Home
Madden 2010 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted the top 10 players by position in Madden NFL 10.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 pgtrain42 @ 05/27/09 12:12 PM
shotgun the colts did the same thing and noone said anything then, people only got pissed cause they were the patriots. Sportsmanship be damned, if you want to be respected as a team play your best till the whistle blows. If you suck, that isn't the other team's fault.

# 162 djp34 @ 05/27/09 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
shotgun i agree with pretty much everything you've said throughout this thread. keep it up, let em know!
Haha another *****

# 163 pgtrain42 @ 05/27/09 12:17 PM
And saying Favre, Roethlisberger, and McNabb are better game breakers than Brady and Manning? Are you high? The only way they break the game is with A. Favre's idiotic picks (see week 17 against the Dolphins) B. Roethlisberger holding the ball too long because he's an indecisive QB and getting sacked 50 times, and C. McNabb throwing the ball in the dirt on 3rd downs.

Saying Roethlisberger won a Super Bowl on his own is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. He probably had the worst performance of all-time by any QB in a Superbowl in Superbowl 40, and was pretty bad in the last Superbowl until that last drive. They wouldn't have even had a chance if not for that 99 yard fumble return by Harrison.

# 164 Blkcanes @ 05/27/09 12:21 PM
Only problem I have with these rating is Nnamdi is not known to be fast CB 94 speed is really fast even for him he was a safety at Cal and ran like one that is what makes him more amazing he is not as fast as Madden makes him but he is still able to shut down speedy Wr. In Madden must he have the speed to be as good as he is ?

# 165 pgtrain42 @ 05/27/09 12:24 PM
Also didn't they say they were going to dramatically change the speed ratings? They all seem pretty much the same to me.

# 166 djp34 @ 05/27/09 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtrain42
Also didn't they say they were going to dramatically change the speed ratings? They all seem pretty much the same to me.
They did tweak the speed ratings but they did more with the overall speed of the game itself to make the speed ratings more realistic.

# 167 kjcheezhead @ 05/27/09 12:31 PM
People want to give all the credit for the success Brady and Manning have had to their systems, but IMO Big Ben is a product of his system. Compare his stats to Joe Flacco (a rookie). Almost identical and the Ravens were 1 game away from the bowl themselves. Why is that? They play in an almost identical system. Is any one saying Flacco is top 5 material?

You have to use some statisical analysis to evaluate qbs, but I agree it doesnt have to be everything. Montana didnt rewrite the record books, but he wasnt getting sacked, fumbling and throwing a equal number of picks and tds either.

# 168 pgtrain42 @ 05/27/09 12:48 PM
exactly kjcheezhead

# 169 cowboyscowboys @ 05/27/09 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
So basically he runs a 4.7, and that is not fast for a receiving TE. There are 4.4 and 4.5 TEs in this league. 4.7 is getting into DT territory.
Give me a break bro, the odd Vernon Davis freak type TE runs like that. Look at the combine #'s from this year and tell me what a 4.5,4.6,4.7 40 from a TE got for a speed rating, and these are unproven players. Not 5 time pro bowlers, also I am not saying all 4.6,4.7 40's by TE's auotmatically make them fast I just think for a guy who has been the 2nd best pass catching TE over the last 4 years would be more of a threat in the game. Instead he is rated like the 8th best receiving TE with good blocking stats, as for the blocking stats lower them and make him a threat.

# 170 steelers1 @ 05/27/09 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtrain42
Roethlisberger makes plays when Brady or Manning would get sacked? Are you serious? Brady and Manning have the best pocket presence in the game, there's a reason that they always get the ball off before getting hit by a defender. On the other hand, Roethlisberger has been the most sacked quarterback in the NFL the last 3 years (46+ each time). You call Brady and Manning system quarterbacks when Big Ben for his first two years was part of a run first offensive attack (not to mention having a defense that was just as good as the Patriots D that won those 3 super bowls in each of his two Super Bowls). Two of the last three years he's nearly had more interceptions than touchdowns (he did in '06 by 5!). I'm not saying Roethlisberger is a bad quarterback, or even mediocre he's still top 5, but until he can stop throwing so many picks and getting sacked so much, he's not in Brady or Mannings class.
'System QBs' are referred to as such because the system they are in allows for good stats. The Steelers system is, like you said, a run first system that doesn't allow for those numbers. Steelers QBs are throwing the football mainly on 3rd downs or when the team is losing (with the occasional 1st and 2nd down long bal). Those aren't easy situations to throw, and Roethlisberger's high QB ratings in his first 2 years show how successful he was.

Ben's only in his 5th year as a starter and threw more picks than TDs in his 3rd year when he was rushed back from a life threatening motorcycle accident and appendectomy, and had a severe concussion midseason. Peyton had more picks than TDs in his rookie season and threw 23 picks his 4th year in the league. Brady has never been an interception thrower, but that's in part because he's a dink-dunker who's only averaged over 11.4 yards/completion 3 times in his career, and when he's averaged more it's due to his receivers having a lot of YAC. As for them being so godly to avoid sack... you're kidding yourself. They have great offensive lines and when faced with pressure they are no better than average. See Tom Brady in Super Bowl 42 and Peyton Manning against the Steelers at home 3 years ago.

I also agree with everything that's been said about Daunte and how Brady and Moss cheaped their way to that record. Anybody remember the 2nd Dolphins game that year when the Pats were shut out in the second half because Brady kept trying to force it to Moss when they were up 28-0 and he threw 2 picks? Manning in 2004 did NOT play that way. And he had a far superior season (in my opinion). Brady threw 81 more passes than Manning and only had 1 more TD and a much lower ypa despite having a higher completion %. Manning also sat out a few 4th quarters when the team was ahead and he only threw 2 passes in the season ender that year while Brady was throwing deep up 40-0.

# 171 LilChris2434 @ 05/27/09 01:20 PM
LOL! Adrian Petersons carry is a 69. Sounds about right. That's the only thing killing us man, the FUMBLES!!!.

~Vikings '09 Be Easy.

# 172 slick1186 @ 05/27/09 01:24 PM
Its official Patrick Willis is going to be a beast in Madden. But whats up with Phillip Rivers TP at 81? Im not going to bash the rating because it might be accurate for him but its still pretty low. And Tom Brady i think should be either a 92-95 range because you generate power from you legs and he is still recovering from the knee injury.

# 173 Obelysk @ 05/27/09 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
'System QBs' are referred to as such because the system they are in allows for good stats. The Steelers system is, like you said, a run first system that doesn't allow for those numbers. Steelers QBs are throwing the football mainly on 3rd downs or when the team is losing (with the occasional 1st and 2nd down long bal). Those aren't easy situations to throw, and Roethlisberger's high QB ratings in his first 2 years show how successful he was.
Interesting because the Steelers had 506 passing attempts compared to their 460 rushing attempts.

Quote:
Ben's only in his 5th year as a starter and threw more picks than TDs in his 3rd year when he was rushed back from a life threatening motorcycle accident and appendectomy, and had a severe concussion midseason. Peyton had more picks than TDs in his rookie season and threw 23 picks his 4th year in the league. Brady has never been an interception thrower, but that's in part because he's a dink-dunker who's only averaged over 11.4 yards/completion 3 times in his career, and when he's averaged more it's due to his receivers having a lot of YAC. As for them being so godly to avoid sack... you're kidding yourself. They have great offensive lines and when faced with pressure they are no better than average. See Tom Brady in Super Bowl 42 and Peyton Manning against the Steelers at home 3 years ago.
Dink and dunk huh? in 2007 Brady was 2nd with Passes over 40 yards (behind Farve) and 1st with passes of over 20 yards. Okay may be its not fair since all we did in 2007 was pass right? Lets look at other years shall we? In 2006 when Brady had Cadwell and Gaffney as his #1 and #2 WRs he was 8th in passes of over 20 yards (manning 4th) and 8th in passes of over 40 yards (Manning 14h). 2005, Brady was 6th in passes of over 20 yards (Manning 1st) and 4th in passes of over 40 yards (Manning was 15th). Again in 2004 Brady was 6th in passes of over 20 yards (Manning 1st) and 5th in passes of over 40 yards (Manning 4th). I am sorry that is not "dinkin and dunkin." As far as pressure they are good but yes when the pocket completely collapses they are not nearly as effective, but I do have to say that our line is not as good as people think. After Brady went down our oline procedeed to give up the most sacks in the league, coinciden? Or did Brady make them look better than they are?

Quote:
I also agree with everything that's been said about Daunte and how Brady and Moss cheaped their way to that record. Anybody remember the 2nd Dolphins game that year when the Pats were shut out in the second half because Brady kept trying to force it to Moss when they were up 28-0 and he threw 2 picks? Manning in 2004 did NOT play that way. And he had a far superior season (in my opinion). Brady threw 81 more passes than Manning and only had 1 more TD and a much lower ypa despite having a higher completion %. Manning also sat out a few 4th quarters when the team was ahead and he only threw 2 passes in the season ender that year while Brady was throwing deep up 40-0.
Manning also playe all of his home games in a dome, and 1 more against the Texans, that is a total of 9 games in a dome while Brady played only 1 (in Indy) in a dome. Brady also did it against better defenses than Manning did:

Colts defenses' played:

Patriots 9th
Packers 25th
Jaguars 11th
Raiders 30th
Chiefs 31st
Texans 23rd
Vikings 28th
Bears 21th
Lions 22nd
Titans 27th
Ravens 6th
Chargers 18th
Broncos 4th

Average rank: 20th

Patriots' defenses played:

Jets 18th
Chargers 14th
Bills 31st
Dolphins 23rd
Cowboys 9th
Redskins 8th
Giants 7th
Ravens 6th
Steelers 1st
Browns 30th
Bengals 27th
Colts 3rd
Eagles 10th

Average rank: 14th

As you can see Brady played against better competition and in worst conditions than Manning. Also Brady had 2 rushing TDs that year Manning had 0 in 04, Brady could have easily thrown those. Is not Brady's fault that the defenses couldn't stop him.

# 174 Obelysk @ 05/27/09 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYA-MUSTANG86
That's BS Aaron Rodgers is clearely better then Jay ****ler, yet ****ler is on the list and A-Rod isn't. Do you people even watch football? And Greg Jennings is better then half those WR's, like Steve Smith, TO, Boldin, and White. Jennings should be at least a 95 overall. And where is Nick Collins on that list? He had 80 tackles, 7 INT's, and 3 TD. and that is not good for at least a 94? I am sick of the big market team bias when it comes to Madden. Every year the Packers are low balled and I'm sick and tired of it.

Jennings hasn't had better back to back season than any of those players you mentioned other than Boldin. But I do agree that he should be like a 91.

# 175 Obelysk @ 05/27/09 02:32 PM
Quote:
Ok. Name the 10 receivers in the NFL that are better than Owens.
Right now? I guess you can make a case for all of these guys:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Randy Moss
4. Steve Smith
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Anquan Boldin
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Greg Jennings
9. Roddy White
10. Brandon Marshall

But I think that TO falls somewhere in the top 10.

# 176 kjcheezhead @ 05/27/09 02:35 PM
Quote:
Ok. Name the 10 receivers in the NFL that are better than Owens.

Well seeing how Owens was named tenth, I would go with the nine in front of him a Greg Jennings and possibly his new teammate Lee Evans.

# 177 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 05/27/09 02:43 PM
Quote:
Roddy White is a one year wonder, and does not belong on this list.
Roddy White has had two really good years in a row. He's not a one year wonder. As a falcon fan they overrated his catching because he does drop the ball on occasions. Everything else is good.

# 178 Broncos86 @ 05/27/09 03:05 PM
Terrell Owens is a fantastic wide receiver. Personally, though, I never felt that Owens would run all the routes. If I'm wrong, I'm willing to admit it, but that's always my feeling. That being said, I have trouble suggesting that Owens isn't as good as someone like Roddy White or Jennings. Yes, Owens is 35 years old, but until he shows me he's lost it, I'm not so sure.

# 179 PGaither84 @ 05/27/09 03:10 PM
Those who know me, know I am a big Tom Brady fan... and I honestly think they mixed Manning and Brady's ratings up. Manning should have higher THP and THAD. Tommy should have higher THAS and THAM. Tom should have 92 THP, or 90 after the injury. I thought that in 07 he should have capped out at the 94-96 range, not at 99. He is known for his ability to put the ball where he wants to, and he throws near perfect short and medium passes. He can throw a good deep ball, but Moss is just as much the reason there were so many deep completions.

I am surprised Westbrook is so overrated, Frank gore is slightly underrated [his trucking should be a lot higher and elusive a tad lower. carry just right until he shows he can hold on to the ball.] I am upset that Vernon Davis didn't make the top 10 [concidering Z. Miller did...] and wish there was a better break down defensively. At leat all Line, all LBs, and all secondary.

# 180 KensaiKatai @ 05/27/09 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkcanes
Only problem I have with these rating is Nnamdi is not known to be fast CB 94 speed is really fast even for him he was a safety at Cal and ran like one that is what makes him more amazing he is not as fast as Madden makes him but he is still able to shut down speedy Wr. In Madden must he have the speed to be as good as he is ?

yea cuz runnin a 4.36 at 6'2 215 (they list him at 210) isn't fast or anything....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.