Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Check it out right here.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 countryboy @ 06/05/09 11:00 AM
1) Hoping acclerated(chew) clock works for both user and cpu.

2) Enjoyed the videos

3) only negative was seeing UofL losing to South Florida 30-7

# 62 da ThRONe @ 06/05/09 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
You detrone have a problem and it's not this game..... It's guys like you who are sucking the life out of this site... P.S. Great video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thought that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE1411
Same here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
guys please. treat em like a child, ignore him, he craves attention.You don't comment on post's like that. just hope he's being sarcastic.
LOL @ people who think speaking there opinion is childish! I am a grown man and if I dont like something I have the right to say so. Unlike you guy who seem to like everything they put into this game. *Oh look at the pretty colors fanboys* LOL.

# 63 countryboy @ 06/05/09 11:19 AM

Can we please get off the debate over Season Showdown? Its there, for better or for worse, and nothing is going to change that.

If you like it, leave it on. If you don't turn it off. At this point its pointless to complain/debate about. The game releases in a little over a month, whats done is done. Can we please just accept that, good or bad, and move on?

# 64 jbdeuce @ 06/05/09 11:24 AM
Quote:
Hmmm people getting upset because your being graded i wonder why;-} i love this tool
Its not because... its how we're are being graded. They clearly said it....a 3 score lead means the game is over so punt on 4th and 2 & run out the clock. Hip Hip Hoooraaaayyy!

And I think some are confused about the chew clock feature. When its turned on...say you pick your play and there was 24 secs on the play clock, when you approach the line of scrimmage, the time would accelerate or skip to 12 on the play clock and the game clock would also adjust to the 12 sec difference. So its not like playing 15 min qtrs with an accelerated or fast clock.

# 65 marcoyk @ 06/05/09 11:26 AM
If people actually care about Season Showdown I could see the sportsmanship being pretty helpful. But I doubt people really care if they don't win SS. haha

# 66 da ThRONe @ 06/05/09 11:26 AM
And for the record they should stop wasting time trying to grade your sportsmanship and fix the fundmentals of the game. That way the problem will fix itself. There is a reason why coaches punt the ball and it aint sportsmanship. Its just common sense to run the clock out when your up or you give the other team a chance to get back in the game. There are teams that pass the whole game because thats how there wired they dont run much. So where going give Texas Tech bad sportsmanship grade because there running game is almost non-existent?

# 67 countryboy @ 06/05/09 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
Its not because... its how we're are being graded. They clearly said it....a 3 score lead means the game is over so punt on 4th and 2 & run out the clock. Hip Hip Hoooraaaayyy!

And I think some are confused about the chew clock feature. When its turned on...say you pick your play and there was 24 secs on the play clock, when you approach the line of scrimmage, the time would accelerate or skip to 12 on the play clock and the game clock would also adjust to the 12 sec difference. So its not like playing 15 min qtrs with an accelerated or fast clock.
Huh? Thats exactly what accelerated clock is, at least I thought. Maybe I'm missing something here.

# 68 da ThRONe @ 06/05/09 11:31 AM
Quote:
Fanboy??? 1) I'm not a boy... 2) That was not an opinion it was a dumb and childish statement ..... There is a big differences.....
I think that season showdown was a waste of time! ie Its my opinion I dont see how this concept is difficult to grasp.

# 69 da ThRONe @ 06/05/09 11:34 AM
So accelerated clock just takes 12 secs off the clock? So if I break the huddle with 11 secs left on the playclock thats an automatic delay of game? Or does it leave you with 12 secs no matter how late or early you break the huddle?

# 70 moylan1234 @ 06/05/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
My only beef with accelerated clock is it turns off late in the game. It should always be on if you huddle!
where does it say this? the only thing I see is that it turns off automatically if the game clock is stopped.

# 71 SHO @ 06/05/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
So accelerated clock just takes 12 secs off the clock? So if I break the huddle with 11 secs left on the playclock thats an automatic delay of game? Or does it leave you with 12 secs no matter how late or early you break the huddle?
The latter.

# 72 jbdeuce @ 06/05/09 11:44 AM
This is my beef with the rating system. I play straight up football. Running, passing, punting, kicking field goals, and I never did an onside kick online. Sometimes I do throw on 1 & 2nd down when I'm up by 3 scores late in the game just to keep the chains moving, that's all. I played games with Arkansas and plenty of other basic offensive teams. Now I'm being rated on those criteria when CHEESE to me is take your QB and drop back 20 yards or roll out and "take advantage of the CPU defense". Or pick a quarters defense and have 5'10 173 lbs SS stand up my 6'6 355 lbs T so I can't even run against that defense. So I guess I'm a cheezer now! Yessss! (not really)

I am by no means saying everyone that plays with spread option teams cheese because I have played more straight up players than bad and had some really good games.

# 73 da ThRONe @ 06/05/09 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
The latter.
I dont like that I rather it just take a set amount of time off. I should not be penaltized for getting in and out of the playcalling screen quickly. But you can turn it off so its not that bad.

# 74 jbdeuce @ 06/05/09 11:49 AM
When chew clock is on....instead of waiting until 12 seconds are left on the play clock to pick a play, you can pick your play anytime and when the team approaches the line, there would be 12 secs on the play clock and the game clock would adjust its time to make up the difference

# 75 da ThRONe @ 06/05/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
This is my beef with the rating system. I play straight up football. Running, passing, punting, kicking field goals, and I never did an onside kick online. Sometimes I do throw on 1 & 2nd down when I'm up by 3 scores late in the game just to keep the chains moving, that's all. I played games with Arkansas and plenty of other basic offensive teams. Now I'm being rated on those criteria when CHEESE to me is take your QB and drop back 20 yards or roll out and "take advantage of the CPU defense". Or pick a quarters defense and have 5'10 173 lbs SS stand up my 6'6 355 lbs T so I can't even run against that defense. So I guess I'm a cheezer now! Yessss! (not really)

I am by no means saying everyone that plays with spread option teams cheese because I have played more straight up players than bad and had some really good games.
This is what I have been saying for months stop trying to fix problems with gimmics and start by fixing the fundmentals!

# 76 da ThRONe @ 06/05/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
When chew clock is on....instead of waiting until 12 seconds are left on the play clock to pick a play, you can pick your play anytime and when the team approaches the line, there would be 12 secs on the play clock and the game clock would adjust its time to make up the difference
So basically every play you line up with 12 secs on the play clock? Didnt really play Madden much last few years. But it sounds like its implemented in a very generic way. Everytime I come to the line I have 12secs to analyze the defense and get the snap off.

# 77 jbdeuce @ 06/05/09 12:02 PM
Quote:
So basically every play you line up with 12 secs on the play clock? Didnt really play Madden much last few years. But it sounds like its implemented in a very generic way. Everytime I come to the line I have 12secs to analyze the defense and get the snap off.
I don't think its an exact time but I heard dude say on the video that when chew clock is on you would have 12 secs on the play clock so you have time for one adjustment at the line.

# 78 jbdeuce @ 06/05/09 12:04 PM
chew clock is basically instead of sitting and watching the play clock tick down to 12 secs before picking your play....we can pick our play at anytime and the "chew clock" feature would kill some time.

# 79 da ThRONe @ 06/05/09 12:08 PM
Quote:
chew clock is basically instead of sitting and watching the play clock tick down to 12 secs before picking your play....we can pick our play at anytime and the "chew clock" feature would kill some time.
OK I like the idea I just hope that its not that generic.I hope that it takes the time you leave the huddle into consideration. Some teams run a faster pace offense almost no-huddle I would like to simulate this while still using the "chew the clock" feature ,but that doesnt look like its possible though.

# 80 jbdeuce @ 06/05/09 12:12 PM
Quote:
OK I like the idea I just hope that its not that generic.I hope that it takes the time you leave the huddle into consideration. Some teams run a faster pace offense almost no-huddle I would like to simulate this while still using the "chew the clock" feature ,but that doesnt look like its possible though.
Yea...If you running a fast pace offense and want to get your play off with about 20 secs on the play clock, then don't turn on chew clock. lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.