Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted his impressions of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"The CPU AI is immensely improved from what I saw on All-Pro difficulty. The CPU was throwing the deep ball, breaking off big runs, and mixing up the play calling. Going up against that for the first time caught me off guard and I ended up paying the price. Surely there will be weaknesses found but I was impressed with the way the CPU attacked in some situations but played it safe in others such as a draw on 3rd and long."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 cowboyscowboys @ 06/05/09 10:01 PM
I was looking forward to this

# 2 Cusefan @ 06/05/09 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
http://www.pastapadre.com/8830/e3-ma...ions#more-8830

A nice, full, lengthy opinion from what he saw at E3

your thoughts....

Very nice and in depth review, Pasta Really did a nice job.

Madden sure does sound awesome though, Putting Madden in the same conversation with MLB: The Show really should show how good of a job Tiburon did this year. Kudos to Ian, Phil, and the rest of the crew.

# 3 Smoke316 @ 06/05/09 10:09 PM
yea Pasta always has the great opinions, doesnt hold his tongue at all. Always a good source of info

# 4 splff3000 @ 06/05/09 10:10 PM
Wow! So anyone can just come along and randomly join a franchise. This is getting worse by the minute I can't wait until Ian opens up for discussion. I'd be interested in knowing what some of there thought processes were for doing some of the things they did.

# 5 CKW11 @ 06/05/09 10:12 PM
Wow sounds good, that was a lot of info! He went really in depth.

# 6 I Peench @ 06/05/09 10:13 PM
woah woah woah, no contracts in online franchise? how is this going to work? as a commish, i'm at a loss. i can deal with no cap and no trade logic, but no contracts? wtf...seriously, this ruins the entire experience.

# 7 Danimal @ 06/05/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Wow! So anyone can just come along and randomly join a franchise. This is getting worse by the minute I can't wait until Ian opens up for discussion. I'd be interested in knowing what some of there thought processes were for doing some of the things they did.
Yeah I was hoping I read that incorrectly. In other words I hope it's an option to let randoms in or do a friends only. Otherwise what's the point.

# 8 Cusefan @ 06/05/09 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Not if you make it a private franchise...OMG!

there are always two option, Public and Private, pick Private and you personally invite your friends.

# 9 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/05/09 10:18 PM
From all the blogs and all the recent videos I have seen in the past week. I can say this is way beyond what 09 was a yea ago. Yes there is still going to be some flaws in madden 10 I will admit that. But no game is perfect. Yes there is some things in madden 10 that really need to be worked on like halftime show and the presention. The pro tak looks good but it still need to be adjusted and tuned some more. I ain't setting here and saying the game looks great and prasing Ian for once. Ian and his crew did a real good job on it. Yes there is going to be some people still want buy it because something are another ain't to there liking. I understand that. But just because the presention aka halftime show ain't where it needs to be for now, and the announcers ain't all that good. Is not going to stop me from buying it. The game play looks real good. The offline franchise mode has nothing big in it this year. But They did fix the freeze problem in franchise mode and they did fixed the logic in drafting FA and so on. While this madden ain't perfect and it needs some work still. Over all the game looks to be real good and fun to play when we get it. So for now until I get the game and play it my rating from what I have seen so far would be about a 7.5.

# 10 MoL2k @ 06/05/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Yeah I was hoping I read that incorrectly. In other words I hope it's an option to let randoms in or do a friends only. Otherwise what's the point.

But if you can play a franchise by yourself, online, I am sure you can password protect your franchise or do Invite only, AS WELL as open for anyone...

Just an assumption

# 11 THUG-Z @ 06/05/09 10:19 PM
I'm not sure if this happens to others, but everytime I try to open this Pasta.. page, my IE8 freezes and restarts.

Nonetheless, that small comment posted is interested. I'd like to read what other reviewers say and their experince playing the game, however. The game does look good from the videos though. Just the gameplay bothers me a bit and how the players move.

# 12 Cusefan @ 06/05/09 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
woah woah woah, no contracts in online franchise? how is this going to work? as a commish, i'm at a loss. i can deal with no cap and no trade logic, but no contracts? wtf...seriously, this ruins the entire experience.
I am thinking that the Contracts, Cap, and Trade Logic would put to much stress on the EA servers. There is still some time to get this into the game so I would not freak out yet. I would wait until Monday and hear what Ian has to say.

# 13 otis_coole @ 06/05/09 10:19 PM
The lack free agent signing and salary cap will lead to alot more failed online franchises. It will take a really dedicated league to complete the ten years.

# 14 DLaren @ 06/05/09 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastaPadre
The CPU AI is immensely improved...

Bold statement. I hope it stands the test of time.

If Madden'10 is capable of challenging me mentally, I will be able to forgive many of it's other short-comings.

# 15 droopizzle34 @ 06/05/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
or salary cap(which makes sense with no money contracts) ...this troubled me as well. I guess the only answer is to be as real to life as possible,and maker your users comply with a real NFL sim type league,if you know what I mean, like update rosters as the transactions in the real NFL happen....or you just have to go fantasy football in year one of EA's first foray into OF...and once again..."look forward to next year".....

# 16 will12203 @ 06/05/09 10:20 PM
great read can't wait until aug 14th

# 17 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/05/09 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
I'm not sure if this happens to others, but everytime I try to open this Pasta.. page, my IE8 freezes and restarts.

Nonetheless, that small comment posted is interested. I'd like to read what other reviewers say and their experince playing the game, however. The game does look good from the videos though. Just the gameplay bothers me a bit and how the players move.
Dude I feel you. I try to get on pasta site aswell and my IE just freeze up and I have to restart my pc altogether. I don't have no clue why it happens. Maybe pasta does.

# 18 Fresh Prince @ 06/05/09 10:24 PM
Holy ****! Summary, please?

# 19 pastapadre @ 06/05/09 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Dude I feel you. I try to get on pasta site aswell and my IE just freeze up and I have to restart my pc altogether. I don't have no clue why it happens. Maybe pasta does.
If you're having this problem PM me the browser you're using and version of it. Seems like its just a handful of people having this happen and they all are using IE. Trying to narrow it down to figure it out.

# 20 pastapadre @ 06/05/09 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Not a single word on OFFline Franchise!!!! .

That means he's not allowed to say anything.... which means the EA marketing department has embargo'd details of it until they're ready to hype it.

This can only be a good thing... God i hope i'm right
Nothing preventing me from talking about it. E3 just isn't an environment where you can get into franchise mode.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.