Home
Madden 2010 News Post

This was just confirmed in the E3 press conference.

Check out the official website for more details.

Quote:
"Madden NFL fans...you asked for it, and now you got it - Online Franchise comes to Madden NFL 10. Compete in leagues of 32 teams, featuring real NFL scheduling, to find out who owns the virtual gridiron.

Announced on stage at the EA E3 2009 press conference, Madden NFL 10 Online Franchise features a robust feature set, including live drafts, player transactions, league message boards, and more - all manageable from your console, remotely through a web browser, or via a custom iPod Touch Application. Your Madden NFL 10 Online Franchise is always just a click away.

Don't worry about being tied to your console for your upcoming Online Franchise live draft. You and your friends can all participate simultaneously from your game console or online, via an Internet connection and web browser. Set your depth chart while waiting in line at the grocery store, and it will automatically be updated for your next game. Have access to your Madden NFL 10 Online Franchise 24/7, 365.

Online Franchise is exclusive to the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 versions of Madden NFL 10, which will be available in stores on August 14th."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ahr19 @ 06/01/09 06:54 PM
There are still many questions to be answered. It is all in the details. Can we play more than one season? How is the college draft players ported over? Are their stats real? What about camera angles in game play? How are disconnects handled? What kind of power does the commish have to determine results, replace a deadbeat owner?? Many, many more questions.

# 82 dougdeuce @ 06/01/09 06:54 PM
is the online franchise video up anywhere? All I'm seeing are screenshots... please someone help me with a link to the video

# 83 dal_hawk @ 06/01/09 06:54 PM
holy tap dancing baby jesus ... this does seem like an "EA" thing to do. Incredible. This game may not come to be perfect or just everything we want, but it is making some surprising strides.

# 84 cman @ 06/01/09 06:59 PM
Yea, where is this video everyone is talking about?

# 85 g2thecore @ 06/01/09 07:03 PM
Ok now I'm ready to hear about offline franchise and presentation etc.....

# 86 Chiefsfan881129 @ 06/01/09 07:04 PM
sadly no video posted online yet but there was a video shown on g4tv When the press conference was going on this is what we are talking about!

# 87 Da Bears @ 06/01/09 07:05 PM
Is their a link to a video.I was at work.

# 88 CapnKill @ 06/01/09 07:06 PM
Ok, its in, awesome! The Web interface, double awesome!! Now its time for details, yes? Of course!!

So, this is what I would like to know:

1. Are rosters Isolated (meaning, I don't want EA Roster updates to mess with my On-line Franchise Roster, cause believe it or not, some games do that, which blows my mind)

2. What trade limitations do we have, if any?

3. What can we do on the website? I saw Depth Chart changes, which is great, what about position changes and trades, Free Agency?

4. Will Co-Op be available inside on-line franchise?

5. What options can we control, every off-line option, sliders, etc...?

6. What CAN'T be done on the web interface... owner replacement?

7. The Draft!! Drafting via Website, FANTASTIC!! Can we control how many rounds? Can we choose to sim part of the draft at some point? Can we que up players? Can the comish customize time between picks?

Ok, I'm sure I have more questions I just can't think of them at the moment. Please add your own.

Thanks EA!

# 89 Colladie @ 06/01/09 07:07 PM
Number 7 is important to me. I do not want to go through an entire 50+ round fantasy draft.

# 90 HealyMonster @ 06/01/09 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bears
Is their a link to a video.I was at work.
not yet I am sure by later this evening the e3 video will be posted somewhere. It took like 30 seconds for screens to show up on the madden website.

# 91 parrothead @ 06/01/09 07:10 PM
What are the odds I can find 31 people who will play fair and realistic?

# 92 Da Bears @ 06/01/09 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
not yet I am sure by later this evening the e3 video will be posted somewhere. It took like 30 seconds for screens to show up on the madden website.

Thanks.

# 93 will12203 @ 06/01/09 07:10 PM
If someone quits or needs to be booted can the the commish just replace em with another human player or cpu player to ensure the franchise runs smoothly?

# 94 Glorious Arc @ 06/01/09 07:11 PM
1. Will the online franchise be 30 seasons long?

2. Can you start the franchise with a fantasy draft to mix up the leagues?

EDIT
I got to watch the video over again and at 0:22 seconds in the upper middle of the screen it says fantasy draft and then jumps to players.

http://madden.easportsfans.com/?p=125

# 95 will12203 @ 06/01/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
you don't have to play with 31 others you can play with your "sim" friends its up to 32

# 96 g2thecore @ 06/01/09 07:11 PM
As an offline franchise guy, I must say I'm very impressed with this already. This actually has me very curious to try out ONLINE franchise this year for the first time.

# 97 Netherscourge @ 06/01/09 07:12 PM
I bet it's setup like fantasy football - you can pre-set your player priority fo rthe CPU to auto-draft for you.

# 98 DirtyBird @ 06/01/09 07:13 PM
Do you play against other people with your franchise? Can you create characters?

# 99 IanCummingsFriend @ 06/01/09 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead

www.rfcunited.com we are older,most of us, and legit. Check us out we run 32 team leagues smooth. It's basically a small close community for madden as well as other games. I wouldn't be playing madden online if it was not for the U. We have a training camp so check us out!

# 100 Mcees4life @ 06/01/09 07:15 PM
it'll be nice to find out if the Extra Point highlight show will be in online franchise. Online franchise is gonna be huge, even if it's just me or with 10 of my friends, or with 32 folks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.