Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/03/09 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
I'm sick and tired of hearing next year....next year! It alsmost seems like they did this little effort to pacify the presentation crowd when in reality its a shove in the face to me the consumer. This is crap and they know it. They are just hoping to pacify the presentation peole with the smallest amount of effort possible. Thats how they do it over at EA expense as little energy as possible when doing things!!!!! How can you seriously say with a straight face that is the best you could do???

BACKBREAKER BACKBREAKER BACKBREAKER!!!!
LOL some of you will never be happy will you. This is the first year for halftime show. So it ain't great ans so what. It will be greatly improved next year. Remember Ian and them did a lot of work on madden 10 this year. Nothing is going to be perfect. But oh well I am going to be happy with the game either way.

# 82 tooldude79 @ 06/03/09 07:03 PM
lol..they said presentation was one of the major things they were working on, and this is the halftime show they come up with...terrible

way to half-*** it once again, EA

# 83 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/03/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
You really have to keep in Mind that Madden is on a one year cycle. NFL2k5 did not have amazing Presentation from the very beginning, it took them a few years to really accomplish something special. Now Madden is really close to being very good, Granted we have spotted some things that are just plain Ugly and Awkward, like that linemen right before Half time who was just standing there looking stupid. He was standing there motionless for 7 Seconds!

Ian and Co. have over a month to look at our feedback and make some changes. Somethings probably just did not get added in time for E3. Either way, we have a really good base right now, and I am very happy with the changes made so far. Remember, Rome was not built overnight.

As far as that Half-time show goes though, It was pretty Brutal. I dont know what it is, but these people sound like Robots. Maybe it is time to get a new Announcer or make a Change in the Audio department.
Thank you very much for saying that. Atleast some people agree with me. This is the first year for this. Next year will even be better. People just need to give Ian sometime to fix this stuff for madden 11. Over all madden is still looking very good. Like the old saying goes rome was not build in a day. Neither a great game. So Ian keep up the good work my friend. Don't worry bout these nay sayers. The game looks good.

# 84 HealyMonster @ 06/03/09 07:05 PM
yeah, I dont really know what to say, I mean this was pretty bad. Its not even close to being anything relatively good. I am glad everything else I have seen looks good.

# 85 TreyIM2 @ 06/03/09 07:06 PM
thmst30 - Just like jdr4693 I would guess to say that u have a vagina and breasts and were born about 11yrs ago. Am I right? C'mon, keep it real, son, err, girl...
For real, though, why do u two have so much hatred to spew against Madden when this game obviously looks a hell of a lot better than it has and has much newness to offer than ever? U act as though Madden has a 3 yr cycle before they release a new game and this is "all" they could muster up. Get over yourselves and grow up. U haven't even played the final product or, even, a demo, for that matter, yet u make all these accusations.
Then the 2K5 yak keeps poppin'. See, child minded people don't get that, obviously, EA KNOWS ALL ABOUT 2K5!! Did I yell that loud enough for your undeveloped young ears? Why do YOU feel the need to keep beating that horse that is way past dead, been sent to the glue factory and Elmers already made a profit off of YEARS ago? People like you are beyond pathetic yet you think by CONSTANTLY BRINGING UP 2K5, someone is going to you, SPECIFICALLY. U need that much attention, dawg? You need yourself a little boyfriend to finger you through your little tight panties? Is that it? Is that what all your rants are about? Tell me. Inquiring mature minds wanna know.

# 86 Cusefan @ 06/03/09 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
EA is burning football videogaming to the ground. And from the sound of it, it is pretty unanimous in this thread that Madden is nowhere near where it should be by now. I mean, not only does 2K5 put this to shame...but Madden NFL 2005 has been better than the last 4 editions of Madden as well!

For the good of football videogaming, EA NEEDS to give up the NFL license. We need competition again.

# 87 STLRams @ 06/03/09 07:10 PM
Considering EA's track record, I for one am very impressed by what I've seen so far based on this video and other videos that have been released. I agree about the no commentary during the halftime show, either they need to add this in the final version or patch/DLC, forget waiting till Madden11, make sure this is in Madden10. Fellas we may need to start a petition thread about adding this for Madden10 for Ian and the other devs to see.

# 88 tooldude79 @ 06/03/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
LOL some of you will never be happy will you. This is the first year for halftime show. So it ain't great ans so what. It will be greatly improved next year. Remember Ian and them did a lot of work on madden 10 this year. Nothing is going to be perfect. But oh well I am going to be happy with the game either way.
99% of your posts say almost the exact same thing...about 1600 in less than 2 months and nothing original...sad

# 89 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
thmst30 - Just like jdr4693 I would guess to say that u have a vagina and breasts and were born about 11yrs ago. Am I right? C'mon, keep it real, son, err, girl...
For real, though, why do u two have so much hatred to spew against Madden when this game obviously looks a hell of a lot better than it has and has much newness to offer than ever? U act as though Madden has a 3 yr cycle before they release a new game and this is "all" they could muster up. Get over yourselves and grow up. U haven't even played the final product or, even, a demo, for that matter, yet u make all these accusations.
Then the 2K5 yak keeps poppin'. See, child minded people don't get that, obviously, EA KNOWS ALL ABOUT 2K5!! Did I yell that loud enough for your undeveloped young ears? Why do YOU feel the need to keep beating that horse that is way past dead, been sent to the glue factory and Elmers already made a profit off of YEARS ago? People like you are beyond pathetic yet you think by CONSTANTLY BRINGING UP 2K5, someone is going to you, SPECIFICALLY. U need that much attention, dawg? You need yourself a little boyfriend to finger you through your little tight panties? Is that it? Is that what all your rants are about? Tell me. Inquiring mature minds wanna know.
Umm, I don't attack Madden. I'm just not fond of this half-time show. However please keep sending the insults my way because the more you do the faster we can be rid of you.

# 90 Cusefan @ 06/03/09 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Considering EA's track record, I for one am very impressed by what I've seen so far based on this video and other videos that have been released. I agree about the no commentary during the halftime show, either they need to add this in the final version or patch/DLC, forget waiting till Madden11, make sure this is in Madden10. Fellas we may need to start a petition thread about adding this for Madden10 for Ian and the other devs to see.
lol we do not need a petition, Ian is probably looking at these forums or will. Trust me, he will get the picture. Besides I am 100% sure that Ian is not satisfied with this either...

# 91 djordan @ 06/03/09 07:12 PM
WOW..I am VERY DISSAPPOINTED!

- No music played during highlights
-No commentator explaining highlight
-Close *** camera during highlights..NEEDS TO BE BROADCAST VIEW
-Boring and dull

Just not a solid implemented project.

I am really upset because IAN said he and his team watched NFL2k5 and MLB the Show videos to work on presentation. No way in hell could you watche NFL2k5 highlight show and come out with this in Madden 10.

DAMN!

# 92 berad88 @ 06/03/09 07:13 PM
Why don't you guys actually give EA some useful feedback and explain exactly what you would want a halftime show to be.

People have no problem crying about how much they hate the halftime show but they are not saying anything about what they would expect a halftime show to be. I might just quit coming to this forum because it is being infested in babies.

# 93 jdr4693 @ 06/03/09 07:14 PM
Quote:
First of all, who are you?
Second of all, keep my name out of your mouth and your keyboard.
Third of all, I'm alot older than you.
Fourth of all, not once did I mention 2k sports. I'm not even gonna waste another post on you because youll be banned by the time you read this.

# 94 Cusefan @ 06/03/09 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
WOW..I am VERY DISSAPPOINTED!

- No music played during highlights
-No commentator explaining highlight
-Close *** camera during highlights..NEEDS TO BE BROADCAST VIEW
-Boring and dull

Just not a solid implemented project.

I am really upset because IAN said he and his team watched NFL2k5 and MLB the Show videos to work on presentation. No way in hell could you watche NFL2k5 highlight show and come out with this in Madden 10.

DAMN!
Like I just said, The Show and NFL 2k5 did not get great Presentation over night, it was a gradual evolution. Ian on the otherhand pretty much Inherited a game with Minimal Presentation so we cannot expect Perfection from day one. If Presentation still looks ugly in Madden 11 then we can bitch. But Honestly, The presentation is still very good except the Extra Point. Give it Time, It will get better.

# 95 TreyIM2 @ 06/03/09 07:16 PM
thmst30 - U mad that someone has great counterpoint against what u said, babygirl? Aww, ain't that cute...

# 96 steelernation28 @ 06/03/09 07:16 PM
The game looked great. A little sparse as far as the commentary goes during the halftime show. What was up with the off. lineman just standing there? Theres certainly some tuning to be done.

# 97 RGiles36 @ 06/03/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
It's not like we've been asking for a halftime show like 2k5's for the past 5 years. We ask and beg them to put it in every single year, and every single year it's not done.

What did you expect us to say?
We agree on one thing: the halftime presentation show is underwhelming. It's better than nothing, but still leaves a lot desired when compared to 2K5's halftime show.

However, what I don't understand how you and others are now all of a sudden oblivious to the several other presentation improvements: The Extra Point via franchise, more stat banners, more cutscenes, realistic injury sequences, just to name a few.

I just think it's short sighted of you to dismiss every other presentation upgrade as "EA doesn't get it" just b/c one area is lacking. You sound as if you'd rather have ALL or NOTHING AT ALL.

# 98 tite50 @ 06/03/09 07:16 PM
yeah i have to admit the no commentary was bad.but lets look at the positive,it looks like we have a game worth buying and playing this year!this team will stay together and just improve.look at the remarkable improvement from 09 to now!just think when the foundation is solid what they can build on top of that will be like!

# 99 droopizzle34 @ 06/03/09 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
Hmm.....Have to admit I'm not extemely impressed by this halftime show.

Having said that, when was the last time you saw highlights on TV without commentary? Yeah, me neither. Also, what's with the extreme closeups during the replays? Maybe I've played that "other NFL game" too much, but when I see game highlights I expect the camera angle to be as close to TV broadcast angle as possible.

And even when commentary is included, it sounds a little jacked up. It's too obvious when names or numbers are inserted into canned dialogue. I'm hoping this can be cleaned up.

Again, overall this game is heading in the right direction, but the fine details seem to be lacking here.
my sentiments exactly....i see even though they've improved the game greatly,EA still has us with the "wait till next year" mode....it's getting old.

# 100 STLRams @ 06/03/09 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Why don't you guys actually give EA some useful feedback and explain exactly what you would want a halftime show to be.

People have no problem crying about how much they hate the halftime show but they are not saying anything about what they would expect a halftime show to be. I might just quit coming to this forum because it is being infested in babies.
Agreed, we need a suggestion thread for the halftime/end of the game highlight show, remember Ian stated on his twitter than things regarding the highlight show can/maybe added via patch or DLC, so its not to late to have these things in Madden10.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.