Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Gamespot has posted their preview of Madden NFL 10 with some online franchise details and more.

Quote:
"In addition to supporting real NFL schedules, online franchise will offer many of the same features you've come to expect from the Offline Franchise mode, including full stat tracking, the ability to set/save depth charts for your team, and trade support. It will also include both a fantasy draft and live draft option, the latter of which sounds like it will be a highlight for dedicated Madden franchise fans. While the best online franchise leagues will be those with a full slate of human players, you'll be able to fill in gaps with CPU control if you like.

For Madden fans who live and breathe their favorite game, you'll be able to follow your franchise, even when you're away from your game console. The Madden NFL 10 Web site will allow you to manage your online franchise team, and it seems that everything--from setting your depth charts to proposing trades--will be available to you via the Web site. There's even an iPhone application in the works that will let you handle your franchise business when you aren't near your PC. No price or release date for the app has been announced yet, but we'll be following up on that soon."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thudias @ 06/01/09 07:51 PM
thanx

# 2 Glorious Arc @ 06/01/09 07:52 PM
Quote:
While online franchise sounds like it's off to a promising start, it likely won't be as in-depth as the Offline Franchise mode...at least at the start. For one thing, trade logic isn't as flexible as it is in real life; you won't be able to trade draft picks for a player, for example.
That is confusing. Another site says you can...?

# 3 cowboyscowboys @ 06/01/09 07:56 PM
good read

# 4 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 06/01/09 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I am starting to get worried now
Well hopefully you online franchise guys get something good..but this is actually great news for me..I've been hearing alot good about online franchise..so to say off line franchise will be even better?..Im loving it.

# 5 fazzk @ 06/01/09 08:01 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988822p1.html

This says you can trade draft picks ... hm

# 6 Sanchez_Mareno @ 06/01/09 08:06 PM
Quote:
When you add a postgame show called the "Extra Point," hosted by Fran Charles and Alex Flanagan from the NFL Network
Is this news or did i miss the thread with that announced

# 7 kwpit79 @ 06/01/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzk
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988822p1.html

This says you can trade draft picks ... hm
Well that contradicts things. Hopefully IGN's got it right.

# 8 Instant C1a55ic @ 06/01/09 08:08 PM
Quote:
I knew it, there is always a catch.

I said it before in a diff thread, there will be something that will kill this mode for lots of people. I for one prolly wont spend much time, if any at all in this mode, but not being able to trade draft picks? Thats uncalled for. Thats how you build a team not for just now, but for the future. Thats too bad for those that have waited for so long, only to get shot like old yeller...

# 9 Jamin23 @ 06/01/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Is this news or did i miss the thread with that announced
You missed the thread where there was all this commotion about all this info getting leaked.

# 10 T9R @ 06/01/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
I knew it, there is always a catch.

I said it before in a diff thread, there will be something that will kill this mode for lots of people. I for one prolly wont spend much time, if any at all in this mode, but not being able to trade draft picks? Thats uncalled for. Thats how you build a team not for just now, but for the future. Thats too bad for those that have waited for so long, only to get shot like old yeller...
Nothing stops you from having a deal "in principle" with somebody and executing the trade after the draft (where you tell the guy who you want with 'your' pick).

band aid? absolutely. but not gamebreaking

# 11 I Peench @ 06/01/09 08:11 PM
allgames also said that everything you can do in offline franchise you can do in online franchise, confirmed in his interview with ian.

RELAX. oh, and never ever listen to gamespot about anything.

# 12 adembroski @ 06/01/09 08:15 PM
There are things missing, but the commissioner can move players around at will... he can easily facilitate a player for pick trade. The record keeping will be a pain in the ***, but it's possible.

# 13 Progenitor @ 06/01/09 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
When you add a postgame show called the "Extra Point," hosted by Fran Charles and Alex Flanagan from the NFL Network
I'm not mad

# 14 droopizzle34 @ 06/01/09 08:22 PM
I just hope it's over multiple seasons...these trolls around here are not gonna steal my joy!!!!

# 15 DirtyBird @ 06/01/09 08:24 PM
Im am excited for this but im not really sure if its gonna be that good its first year coming...but we will see...

# 16 ghostlight85 @ 06/01/09 08:50 PM
I hope it's multiyear, and from the sound of the article, they can add the ability to trade draft picks after the fact. Even if they can't, as adem describes it the commish could take care of that problem regardless.

Multiyear is the only thing that sticks out to me as needing to be confirmed 100%. Hopefully it has been and i'm just behind on reading the dupe threads and overstuffed threads with hundreds of "OMG i just wet my pants" replies and "pfft, that is teh lame. 2k woulda done this in 06, and they woulda had puppets" garbage as well.

I wish this forum would fall off the map for a while so that only the users with an attention span longer than 12 seconds would stay on.

# 17 will12203 @ 06/01/09 08:51 PM
good read

# 18 g2thecore @ 06/01/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
Well hopefully you online franchise guys get something good..but this is actually great news for me..I've been hearing alot good about online franchise..so to say off line franchise will be even better?..Im loving it.
This^^^

# 19 Deegeezy @ 06/01/09 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progenitor
I'm not mad

No chance...

She is not attractive my friend. A couple of still photos aren't going to change that. She looks like a man horse thing.

Plus she has yellow teeth...Or as I sometimes like to say, "natural golds."

# 20 pfunk880 @ 06/01/09 08:58 PM
Quote:

EDIT
I am worried that they have yet to list the length of online franchise and this kind of statement means there wont be a draft full of rookies. They have already stated a real time fantasy draft but nothing about a draft full of rookies. No draft means online franchise is only one season.
LOL, they're not going to call it online franchise if it is only one season. If that was the case, it would just be your standard online league. No need to freak out.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.