Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Just announced on Spike TV. Another online feature will be revealed at E3. For those of you that missed it, check out the video right here.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 djordan @ 05/29/09 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee
Well it is always good to see more options added to Madden but really was this MORE important than Multiple\Custom camera angles? I would like to see these types of features added after they have completely fixed basic gameplay\presentation elements like multiple camera angles which were working fine last gen
Online has something to do with the gameplay team now? didn't know that.

# 102 STLRams @ 05/29/09 08:43 AM
Great feature, I think this will please alot of fans that have been waiting on this feature, Madden is getting greater by the week.But with so many negative comments about the IGN video and this feature, I saw why Ian has said on his twitter page that he will staying away from the online forums till the game is finished. Looks like people ran him off, we got spoiled I guess, some people didn't appreciate what he and his crew the strives they are trying to make with this game, sad.

# 103 wolfpack @ 05/29/09 09:38 AM
Is it confirmed to just be one other friend that you can play with? Even if it's only against the CPU, it would be nice to invite at least three other people to play with you.

# 104 Likwidkewl @ 05/29/09 09:47 AM
I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but from the footage, the Punt coverage looked horrible. No one was even near the two coop players to even attempt a block. I was hoping special teams would get some attention this year.

# 105 djordan @ 05/29/09 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod

EDIT: I shrunk the annoyingly large font you used. Please don't do that.

Sorry for the large font.. I was pissed...lol

# 106 djKianoosh @ 05/29/09 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
YOU HAVE TO BE ******** KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE IAN SAY THIS ISN'T TRUE!!

PLEASE..DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF ONLINE CO-OP..... SHOULD'VE JUST KEPT IT OFFLINE...

OMG NOOOOOOOOO!

i'm with you man.. if it's just "2 online vs cpu" that would be even more weak. wow. what a disappointment. i hope that's not true. the whole fun thing about fifa's original 5 on 5 (you didn't need all 5 vs 5, it could be 3 vs 2 or whatever) was that it was completely interactive. real users controlling a bunch of different players makes things soooo much more dynamic and interesting.

# 107 spankdatazz22 @ 05/29/09 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Thx for the link; good to see it in hi-def.

+ Still love the cover art
- I'm sure the directional control has been tweaked but it looks pretty much as precise as it ever has. Defenders are able to turn twist their bodies and do that "full speed jog" in whatever direction they see fit. Offensive players perhaps slightly less so, but still - overall movement just isn't natural enough
+ Good job distinguishing the stadiums and various playing surfaces
+/- Not sure if it's been confirmed, but if online co-op is only human players versus the cpu then that's not very useful in this day and age. A huge announcement would be cross platform play or something that hasn't been done to date

# 108 Broncos86 @ 05/29/09 10:44 AM
Quote:
YOU HAVE TO BE ******** KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE IAN SAY THIS ISN'T TRUE!!

PLEASE..DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF ONLINE CO-OP..... SHOULD'VE JUST KEPT IT OFFLINE...

OMG NOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, man, chill out.

# 109 djordan @ 05/29/09 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Seriously, man, chill out.
Why?

Why only limit it to us playing the CPU? That will get boring. I want to play against another squad of 2.

Stupid IMO

# 110 Kevin26385 @ 05/29/09 11:31 AM
Quote:
Why?

Why only limit it to us playing the CPU? That will get boring. I want to play against another squad of 2.

Stupid IMO
I dont understand why people ever thought it was 2 vs 2..I just watched the video again and they never Hint at that what so ever.

# 111 Niq54 @ 05/29/09 11:33 AM
I'm feeling an ONLINE FRANCHISE announcement @ E3!!!

# 112 djordan @ 05/29/09 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
I dont understand why people ever thought it was 2 vs 2..I just watched the video again and they never Hint at that what so ever.
Well if its online co-op one would also think you could play against user controlled people. Thats like saying Madden 2010 only has User vs CPU games....

# 113 TreyIM2 @ 05/29/09 11:55 AM
Here is the official Madden 10 Co-op trailer, peep - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-madden-nfl/49816?type=flv

# 114 TDKing @ 05/29/09 12:02 PM
Co Op for a football game just doesn't work for me... soccer and hockey, yes. NOT football... IMO

# 115 Kevin26385 @ 05/29/09 12:04 PM
Quote:
Well if its online co-op one would also think you could play against user controlled people. Thats like saying Madden 2010 only has User vs CPU games....
You would think that, but you have to watch the video. They explain everything clearly and they do not lead on to anything besides playing with a buddy against the computer.

# 116 Soonerd2 @ 05/29/09 01:20 PM
I love playing co-op in football games, anyone think if there is online franchise you could play co-op in that mode? Thanks

# 117 spankdatazz22 @ 05/29/09 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
You would think that, but you have to watch the video. They explain everything clearly and they do not lead on to anything besides playing with a buddy against the computer.
So it's confirmed that co-op is only versus the cpu? I'm not much of a co-op player myself, so it doesn't matter either way. I don't think DJ is saying they mislead anyone; think he's saying two vs. the cpu doesn't make that much sense. Imo definitely not worthy of some special announcement when other sports games have been doing co-op between human opponents for at least the past two years I think

# 118 djordan @ 05/29/09 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
So it's confirmed that co-op is only versus the cpu? I'm not much of a co-op player myself, so it doesn't matter either way. I don't think DJ is saying they mislead anyone; think he's saying two vs. the cpu doesn't make that much sense. Imo definitely not worthy of some special announcement when other sports games have been doing co-op between human opponents for at least the past two years I think
Exactly bro...

The fun factor would increase 10 fold if we could go 2 vs 2 against each other.

# 119 marcoyk @ 05/29/09 03:00 PM
doesn't mean much to me. i don't know how they're going to decide who's qb and who's rb or wide out etc. and when they're those positions

# 120 mars85042 @ 05/29/09 03:01 PM
I'm fine with the news, as long as we get online leagues or franchise.

Please

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.