. The juets need tobe loud an the crowd right after needs ot be going crazy.
I AGREE! i hope they have the players running out of the tunnels this year with the smoke and fire/flames and not the same old intrance that they used in Madden 08. =p

# 179 Deegeezy @ 05/26/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DePounded
Deegeezy, is that for real? I would like to know for sure, cus I've been bitching about playing at "Chicago Stadium" for 2 yrs now. Haven't heard anything about the City of Chicago preventing EA from doing this. Doesn't make sense, every stadium is properly named in the game except "Soldier Field." B.S.

Sorry man...It is indeed for real.

# 180 TreyIM2 @ 05/26/09 06:29 PM
adfletch71 - Like I said on page 10 before u and others got into it - LET 2K5 GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! It's pathetic to keep bringing it up especially when EA is making huge leaps and bounds for this Madden. If u wanna keep beating that beyond dead carcass of a horse, goto the 2K boards where people just cannot stop bashing anything EA, ok buddy? Keep that **** over there with the other whiny, negative folks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.