Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports to Reveal Cover Athlete for NBA® 2K10
during Pre-Game Show for Game One of the NBA Finals on June 4

June 3, 2009 – Basketball fans will get a treat tomorrow as 2K Sports reveals the cover athlete for the highly anticipated basketball video game, NBA 2K10. An exclusive 30 second TV spot will air during the NBA Countdown pre-game show for Game One of the 2009 NBA Finals, June 4 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC. NBA 2K10 is the upcoming 10th anniversary edition of the hugely popular NBA 2K franchise, the #1 selling basketball video game* and #1 rated NBA simulation for eight years in a row**.

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K10 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available this fall. For more information, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k10.

The 2009 NBA Finals are currently scheduled to tip off on June 4 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Shinyhubcaps @ 06/03/09 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Does the cover athlete do the motion capture?
Usually, but not always. I don't believe Garnett did, but all other past 2K athletes did (not sure about Ben Wallace). The Live often do as well, as has Amare Stoudemire for NBA 08.

# 42 bowdown2shadi @ 06/03/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Iverson?! The goal of this cover is to ATTRACT gamers...at least that's what I think...
Aren't you a Pistons fan? That should explain your comment...

...your right though

But your sig is wrong!

# 43 Shinyhubcaps @ 06/03/09 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Anyone else not give a damn about cover athletes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I don't care about the cover guy, give me word on improvements to the series. I make a custom cover every year anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Rose since he's a rising star. Couldn't care less though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric
I don't really care who's on the cover. For all I care it could be Jerome James. The only thing that matters is that they've improved the game over 2k9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
I don't really care, but its just for fun.
Wow guys, thanks for the constructive comments. (If you don't care, don't post. I don't go into the other forums asking "Who cares?")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
As for the topic, it won't be anyone still playing in the Eastern Conference.
Still? Oh man, it's Chauncey Billups (also on a NBA Ballers cover).

# 44 youvalss @ 06/03/09 05:55 PM
Quote:
But your sig is wrong!
You meant my avatar? My avatar (and sig) is perfect for the next 2 weeks.

But back to topic...

# 45 Rawdeal28 @ 06/03/09 07:13 PM
DJ Benga FTW!!!

# 46 ProfessaPackMan @ 06/03/09 08:01 PM
Devin The Dude

# 47 t216 @ 06/03/09 08:23 PM
KB24 or DH12 are fine by me.

# 48 GMJigga @ 06/03/09 08:43 PM
Billups?

# 49 btiberi @ 06/03/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
You just did the same exact thing you say you hate when others do: come into a post that you don't care about, then post asking if others actually give a damn on the topic.

As for the topic, it won't be anyone still playing in the Eastern Conference.
Still playing in the Eastern Conference are the Orlando Magic, which would mean that it is not Dwight Howard....

just a second way to think about the way Pared phrased it

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 06/03/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
I don't really care, but its just for fun.
Nah son, this is the 'net, its cool to be mad serious not to care about anything and think everythings lame......knowhatimsayin'?

Anyway, looking forward to finding out...

# 51 The 24th Letter @ 06/03/09 10:50 PM
Quote:
Come back and quote me when I'm wrong.

# 52 Jamin23 @ 06/03/09 10:52 PM
I am excited to hear who it is going to be because 2k is releasing info so early. First come the cover athlete than come the screen shots.

# 53 J_Posse @ 06/03/09 10:57 PM
I believe it'll be D-Howard since he's done Mo-Cap with 2K in the past (NBA 2K6 or 2K7), and is in a comercial where 2K9 is prominently displayed.

# 54 B-Wills @ 06/04/09 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I am excited to hear who it is going to be because 2k is releasing info so early. First come the cover athlete than come the screen shots.
I wouldn't expect anything big so soon, they announced the cover athlete right around this time last year.

# 55 rockchisler @ 06/04/09 12:48 AM
Dick Bavetta

# 56 btiberi @ 06/04/09 01:00 AM
I know he was on Live 06, but what about D-Wade?

He's in that commercial with Dwight

# 57 mKoz26 @ 06/04/09 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
I believe it'll be D-Howard since he's done Mo-Cap with 2K in the past (NBA 2K6 or 2K7), and is in a comercial where 2K9 is prominently displayed.
Just trying to help you out bro... there are no images in sigs.

And my opinion on the topic:
The homer in me says Derrick Rose, but the brain in me says Dwight Howard.

# 58 mobiuseinz @ 06/04/09 01:07 AM
I think its Kobe

# 59 ethanlee29 @ 06/04/09 01:15 AM
from the LA Times:

At the break

Hey, it's not all about the game.

While there will be plenty of pregame, postgame, all-game coverage of the NBA Finals on ABC, ESPN, Fox Sports and NBA TV, there are also commercials.

In a bit of news, 2K Sports is going to begin advertising its new basketball video game, NBA 2K10, today and the cover athlete is Kobe Bryant.

During the ad campaign rollout, four potential covers will be shown and viewers will vote on which image they'd prefer to see when the game is available Oct. 6.

Jason Argent, the vice president of marketing for 2K Sports, said that in this, the 10th anniversary of the game, "Frankly, Kobe was the only pick for the cover." Last year it was Boston's Kevin Garnett.

"Hopefully some of the same Garnett magic will rub off," Argent said.

So Argent isn't a neutral observer of these Finals? "No, not now," he said.

# 60 Shakedowncapo @ 06/04/09 01:35 AM
No link?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.