Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 LPU @ 06/03/09 06:08 PM
It would've been better if the highlights shown were actually highlights. I'll give them the pick-6... but a -2 yard run and a 1 yard run by the QB.....

That said, it's better than nothing.

# 22 Da Bears @ 06/03/09 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoddx
Are you joking? There was no one saying anything. You need to stop being so ignorant to the flaws of this game, I watch you post and it's unbearable. They didn't turn down anything.
This is true.

# 23 g2thecore @ 06/03/09 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols/bravesfan
Ok so it's not that bad but... I expected more. Oh well we should be happy we got somthing.
I disagree with that. If they're going to call it a "Halftime report", they need to make sure that it looks and sounds like one. Otherwise, they need to rename it "the look at boring replays with no commentary thingy".

I'm not bashing here, but I think we've been using that "we should be happy with what we got" excuse for too long. My theme with everything in life is go hard or go home. I hope that's not exactly how it's going to be in the ship version, because that's a disappointment.

# 24 mikeveli20 @ 06/03/09 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I'm kind of disappointed there's no commentary during the highlights. It's kind of boring to just watch highlights with an awkward silence.

At the very least they could have the girl talk about the player's performances while the highlights run. Oh well, it's cool.
I agree. Also, whenever she does talk (before and after the highlights), her voice sounds very robotic and choppy. Is she Tom Hammond's daughter or something?

Another thing I noticed was the order they showed the highlights in. They showed the INT that ended the half before the INT for a TD. Usually in an NFL broadcast they don't show you a half ending INT and then be like "oh by the way, we forgot this also happened earlier in the game, here's an INT for a TD". Usually it's in chronological order. Hopefully they have time to fix this before launch.

# 25 jjdogjjdog5162 @ 06/03/09 06:11 PM
ummm.....well....uhhh...*pulls shirt colar* yeah...thats a halftime show....

I really had something else envisioned. Kinda like 2k5's, with in-game characters talking about the game, or other games. Not long pauses with sparatic generic audio saying nothing about any of the highlights.

Always next year to improve on it...

# 26 Danimal @ 06/03/09 06:11 PM
That is not very good but I really don't care. I rather have the presentation changes they made during game play and online franchise. I skip this stuff anyway, I skipped it in 2K, APF and I don't even watch the post game stuff in the Show anymore. For the people who wanted more I feel for you but for me this isn't a big deal.

# 27 PacMan3000 @ 06/03/09 06:12 PM
That is in desperate need of music and voice over.

Why are all the camera angles so tight? That is not replicating a true NFL broadcast.

I heard the female voice over say that the Broncos were up "twenty seven." She meant, and should have properly said, "twenty to seven."

There were things visually I genuinely liked, though. But that halftime show is so weak and boring, I unfortunately think gamers will skip it altogether. It feels like they came up with it at the very last minute, tacking it on at the end before production on the game winds down.

# 28 MattIntellect @ 06/03/09 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
I disagree with that. If they're going to call it a "Halftime report", they need to make sure that it looks and sounds like one. Otherwise, they need to rename it "the look at boring replays with no commentary thingy".

I'm not bashing here, but I think we've been using that "we should be happy with what we got" excuse for too long. My theme with everything in life is go hard or go home. I hope that's not exactly how it's going to be in the ship version, because that's a disappointment.
I actually think I heard some commentary during the highlights. I could be wrong though.

# 29 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 06:14 PM
Quote:
Ok this is what it should be like. I changed my mind that is weak.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9O6j...eature=related
**** I hate to say it, but that STILL destroys what Madden just showed us. Maybe Madden 11 will at least come close, or '12, or '13, etc.

# 30 jdr4693 @ 06/03/09 06:15 PM
How could anyone at EA think it was a good idea to have no commentary during this.

# 31 mikeveli20 @ 06/03/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Ok this is what it should be like. I changed my mind that is weak.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9O6j...eature=related
Wow, you're right, the Madden halftime show is a joke compared to the 2k5 one. I like the camera angles much better in the 2k5 one as well. Also, maybe I just couldn't hear it but it didn't sound like there was any music or anything when the Extra Point show logo came up on screen. Usually there would be some kind of music to go along with that in an actual broadcast.

And the highlights shown in the 2k5 video actually seemed like important plays. Aside from the INTs in the Madden 10 show, why are we seeing a run for -2 yards? Unless it's on 4th down or something, but we have no way of knowing that since there is no voice over or anything.

# 32 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I actually think I heard some commentary during the highlights. I could be wrong though.
There wasn't any. Just a few one liners before and after the "highlights".

# 33 DaveDQ @ 06/03/09 06:18 PM
It's a start. Not the best, but it's a start.

# 34 Graffititech @ 06/03/09 06:18 PM
that half time was pretty realistic. during real nfl halftime shows little plays such as negative yard runs are shown, small gains or a big run for a firstdown are shown. the problem with this in madden 10 is that there is no commentary to justify showing these replays. for the negative yard run a commentator should be describing how the run hasnt worked at all that game or how much the teams defense has stepped up over the past few games (think when the colts finally started to stop the run that one year)

the half time show has potential it just needs commentary and music to give it some life. theres still a month to go in the development cycle though right?

# 35 mikeveli20 @ 06/03/09 06:19 PM
Even if they do add the voice over, the girl sounds terrible an unnatural whenever she does speak that it would probably ruin the highlights even more.

# 36 Droopy03 @ 06/03/09 06:21 PM
NICE VID

# 37 83evans @ 06/03/09 06:21 PM
The reason for the dumb highlights (2 yd run etc) is because they probably played the 1st few minutes and then super simmed the rest.

# 38 thudias @ 06/03/09 06:21 PM
Not good..they have like 40 days to fix it....

# 39 cowboyscowboys @ 06/03/09 06:22 PM
Well Madden 11 can really improve on that. That was semi embarrassing.

There is no commentary

Ex. Flannagan ("Here are the highlights" in a robot voice) then 2 minutes of plays with no one talking

Finishes with a summary of stats with pretty bad commentary by Flanagan again not her fault but the way they edited and put it together.

Positive: It is a stepping stone and can be greatly improved.

# 40 icomb1ne @ 06/03/09 06:22 PM
They have yet to fix the back of the Seahawks helmet!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.