Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Just announced on Spike TV. Another online feature will be revealed at E3. For those of you that missed it, check out the video right here.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 7unholyconfessions7 @ 05/29/09 03:49 AM
I believe Ian say's "Maybe they'll go try out online franchise after that(online co-op)".

I believe that is as close to a confirmation as you can get!

# 82 Glorious Arc @ 05/29/09 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7unholyconfessions7
I believe Ian say's "Maybe they'll go try out online franchise after that(online co-op)".

I believe that is as close to a confirmation as you can get!
lol beat you to it. I havent watched the entire video yet I keep rewinding it back to hear it

# 83 KingCashus @ 05/29/09 03:51 AM
Yeah Ian definitely slipped up and dropped Online Franchise out there.

# 84 7unholyconfessions7 @ 05/29/09 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
lol beat you to it. I havent watched the entire video yet I keep rewinding it back to hear it
haha yeah you got me. I also had to keep rewinding it to make sure.

# 85 BayAreaRYder226 @ 05/29/09 03:57 AM
so its like EA Hockey League? dope lol.

me and my buddies played the hell out of that mode, till it got sort of abused. sounds fun.

# 86 Glorious Arc @ 05/29/09 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7unholyconfessions7
haha yeah you got me. I also had to keep rewinding it to make sure.
I posted a thread hopefully it doesnt get closed. The mods are on a mean streak tonight.

# 87 7unholyconfessions7 @ 05/29/09 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I posted a thread hopefully it doesnt get closed. The mods are on a mean streak tonight.
lmao I know. I thought this thread was closed before realizing it was moved. I believe your thread should stay though, seeing as how its big news.

# 88 maddenps2 @ 05/29/09 04:23 AM
This an awesome announcment, what makes it better is that since it's online, each person will have a nice camera angleof there player.

I wish it had cross platform co-op multiplayer.

# 89 scott209 @ 05/29/09 05:03 AM
Me and my friend have been waiting for this a long time no more taking turns now i don't gotta ruin my vibe (or whatever you wanna call it LOL) by the way i was 278-103 with avg. opponets level of 15 and i never glitch. Maybe me and my friend can get close to that

# 90 scott209 @ 05/29/09 05:19 AM
ha!!!!! I heard online franchise i will never use that but still it's nice that they finally got that

# 91 djKianoosh @ 05/29/09 07:44 AM
Fifa 2008 had 5 on 5 team play. Do EA dev teams help each other at all? that was 2-3 years ago when they came up with that.

This online co-op team play feature has the potential to be a huge part of online madden, but limiting it to 2 on 2 is going to ****** that growth. Contrary to what some of you think, Football is certainly a good game to do co-op gaming. There are 6 skill positions on offense and all 11 players on defense to choose from. This feature could easily have started with 5 on 5, or 4 on 4 at least.

But at least it's finally here, and trust me guys, you will like it a lot.

I don't understand some of ya'lls logic that this is for the casual gamer. I dont see how you can conclude that.. This feature will be good for the hardcore madden fan as well as the casual gamer. It will be good for both those who are looking for fun, and those who are competitive. It's all what you put into it. sure, just like on fifa, you might get a few guys on there who are idiots and just run around like chickens with their heads cut off, but if you run game with and/or against friends, you will easily have a very competitive game.

and yes, the biggest news is that this announcement leaves the door open for online franchise... but I fear that all it's going to be is just the next iteration of online leagues and not full blown online franchise. franchise mode itself needs to be revamped in order for it to make sense as a multiplayer game. right now it doesn't lend itself that much to be a multiplayer game. you can do it, but it still plays more like a 1 person game mode.

# 92 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/29/09 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
Fifa 2008 had 5 on 5 team play. Do EA dev teams help each other at all? that was 2-3 years ago when they came up with that.

This online co-op team play feature has the potential to be a huge part of online madden, but limiting it to 2 on 2 is going to ****** that growth.
Flawed comparison. The total number of players on the field in American Football has 22, more than soccer. That's GOTTA be a tougher nut to crack.

# 93 FlyingFinn @ 05/29/09 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Flawed comparison. The total number of players on the field in American Football has 22, more than soccer. That's GOTTA be a tougher nut to crack.
12... what soccer are you watching. It is 11 on 11 as well.

# 94 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/29/09 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
what soccer are you watching.
LOL, none, obviously. Okay, stupid point. Carry on, all.

# 95 djKianoosh @ 05/29/09 08:06 AM
Quote:
22, huh?

let's see...
soccer. 11 players to a side. 11 + 11. equals? 22!

22 = 22.

hmmm. LOL

Fifa has its own challenges which may be tougher, which is that all 22 players need to be in motion for the entire time. and coordinated as a team. as far as technically getting it to work online, shoot, Call of Duty has 18 players online. The new Fifa has 10 on 10, doesn't it?

so it can be done. EA's dev teams just need to work with each other a bit more.

# 96 djKianoosh @ 05/29/09 08:07 AM
Quote:
LOL, none, obviously. Okay, stupid point. Carry on, all.
hahah ok ok. figures

# 97 Scott @ 05/29/09 08:08 AM
Who would want to play an entire game as a left guard though?

# 98 djKianoosh @ 05/29/09 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Who would want to play an entire game as a left guard though?
no need. with 5 on 5, you have the QB plus 4 of the other 5 skill positions to choose from. It's more fun on defense of course, and special teams. imagine 4 of your friends and you coming down the field on a kickoff coverage team!

# 99 djordan @ 05/29/09 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgames
At EALA When we were first told about Co-Op i thought it was great for online. Then I was told that you and a friend can only play against the computer not against 2 other people, or even 1 other person.
YOU HAVE TO BE ******** KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE IAN SAY THIS ISN'T TRUE!!

PLEASE..DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF ONLINE CO-OP..... SHOULD'VE JUST KEPT IT OFFLINE...

OMG NOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: I shrunk the annoyingly large font you used. Please don't do that.

# 100 swanlee @ 05/29/09 08:35 AM
Well it is always good to see more options added to Madden but really was this MORE important than Multiple\Custom camera angles? I would like to see these types of features added after they have completely fixed basic gameplay\presentation elements like multiple camera angles which were working fine last gen

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.