Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog covering the strategy of Season Showdown. There is also a new video clip, right here.

Quote:
"It used to be that you could sit back, call the same play over and over again, and just "out athlete" your opponent. It used to be that you could hop around the playbook jumping from I Form, to Ace, to Shotgun without a care in the world for creating an offensive identity. And it used to be that you could know exactly what your opponent was going to know, know exactly how you would stop it, but didn't have a way to tell your players that that without a doubt the next play is going to be a run to the right, go shut it down.

Thankfully those days are behind us. With NCAA Football 10 strategy takes on a huge role with three new gameplay features that put the emphasis on out thinking your opponent instead of just out maneuvering him on the sticks. By gameplanning, setting up plays, and keying in on what you think the offense will be running you can affect the outcome of the game just based on your coaching decisions."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 rudyjuly2 @ 05/29/09 01:10 PM
I like them showing the linked plays and the percentages involved. At least we'll know exactly how the game is calculating this stuff instead of guessing at how it will work.

# 122 OMT @ 05/29/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
It depends how you look at it. I've been doing setting up plays and keying things for a while too but now they're making my job easier and maybe it will be more effective. but I do agree with you, EA is trying to get non football gamers interested in their games by making it fun and easy for them to play (which is what they should be doing in order to increase profit).
Yeah, we've all been setting up plays... however, now it finally has an actual effect on the defense (against CPU at least).

# 123 Lava @ 05/29/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well, it isn't. It will be there whether or not you pick a Season Showdown team.

But I still don't understand why people want to avoid Season Showdown. Is it a matter of hardcore sports gamer principle or something? You won't notice a difference whether you sign up or not.
Some people don't want the in-game pop-up notifications. Not sure about other reasons.

# 124 TDKing @ 05/29/09 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
That's ok. If you guys want something true Sim, pickup Sims 3 next week!

# 125 marcoyk @ 05/29/09 03:04 PM
the linked plays is something I'm excited about. also the deep ball looks completable without having to control the receiver, slow down in front of the cb, and then sprint and bang on Y when the ball is about to arrive.

# 126 egkb2753 @ 05/29/09 03:07 PM
I have to admit, I liked the video. While I would like to hear more about the actual game play, this video makes me believe that the game is going to have a lot more strategy involved and it will take some actual game planning to execute an offensive/defensive game plan. I do feel that the developers really need to atleast talk about the game play very soon because when it comes down to it, how the game plays means everything.

# 127 yanks26ngoin @ 05/29/09 03:09 PM
Strategy looks good. But I wish that you could turn off SS and still have the strategy/gameplan.

BTW, its good that they got Stevie Brown right! On the 2 plays of the Michigan/Michigan State game that they showed, Brown blew his coverage on both plays, and missed tackles on both plays. Hes the same in the game as he is in real life.

# 128 Solidice @ 05/29/09 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Strategy looks good. But I wish that you could turn off SS and still have the strategy/gameplan.
the gameplanning is not tied to SS. you can use it no matter what, even if you don't sign up for SS. same goes for Defensive Keys and Set-up Plays.

# 129 eason24 @ 05/29/09 03:42 PM
i like all of the new strategies except for the Defensive line jump the snap.
i can see this being abused.

# 130 da ThRONe @ 05/29/09 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eason24

If they dont implement it right everything can be abused. I just hope when you play on the higher levels it doesnt show you a % for the "set the play up" feature thats so dumb to me. There basically telling you the prefect time to run a play. It reminds me of that John Elway game when you ran the reverse play and your guy would run circles around the defense thats arcade type stuff.

# 131 eason24 @ 05/29/09 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If they dont implement it right everything can be abused. I just hope when you play on the higher levels it doesnt show you a % for the "set the play up" feature thats so dumb to me. There basically telling you the prefect time to run a play. It reminds me of that John Elway game when you ran the reverse play and your guy would run circles around the defense thats arcade type stuff.
I agree.
I wonder if
i am playing another person and they have a linked PA pass
up to 90% (or 100%). it is 3rd and 2 and i know that they are
going to run that play. So i choose on my defense key to
play pass. Will my team be beat by the PA pass anyway or
will my defense stay home???

# 132 boisejames @ 05/29/09 04:17 PM
Quote:

If people abuse it then use a hard count and they wont abuse it anymore.

# 133 tswiatkowski @ 05/29/09 04:21 PM
Yeah, if the other players are jumping snaps, hard counts should work. Also, I cant help but be proud of the Michigan State love in the video. I love seeing my Spartans get repped.

# 134 UGA-Showstoppah @ 05/29/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It reminds me of that John Elway game when you ran the reverse play and your guy would run circles around the defense thats arcade type stuff.
I prefer the shotgun Roger Craig play on Tecmo; but the super human speed play from Elway is a CLASSIC!!

Although I would prefer the % not to be shown, it's not a make or break for me; but you make a great point.

# 135 kdeal4 @ 05/29/09 04:30 PM
In the blog, it said to counter the Setup Play, you could do the Play Pass strategy. So, it sounds like you won't get beat because playing the pass makes your corners/safeties not bite on playaction.

# 136 kdeal4 @ 05/29/09 04:31 PM
the blog, it said to counter the Setup Play, you could do the Play Pass strategy. So, it sounds like you won't get beat because playing the pass makes your corners/safeties not bite on playaction.

# 137 da ThRONe @ 05/29/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeal4
the blog, it said to counter the Setup Play, you could do the Play Pass strategy. So, it sounds like you won't get beat because playing the pass makes your corners/safeties not bite on playaction.
So doesnt that make it pointless?

# 138 Dame @ 05/29/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
I agree.
I wonder if
i am playing another person and they have a linked PA pass
up to 90% (or 100%). it is 3rd and 2 and i know that they are
going to run that play. So i choose on my defense key to
play pass. Will my team be beat by the PA pass anyway or
will my defense stay home???
When they first talked about this feature they said this wouldnt be the case

# 139 Cvhsalumni @ 05/29/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
When they first talked about this feature they said this wouldnt be the case
I am pretty sure that they said just because the set up play is high (close to 100%) does not mean that the play is guaranteed to be successful.

# 140 da ThRONe @ 05/29/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvhsalumni
I am pretty sure that they said just because the set up play is high (close to 100%) does not mean that the play is guaranteed to be successful.
Ok so back to my original question. Doesnt that make the % thing pointless? If 100% doesnt guarentee anything then whats the point?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.