Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out this new Madden NFL 10 video, showing off The Extra Point Halftime Report.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 GOD OF LIFE @ 06/03/09 08:00 PM
This is a halftime show?????????? its a freakin boring highlight reel, whoopy doo. omg, you would think for PS3/360 a real halftime show would be breakin down the game, showing other scores and games in chise, maybe interview wit da coach or player. come on EA!!! use all the power of the ps3. this looks like without the better graphics a ps1 or ps2 haltime "show" . embarrasing to say the least, looks like ill be skippin this every time.

# 142 berad88 @ 06/03/09 08:02 PM
It may not be the most amazing halftime show ever but it is a prettier version of what they did in 09. Do you guys remember 09? Madden says "hey check out these plays" or something like that. Then you get to scroll through 5 replays.

# 143 Fresh Prince @ 06/03/09 08:02 PM
Very, very impressive. Looks like there are a ton of cut scenes.

Only thing I didn't like was the fact that the NFL Network reporter didn't come off natural at all during the half time show.

# 144 SteelerSpartan @ 06/03/09 08:03 PM
Man I really want this game to make people forget about 2k5 but...

I can't say Id be watching this stuff more then once or twice in its current state

I really hope Ian can work his magic

# 145 T9R @ 06/03/09 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
It may not be the most amazing halftime show ever but it is a prettier version of what they did in 09. Do you guys remember 09? Madden says "hey check out these plays" or something like that. Then you get to scroll through 5 replays.
I'd rather pick and choose what plays to watch and from what angles at halftime than watch the Extra Point as it stands right now.

# 146 Triathlete_201 @ 06/03/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
That's click through footage only there.

For a show, you need to have someone presenting it, breaking down the game, talking about the highlights and what the teams need to do in the second half.
That's exactly what I thought to myself after watching it. I'll never want to watch one of those "brief half-time reports" again..unless I want to catch some zzzz's.

I thought they were going all out with presentation this year and finally top 2k5? I was pumped last week, anticipating what they were going to show us. But after vids like this, I will say they have definitely improved, but have a long, long way to go.

# 147 dark_warhawk @ 06/03/09 08:08 PM
EA look, I'm going to give you some real honest to goodness advice. Don't half-*** things. this is terrible, you wold of been better off delaying this then to putting that in. It looks lazy and cheap and you guys wonder why people slam your studio? look no further. I'm going to tell you what someone told me once "know matter what you do in life do it right or don't do it at all"

would of been better showing nothing then that. might go for your little extra point show as well but ill withhold judgment for now. however on the field presentation don't seem that bad so ill give you marks for that

# 148 Deegeezy @ 06/03/09 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
This is a halftime show?????????? its a freakin boring highlight reel, whoopy doo. omg, you would think for PS3/360 a real halftime show would be breakin down the game, showing other scores and games in chise, maybe interview wit da coach or player. come on EA!!! use all the power of the ps3. this looks like without the better graphics a ps1 or ps2 haltime "show" . embarrasing to say the least, looks like ill be skippin this every time.

Yeah...I was at least expecting some scores from around the league.

# 149 Cusefan @ 06/03/09 08:12 PM
They should have went ahead and picked up Dan Patrick.

# 150 davep @ 06/03/09 08:12 PM
Well, they added something, so that's a plus. But good god it's a snoozer! I guess I set the bar too high for them. At least have the proper highlights replayed?

Madden has lacked immersion and presentation for so long...it seems the past few(?) years it's just been so stale and so bland, like eating cardboard.

On the plus side I like the overlays (although even those could be spiced up).

I'll still buy it based on the improved gameplay mechanics alone.

# 151 TreyIM2 @ 06/03/09 08:14 PM
BORN4CORN - Still here, for now.

# 152 TDKing @ 06/03/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_warhawk
EA look, I'm going to give you some real honest to goodness advice. Don't half-*** things. this is terrible, you wold of been better off delaying this then to putting that in. It looks lazy and cheap and you guys wonder why people slam your studio? look no further. I'm going to tell you what someone told me once "know matter what you do in life do it right or don't do it at all"

would of been better showing nothing then that. might go for your little extra point show as well but ill withhold judgment for now. however on the field presentation don't seem that bad so ill give you marks for that
+1 Seems they get these geat ideas and options but they don't seem to implement them properly... in short half azzed.

# 153 Yo-Yo @ 06/03/09 08:21 PM
Wow, I hate whoever is doin the talking in this video. It's annoying. The highlights are 1 yards rushes and every INT's???? That's boring.

# 154 Bgamer90 @ 06/03/09 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo
The highlights are 1 yards rushes and every INT's???? That's boring.
Supersim!!!

# 155 droopizzle34 @ 06/03/09 08:26 PM
"EA SPORTS-WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!"

always "hoping and waiting till next year"......wow man...thats all I can say is wow....

# 156 djordan @ 06/03/09 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Oh my lord... that was awful.

The audio in this game is absolutely atrocious. There is just no way around it. The camera angles for the replays are beautiful and so are the overlays, but the audio? Awful. There wasn't even anything being said while the highlights played.

Tom's line to go to halftime: "Let's send you to the studio for this brief halftime break"?

WHAT??? Seriously? "Brief halftime break"? Guys, you need some help with that writing and quickly. It's getting worse every year. Since when has halftime been brief? And since when has a commentator said that? The answer to both: NEVER.

... and worse, he never even called up the score before going to the half! That's Broadcasting 101! Oh... my... lord, lol. I cannot believe this. I'm stunned.

How can such poor writing and poor audio work continue to be churned out like this every year? It's not even debatable; the people working on audio are simply not doing a good job. It doesn't even sound professional. It's time to make some changes.

# 157 thmst30 @ 06/03/09 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Supersim!!!
People aren't soaking that in. Of all the problems I had of the video I didn't care about the lack of true highlights because every game we've got video from has been mostly super-simmed through. We only get highlights of the plays they actually ran.

# 158 IanCummingsFriend @ 06/03/09 08:28 PM
Looks like a last min effort, I know these guys aren't saying "D*mn, this is good". Next year they'll tweak it.

# 159 DirtyBird @ 06/03/09 08:28 PM
Wow thanks a lot its cool how you can see players talking on the phone and the fans look so much better now.

# 160 Cusefan @ 06/03/09 08:30 PM
Just In case anyone from Tiburon is reading through this thread I will post some contructive criticism.

Problem 1: #62 for the broncos stays motionless for about 7 seconds.

How I would fix it: Instead of having the Half time score First, then the cutscene that shows the players going into the locker room, I would flip it. For Example, The Half ends, The cutscene of Kyle Ortan, Go right into the players going into the locker room, then Show the Halftime score, and go Right into the Extra Point.

Problem 2: The Extra Point Audio

How I would Fix it: The women who is is doing the Extra point does not have enough lines for Half time, she literally only says 8 sentances, and it is not natural at all. Obviously this probably cannot get fixed intime for launch, but it needs to be fixed. Personally I would start the EP with Scores from around the league( or at least have it at the bottom ticker). NFL Music during the Replays(probably not enough time to get the commentators to do extra lines). Then the Stats, If she did not sound like a complete Robot then i do not think anyone would have a problem with the Half time show.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.