Home
NBA Unrivaled News Post

Kotaku has some info on an upcoming 360/PS3 downloadable game called NBA Unrivaled.

Quote:
"NBA Unrivaled will be a new option for players looking for an NBA video game alternative.

A bottom-of-the-press-release surprise from Tecmo today was the news that the publisher is backing an NBA game, NBA Unrivaled for PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade later this year.

Tecmo joins a field currently occupied by EA and Take Two's NBA Live and NBA 2K series, respectively, though only Tecmo's game is announced as download-only."

Game: NBA UnrivaledReader Score: 0.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Tigerman23 @ 07/25/09 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I can honestly say I've never played this on the NES.

It was all about Double Dribble!
Pfft, Magic Johnson's Fast Break, please!

# 22 Chef Matt @ 07/26/09 09:13 PM
I loved em all but tecmo rained supreme. All teams, full stat tracking...man those were the days.

But I almost forgot.... what about Jordan VS Bird one on one? Best slam dunk contest (Jordan only of course) ever.

# 23 suirad @ 07/27/09 02:14 AM
yeah i was a stat junkie myself and tecmo had it no doubt it was the first game for full season playoffs all star etc and saved stats. man our childhood innocence is gone i remember spending hours on dat game man

# 24 Chef Matt @ 07/27/09 10:08 AM
I did the same thing. As a huge stat junkie Tecmo was HUGE!

Picking your Allstar Game players was one of my favorite aspects. Each season I would go down the list of season leaders and put them in they're respective spots on the all-star roster.

Hours upon hours were spent on Tecmo NBA Basketball. That and of course Tecmo Bowl(s)

# 25 Shinyhubcaps @ 07/27/09 10:12 PM
So... nothing new with this? I keep checking back, but the thread is just people talking about incredibly old-school basketball games. Needless to say, Tecmo NBA Unrivaled will not resemble any of them pre-NBA Jam.

# 26 Tigerman23 @ 07/28/09 05:29 PM
Did they ever release those screenshots for this?

# 27 VDusen04 @ 07/29/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerman23
Pfft, Magic Johnson's Fast Break, please!
Ha, this is the first basketball video game I ever owned. Intense 2-on-2, flat-footed action! Sponsored by Pepsi.

# 28 Tigerman23 @ 07/31/09 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Ha, this is the first basketball video game I ever owned. Intense 2-on-2, flat-footed action! Sponsered by Pepsi.
Same here!

# 29 lasthour @ 08/07/09 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Ha, this is the first basketball video game I ever owned. Intense 2-on-2, flat-footed action! Sponsored by Pepsi.
Ditto

# 30 blythe0236 @ 09/11/09 07:48 PM
Go to shogungamer for screenshots I'm sure the major sites like Kotaku will be picking them up soon as well.

# 31 RayDog253 @ 09/12/09 10:36 AM

# 32 Mintsa @ 09/12/09 10:40 AM
I know it's just going to be a PSN/Live gameand will probably cost $10.00 but seeing the Raptors court in the 4th screen is laughable. At least put some kind of effort into authenticity ! LOL............

# 33 23 @ 09/12/09 04:40 PM
Its a new NBA Jam game huh?

LOL I think ill pass

# 34 Shinyhubcaps @ 09/12/09 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
I know it's just going to be a PSN/Live gameand will probably cost $10.00 but seeing the Raptors court in the 4th screen is laughable. At least put some kind of effort into authenticity ! LOL............
Now now, even the major SKUs don't get courts right until a year or two (or three) after they've been updated. I know that screen is just plain wrong, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

And I like sports games with pixel-rate players. It looks fun, and that can be a good thing sometimes.

# 35 youvalss @ 09/13/09 09:32 AM
Nice graphics! But yeah, it's "NBA Jam 2009".

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.