Home
Madden 2010 News Post

This is the last of the Madden NFL 10 Eagles @ Cowboys videos. This one shows the end of the 1st half, with the Eagles trying to get a score. The Extra Point Halftime Report is included.

Chase may have a few more on the camera, but I think we'll be putting up some NCAA Football 10 and some racing videos soon.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 06/06/09 02:03 PM
That catch by jones just keeps replaying in my head...It couldnt have been more realistic.

# 2 lon515 @ 06/06/09 02:05 PM
i like how they go in for halftime great and that catch by jones thank you ea for giving us what we want

# 3 Perfect Zero @ 06/06/09 02:08 PM
The problem I have with the halftime show is that there is no commentary of the plays, and they don't seem to go in any order. Other than that, it's a good first step.

# 4 lon515 @ 06/06/09 02:11 PM
in all of these videos you can't here any voices besides the people there and madden got a few months till launch there may be voices and if not ok i still like it

# 5 TheTodd84 @ 06/06/09 02:14 PM
Just wanted to say one thing about the videos that I have been noticing. The pocket, while it looks nice, is still forming too slowly and there is little to no pass rush on most plays. This was a game-killer last year and I hope that they can tune the pocket and the overall speed of the pass rush before release.

I think part of this is that if you notice on the offensive line in the longer blocking animations, you rarely see a D-lineman able to disengage in a timely manner to get to the QB. This alone may be contributing to why there is no pass rush.

I really hope this is tuned before release.

Other than that, I LOVE what I am seeing. That Felix Jones catch was amazing just for the sole fact I saw the CPU throw deep, lol.

# 6 thmst30 @ 06/06/09 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
The problem I have with the halftime show is that there is no commentary of the plays, and they don't seem to go in any order. Other than that, it's a good first step.
Yea that's something I too dislike about it. The lack of commentary has been thoroughly discussed, but the fact that there is no logical order to the highlights doesn't make the least bit of sense. When have you watched a highlight show and they just throw the highlights in some random order? They always go along with the order of the game. The half-time and post-game shows are complete failures IMO. Everything else I've seen is a major success though so I will overlook it for this year. Take them out or overhaul them for Madden 11.

# 7 Bgamer90 @ 06/06/09 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
halftime is ok, but theres no commentary and its dull. Thank u EA for the halftime show, but what's the point without commentary and broadcast angles. I wonder can thet fix it before it goes gold?
It can be fixed.

In the first halftime vid I seen, there wasn't any commentary or music. I honestly wouldn't think that it was like that on purpose. Seems more like a problem with the build itself.

But yeah, hopefully Ian says something about it when he comes back.

# 8 streets354 @ 06/06/09 02:17 PM
yo the game is about 85% done they still have more work 2 do the game is nice so far so when you see vidoes of the game dont get mad

# 9 thmst30 @ 06/06/09 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by streets354
yo the game is about 85% done they still have more work 2 do the game is nice so far so when you see vidoes of the game dont get mad
If you are talking to me, then you are completely wrong. #1 not mad. #2 this was EA's design choice, and it's not something that can be redone this year.

#3 if you weren't talking to me then I'm a dick and I apologize.

# 10 Bmlives @ 06/06/09 02:24 PM
Is anybody else liking the fact that a 53 yarder is no longer automatic for weaker leg kickers like David Akers? The kick meter was full and it still was about 3-5 yards short. I know guys have asked for more difficulty on kicks, and while the meter mechanic is still the same, the actual kicking itself seems much more realistic.

I'm lovin' it.

# 11 thmst30 @ 06/06/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmlives
Is anybody else liking the fact that a 53 yarder is no longer automatic for weaker leg kickers like David Akers? The kick meter was full and it still was about 3-5 yards short. I know guys have asked for more difficulty on kicks, and while the meter mechanic is still the same, the actual kicking itself seems much more realistic.

I'm lovin' it.
Yea that was a good sign.

# 12 skudplayr @ 06/06/09 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmlives

I'm lovin' it.
Who you calling weak legged??!?!? haha jk

I like alot of what I'm seeing. But, stuff like Romo trucking linebackers, the Cowboys running the clock out on their last drive just to kick a field goal when IRL they would go for 6 (looks like teams are going to play the same if they're the CPU), and the half time show are iffy.

# 13 skudplayr @ 06/06/09 02:47 PM
And the running animation...why did they change it to this model? It looks completely unrealistic.

# 14 lon515 @ 06/06/09 02:47 PM
This game just doesn't animate well at all to suspend my belief. I like the presentation, I don't like the gang tackling at all. Pro tak needs some serious work, the cpu ai doesn't attack the ball carrier whatsoever. The one on one tackles are great it some level of violence, but all in all its madden, just need to get the animations correct.

i disagree i think the animations are better and more life like

# 15 CM Hooe @ 06/06/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Yea that's something I too dislike about it. The lack of commentary has been thoroughly discussed, but the fact that there is no logical order to the highlights doesn't make the least bit of sense. When have you watched a highlight show and they just throw the highlights in some random order? They always go along with the order of the game. The half-time and post-game shows are complete failures IMO. Everything else I've seen is a major success though so I will overlook it for this year. Take them out or overhaul them for Madden 11.
A complete failure would be no halftime / postgame events at all, and if these weren't in the game there'd be a fuss about no halftime / postgame events.

Certainly, lacking commentary is a weak point for that aspect of the game, but other than that it's certainly an improvement over Madden 09's halftime and postgame, and it's on par with what other sports games have done with halftime recaps (2K football games, NBA 2K series). I personally will enjoy having these recaps, commentary or no, in the game.

# 16 macwek1 @ 06/06/09 03:39 PM
Did no one see that? Stewart Bradley threw himself at Tony Romo and Tony Barely moved. Scarey stuff man .

# 17 tron8 @ 06/06/09 03:43 PM
catching animations look awesome. Felix Jones' catch as well as Roy Williams' was awesome. You would have never seen those plays happen that way in previous maddens. The receiver would have had some stutter step or awkward animation and been tackled.

# 18 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 06/06/09 03:49 PM
I guess I am the only one truly impressed with the way madden is shaping up. This video looks fantastic, and while it's no perfect 10, I will def. be playing this game all year

# 19 Krodis @ 06/06/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwek1
Did no one see that? Stewart Bradley threw himself at Tony Romo and Tony Barely moved. Scarey stuff man .
He moved, he got knocked back.

He should have wrapped up. Romo may be a QB, but he's not made of paper. You can't just fingerpoke of doom him down.

# 20 J Masta J @ 06/06/09 04:10 PM
I wish they could post these vids using youtube or something.This springboard thing never works quite right for me.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.