Home
UFC 2009 Undisputed News Post

The UFC video game license is precisely where it should be. Previous UFC themed games were poorly received by critics and fans alike while doing nothing to advance the Ultimate Fighting brand.

Read More - UFC is in the Right Hands

UFC 2009 Undisputed screenshot gallery - Click to view UFC 2009 Undisputed screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: UFC 2009 UndisputedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DocHolliday @ 06/02/09 10:12 PM
I agree, but I bought THQ stock so im biased.

# 2 MCNABB51BOI @ 06/02/09 10:24 PM
im with you i hope to god EA doesnt get this game it would be ruined

# 3 Sausage @ 06/02/09 10:27 PM
I believe EA already announced their own game. Competition will only make the next game that much better.

# 4 Birdman18 @ 06/02/09 10:40 PM
i agree with Sausage... competition makes everyone raise their game, no matter what it is.. video games, sports, everything in life... I think THQ provided a great foundation for a long running series, and after the good reviews and so far pretty good sales, i think UFC will stay with THQ, especially after the success of the WWE franchise. hopefully they can stick with the same dev. group the next few years to continue to build upon whats been established with UFC 2009

# 5 mgoblue @ 06/03/09 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
EA will soon buy the exclusive license and end all chance of the game becoming the best it could be. Finally, if competition makes the game better and that is what gamers want why did EA buy the NFL and College Football exclusive licenses. Is it that they dont care what the gamers really want?
FYI, EA got the NFL exclusive license because the NFL was actively seeking exclusivity and EA ponied up more money than 2k...so it wasn't EA instigating there like you imply.

I think the competition will be good, but Dana and the UFC won't leave for EA anytime soon...they have such a great game and they know that.

# 6 carlhungis @ 06/03/09 07:33 AM
All EA has to do is show Dana how many units Madden has sold and how much money it has made. I don't think that Dana is some uber gamer that would prefer a better game over more profit and exposure. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if EA ends up with the exclusive rights when they become available.

# 7 allBthere @ 06/03/09 09:40 AM
why did we have to even mention EA. THQ has the license till 2011 I believe and they're making quality stuff. DANA and the UFC chose THQ because of their passion for MMA and comittment to realism/quality.

the UFC's number one concern from day 1 was quality - and to make the best combat game ever. The game imo was never a cash grab, but a means to expand the UFC audience, promote mma, and get the brand to be even more of a household name.

They didn't go cheap for this thing, modelling everyone at turtlerock studios or whatever costs big bucks.

UFC and THQ are happy and proud about the finished product, as they should be There is absolutely no reason for either party to end the relationship.

# 8 stlstudios189 @ 06/03/09 05:55 PM
Competition is a good thing but THQ makes a great game. The WWE games are good and the UFC game is the best thing they have ever made. I don't think EA will make a great fighting game but we shall see next May.

# 9 bbrad845 @ 06/03/09 07:46 PM
EA does a great job with the Fight Night Series. If given the chance, I believe they could produce a much better product than THQ.

# 10 cepwin @ 06/03/09 08:31 PM
I agree that the best situation is *both* THQ/Yukes and EA putting out hight quality games. THQ/Yukes did an excellent job and hopefully they'll have the resources to make it even better next year. Whatever your view towards EA, they do likely have more resources which is something THQ/Yukes is going to have to compete against. But like I said, if this game is any indication they have the dedication to do an excellent job.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.