Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Joystiq has posted another Madden NFL 10 article, this one titled Madden 10: Did EA press reset?

Quote:
"Frazier, Cummings and the rest of the staff are frustrated by the repetitive criticisms lobbed at Madden. Frazier vehemently defended the integrity of this team, if not the integrity of EA Sports' exclusive right to use NFL licenses. "We found out about it the same day everyone else did," Frazier said of the deal. "I get that concern." But Frazier was quick to point out that EA has invested more money in Madden this year than any previous year, suggesting that at no level in the company is there a push to ease back on development initiative in the wake of diminished competition. "EA isn't trying to get lazy with this franchise," Frazier insisted. EA isn't trying to get overly ambitious either."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 droopizzle34 @ 05/28/09 10:37 PM
isn't Madden 10 the first time Ian has been Lead Designer?

# 42 ewto16 @ 05/29/09 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
This is Ian Cumming's first time being lead designer for Madden NFL and Phil Frazier's first full year as senior producer for Madden NFL. Give these guys a chance. Last year Madden made a big leap from Madden 08 to Madden 09 and this year looks even more promising.
Both have worked on Madden in the past. I'm pretty sure Phil was the lead guy last year, but they have both been on the team before. I don't put a lot of stock in titles and look at the work as a whole team accomplishment. Maybe a lot of what they wanted to do and their ideas got shot down in the past....who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
for the ones saying how "great" the article is, why do you guys feel that all the other previews of the game "brown nosed" EA/Ian?
Like are you guys looking for that one article to back your ideas that madden 10 will truly be no different from the past ones or are you being really serious because really, each and every preview has said something wrong with the game in some way(s).

So a preview that has false information about the game, talks about none of the writer's impressions of the game, and focuses more on how madden has been in the past instead of how the game will be is a different approach to previewing a game?

So not doing something you were sent out to do is a different approach to what you were suppose to do?
All the other preview articles bacislly read the same and could be written by an EA PR person. They talk about how awesome Pro-tak is, what it brings to the game, and how it will forever change Madden.

This article took a different stance and indicated how they were disappointed with what they saw from Madden so far and how they haven't seen any innovation in Madden in the last 3-4 years. I liked the refreshing viewpoint.

# 43 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAdrianPI
Why are so many OSers angry at Joystiq? Did they lie about anything? Did they not state the facts? Why should EA be mad?
In their previous article they said that "The emotion of the NFL" was a new game mode which it isn't....

Quote:
They weren't mad when they lost me as a fan. They were not mad when there game gets hate mail from fans. How do I know that, easy, they keep releasing the same product each year.

My take is Madden built up a loyal following by eliminating there competition through illegal means(Look it up people) and now they are technically the only game in town.Not because they were better. Like fans of sports teams, it's either support the team or support nothing. Isn't democracy wonderful.

It's common for people to defend something they love, but if you OSers stop and think, Madden has not improved there game since NFL2k series went down and even slightly before that. Come on QB vision? Playmaker?
Even if you don't like Madden, to say that it hasn't improved AT ALL is just wrong especially if you are saying it didn't during the PS2/Xbox days...

Quote:
So Joystiq criticized what everyone knows and the Madden fans just can't accept it. EA takes advantage of people who are addicts of the game. They know it and bank on it. I am very disappointed in OSers who seem to hate people for pointing out the many faults of EA and Madden. If no one criticizes how can Madden improve? I highly doubt EA care anyhow, just look at the past 5 Madden games, but heck Madden keeps selling like hotcakes what do people like me and Joystiq possibly know. "What the economy isn't improving, lets give the banks more money, that will solve everything(people who are knowledgeable will get that joke as it apply s' to EA/Madden)"
Here's the thing that's funny... just about everyone that didn't like the preview hasn't like the way madden has been this gen (me included) and has talked about the things we didn't like about it here on OS so I don't get why so many people are saying that the "madden lovers" are the ones that didn't like the article.

The reason why people don't like it is mainly because it was obvious that the guy had no interest in sports games. He basically said it in the article. And he also talked about previous madden games instead of talking about his personal experience with Madden 10. Like that isn't really a preview or a hands-on in any way. All the previews stated something that was wrong with the game in it's build, so again, there has been no preview that was 100% positive.

It seems like the joystiq articles are becoming nothing but a back up for the people who had nothing but doubts about Madden 10 which I find kind of funny since it would seem like the same ones would have gotten the negative stuff from other articles (and maybe make them seem bigger than what they really are).

# 44 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
maybe these guys at joystick worked for the 2k series, and this is how their getting back at EA.

sounds like the first article was written on false pretenses and the second article was a feeble attempt to supply some ammunition to its previous findings.

we are all true die hard football gamers here........i'm not so sure Joystick is on that mental level when it comes to football gaming.

to put it in perspective, its like a veterinarian critiquing the latest advances in cardiothoracic surgey in humans.

they both know medicine , but one of them knows what is truly best
Now I doubt these guys are 2k fanboys lol...

If they don't want to talk about madden and hate the usual yearly talk about it and it's basically the only sports game they talk about, then I wouldn't see why they would have any more interest in games made by 2k.

It's obvious that they are not that interested in sports games...

# 45 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I don't have any problems with the Joystiq articles. Madden and NCAA have been on auto-pilot for years. It's about time a major media outlet called them out on it. God knows the Pasta Padre's and the IGN's of the world are never going to do it, not when it could mean they wouldn't get invited to the next all expense paid EA community event.
But what people have to realize is that a lot of the criticism that is in the article is from the wirter not being interested in the game.

Like for example, I have absolutely no interest in soap operas (lol kind of a stretch but work with me here). If I was given the duty of writing an article about soap operas, it would be negative from the gate and contain no good info about the characters and stuff that's going on in them since I'm not interested in them. I would probably find some generic/basic episode guides online to use for it and try to stretch that out the best way I can and call it a day.

The same can be said for this. The guy has no interest for madden and never really has, so he's obviously going to say why he has no interest for the game while tieing in basic descriptions about the features of the game.

Back to the soap opera example, if I worte an article on them and said something wrong in it, soap opera fans would just disregard my article becuase of it.

The previous joystiq article got things wrong about madden 10, so it's surprising to see so many take this article (and the previous one) 100% serious.

# 46 Sauk @ 05/29/09 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I don't have any problems with the Joystiq articles. Madden and NCAA have been on auto-pilot for years. It's about time a major media outlet called them out on it. God knows the Pasta Padre's and the IGN's of the world are never going to do it, not when it could mean they wouldn't get invited to the next all expense paid EA community event.
Bingo!

# 47 countryboy @ 05/29/09 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
isn't Madden 10 the first time Ian has been Lead Designer?
yes

# 48 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982
i dont blame Joystiq article at all. i mean madden NEXT GEN was a disgrace to video games and NFL football. i mean regardless of the new dev team for madden, THE PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT, and people like joystiq and myself is not going to forget what next gen madden has put us through.
Yeah that's true.

What I'm saying though is that that type of stuff isn't really suited for a preview of madden 10. That stuff is more suited for a "overview of madden this gen" type of article IMO.

# 49 SAMKAVELI NFL FOOTBALL @ 05/29/09 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAdrianPI
Why are so many OSers angry at Joystiq? Did they lie about anything? Did they not state the facts? Why should EA be mad? They weren't mad when they lost me as a fan. They were not mad when there game gets hate mail from fans. How do I know that, easy, they keep releasing the same product each year.

My take is Madden built up a loyal following by eliminating there competition through illegal means(Look it up people) and now they are technically the only game in town.Not because they were better. Like fans of sports teams, it's either support the team or support nothing. Isn't democracy wonderful.

It's common for people to defend something they love, but if you OSers stop and think, Madden has not improved there game since NFL2k series went down and even slightly before that. Come on QB vision? Playmaker?

So Joystiq criticized what everyone knows and the Madden fans just can't accept it. EA takes advantage of people who are addicts of the game. They know it and bank on it. I am very disappointed in OSers who seem to hate people for pointing out the many faults of EA and Madden. If no one criticizes how can Madden improve? I highly doubt EA care anyhow, just look at the past 5 Madden games, but heck Madden keeps selling like hotcakes what do people like me and Joystiq possibly know. "What the economy isn't improving, lets give the banks more money, that will solve everything(people who are knowledgeable will get that joke as it apply s' to EA/Madden)"

well said, EA should just not renew the contract with the NFL. they need competition the Madden games this gen have been crap. in from the looks of 10, the game will not be that much better then 09.

what they need to do is start working on a new engine for the PS4/Xbox 720 or get some guys who used to work on the 2k games to come in and help them fix there animations system.

one of the devs said that APF 2k8 had "cartoony" animations well they really need to "cartoony" up there animations because the outdated robotic system they have now will not cut it. its sad when they still struggle to out do a game that's 99 cents and a game that came out two years ago just sad. I think I'll save my 60 in just gamefly Madden 10 until they can improve this product.

I know I'm going to be called a ***** but I really don't give a s**t

# 50 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMKAVELI NFL FOOTBALL

well said, EA should just not renew the contract with the NFL. they need competition the Madden games this gen have been crap. in from the looks of 10, the game will not be that much better then 09.

what they need to do is start working on a new engine for the PS4/Xbox 720 or get some guys who used to work on the 2k games to come in and help them fix there animations system.

one of the devs said that APF 2k8 had "cartoony" animations well they really need to "cartoony" up there animations because the outdated robotic system they have now will not cut it. its sad when they still struggle to out do a game that's 99 cents and a game that came out two years ago just sad. I think I'll save my 60 in just gamefly Madden 10 until they can improve this product.

So you are going to make a final judgement based on a edited two minute clip of a game that is still being worked on?

# 51 Brandon_c993 @ 05/29/09 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
This guy's major beef is that the EA dev crew isn't working on a team-play feature called Madden Online?

WTF?

This guy is ********. 99.9% of Madden fans are PRIMARILY interested in the presentation and gameplay upgrades - the very upgrades that he so non-chalantly trivialized as "non-intuitive" branches for development.

I would say more like 80-85%

# 52 SAMKAVELI NFL FOOTBALL @ 05/29/09 02:38 PM
Quote:
So you are going to make a final judgement based on a edited two minute clip of a game that is still being worked on?
yap, what u see in that clip will not change that much. My problem is the animations still look choppy in stiff the game just failed to impress me. but I'm not bugging, cause I'm going to just gamefly the game theirs no more reason for me to waist my $60 any longer on these games.

# 53 Brandon_c993 @ 05/29/09 02:39 PM
Quote:

lol did you seriously say that APF was better than Madden? I bought both and didn't really enjoy Madden 08-09, but I really didn't like APF at all, I repeatedly tried to play it and hope that I would begin to like it because I loved 2K5 it was IMO the best football game ever made. Don't be a fanboy, yes 2k5 was incredible but APF was less than mediocre...

# 54 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 02:41 PM
Quote:
yap, what u see in that clip will not change that much.
How do you know this when again, things were cut from it, the game is still being worked on and improved, and also since all the new features about the game still haven't been said?

# 55 tjizzle @ 05/29/09 02:50 PM
Quote:
How do you know this when again, things were cut from it, the game is still being worked on and improved, and also since all the new features about the game still haven't been said?
lol I find it funny when people try to speak for the developers. Ian has already said that two minute clip is highly indicative of the final product in another thread, so i really don't understand you trying to shoot down another mans opinion. Especially when a developer has confirmed his thoughts. Anyway I think the video looked good, it did still look a lot like 09, but i seen many things that have been improved, enough for me to purchase it when it is released.

# 56 SAMKAVELI NFL FOOTBALL @ 05/29/09 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
lol did you seriously say that APF was better than Madden? I bought both and didn't really enjoy Madden 08-09, but I really didn't like APF at all, I repeatedly tried to play it and hope that I would begin to like it because I loved 2K5 it was IMO the best football game ever made. Don't be a fanboy, yes 2k5 was incredible but APF was less than mediocre...
no I did not say it was better (which it is if your not a madden d!(krider such as yourself) I was talking about the animations learn to read let simplify it since you seem to be slow.

APF animations kill maddens in ever why possible.

# 57 countryboy @ 05/29/09 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
lol I find it funny when people try to speak for the developers. Ian has already said that two minute clip is highly indicative of the final product in another thread, so i really don't understand you trying to shoot down another mans opinion.
Ian also stated that Pro-Tak wasn't available in that build and that the game already looks outdated to him due to the adjustments that have taken place since that video has been captured.

# 58 countryboy @ 05/29/09 02:54 PM
Quote:
no I did not say it was better (which it is if your not a madden d!(krider such as yourself) I was talking about the animations learn to read let simplify it since you seem to be slow.

Oh irony...why must you be so cruel.

# 59 Bgamer90 @ 05/29/09 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
lol I find it funny when people try to speak for the developers. Ian has already said that two minute clip is highly indicative of the final product in another thread, so i really don't understand you trying to shoot down another mans opinion. Especially when a developer has confirmed his thoughts. Anyway I think the video looked good, it did still look a lot like 09, but i seen many things that have been improved, enough for me to purchase it when it is released.
Ian has also said that the game has been improved since the vid was made...

All I'm saying is that there's things that they are still improving on and things that haven't been said or shown about the game so why make statements like "this game is only slightly better than 09" when we don't know everything about the game yet?

I mean if you are disappointed in the vid then that's fine, but that's all I'm saying...

# 60 Brandon_c993 @ 05/29/09 03:02 PM
Quote:
Well you just did say it, and as I said 2K5 was the best football game ever, but APF was not a good game, the gameplay was too "arcady" people say it was realistic and you had to read the coverages that is BS I could call the same 4-5 plays all game and it would work everytime(I did this to see how realistic it really was) I could also call a Hail Mary about 10 times in a row and connect for a long TD. I personally was never a big fan of the tap A or X to speed up, that just isn't fun to me. The only mode besides play now was the season, and that was crap. The online was good I liked its online system better than Madden, but still did not like the game...I traded it in for $.77 and that is about what it was worth to me...

P.S. insulting me doesn't make me feel stupid or anything like that, honestly it just shows the type of person you are...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.