Home
NBA Unrivaled News Post

Kotaku has some info on an upcoming 360/PS3 downloadable game called NBA Unrivaled.

Quote:
"NBA Unrivaled will be a new option for players looking for an NBA video game alternative.

A bottom-of-the-press-release surprise from Tecmo today was the news that the publisher is backing an NBA game, NBA Unrivaled for PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade later this year.

Tecmo joins a field currently occupied by EA and Take Two's NBA Live and NBA 2K series, respectively, though only Tecmo's game is announced as download-only."

Game: NBA UnrivaledReader Score: 0.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 jyoung @ 06/02/09 12:38 AM
I wonder if this will be based on their Tecmo NBA Basketball series from the NES/SNES days?

The SNES version was my go-to basketball game for a long time until EA revolutionized things with NBA Live '95.

# 2 Mos1ted @ 06/02/09 06:57 AM
Yeah I remember Tecmo NBA Basketball back in the day.

# 3 marcoyk @ 06/02/09 07:20 AM
probably won't be downloading this game unless it's free ha

# 4 aholbert32 @ 06/02/09 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted

Still play it on my iphone.

# 5 plasticbeast @ 06/02/09 12:36 PM
Quote:
It was my favorite nba game for a long time on Snes. Loved it!

# 6 Tha_Kid @ 06/02/09 11:32 PM
Hooray for roster updates for an 8-bit game. I can't mess with "old school" past 16 bit unless its Castlevania, mario or ninja turtles lol.

# 7 DC @ 06/03/09 07:50 AM
I hope they show the world how SIm Basketball should be. They have NOTHING to lose

# 8 WDaniel @ 06/03/09 10:10 AM
This sounds promising. I'd love to see some screens....

# 9 videlsports @ 06/07/09 09:29 PM
Tecmo nba Basketball ..... I can still see the rabbit running out before the intro of all the teams. Like the earlier fans said.. good for the nba, at least some one else can make a game.

# 10 Tigerman23 @ 06/08/09 03:25 PM
Are there screenshots for this yet? This sounds like it could be fun.

# 11 jaosming @ 06/08/09 04:51 PM
Kotaku said

Quote:
We would have screenshots for you, but Tecmo bundled them in a 2GB file. So expect them later. Much later.
http://kotaku.com/5274869/tecmo-getting-into-nba-gaming

# 12 Tigerman23 @ 06/09/09 06:47 AM
I saw that last week. I was expecting them to be uploaded like a few hours after, though =(

# 13 Hassan Darkside @ 06/12/09 10:57 PM
Screens or anything out yet?

Lmao at some of the comments on that link.

Quote:
The whole "momentum bar that rewards players who perform in a crowd-pleasing manner" makes me think this is gonna be an over-the-top arcade game a la NBA Jam or Hangtime. I hope so, I haven't been on fire in ages.
Quote:
@meteora3255: im gettin' blazed as i type.

# 14 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/13/09 04:21 AM
LOL Tecmo bowl coming out with a basketball game for once. LOL this going to be interrestion to see what it will look like. I mean I know for fact it will never give 2k and nba live a run for their money. But it be kind of nice to see what the game would like.

# 15 Behindshadows @ 06/15/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
I still own it, I'll post a video later on!

# 16 MarvellousOne @ 07/07/09 05:11 AM
I also doubt it will be a sim basketball game, most games on PSN and Xbox Live that are downloads only are arcadish titles especially the PSN, not 100% sure about Xbox live but I am sure it's the same. So expect a arcadish title, (NBA Jam type of game anyone?)

# 17 VDusen04 @ 07/08/09 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbeast
It was my favorite nba game for a long time on Snes. Loved it!
Am I the only one who played Tecmo NBA Basketball on the NES and not the SNES? I have the theme music permanently lodged in my brain. I still remember when my brother dared me to simulate the NBA Finals when I made it with the Kings. I lost, and subsequently went crazy.

# 18 Pared @ 07/24/09 09:32 AM
I can honestly say I've never played this on the NES.

It was all about Double Dribble!

# 19 Mintsa @ 07/24/09 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I can honestly say I've never played this on the NES.

It was all about Double Dribble!
Same here.....

By the time Tecmo NBA was released on NES. I was already on the Lakers vs Celtics/Bulls vs Lakers tip by then.

# 20 Pared @ 07/24/09 10:03 AM
Ahh... Genesis bball gaming!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.