NHL 10 News Post

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Lubey @ 06/10/09 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
(ps I think your a dueche in real life if you do that, but hey to each his own).
Understatement of the year.

# 22 Gagnon39 @ 06/10/09 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks
Is the Stanley Cup on the playoff patch on the ice?
Yes, but it should say Stanley Cup Final if it is the Pens vs. the Wings.

# 23 armi5718 @ 06/11/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
As others have mentioned, the collision detection looked bad. It was insane (fake) how quickly Hossa was skating backwards after picking up the puck behind the net.

The NHL developers have earned the benefit of the doubt in my book so I'm going to chalk those two things up to this being an early build of the game.

Can't wait for launch day!
CU SUCKS!

PROUD TO BE A CSU RAAAAM!!!

# 24 Money99 @ 06/11/09 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
As others have mentioned, the collision detection looked bad. It was insane (fake) how quickly Hossa was skating backwards after picking up the puck behind the net.

The NHL developers have earned the benefit of the doubt in my book so I'm going to chalk those two things up to this being an early build of the game.

Can't wait for launch day!
This is one of my biggest gripes with NHL09 (and 08).
The CPU isn't a slave to gravity or momentum. They can change directions, on a dime, at full speed.
But you can't even come close to doing that yourself.

It's infuriating when you see a 6th dman go into a corner with a full head of steam only to grab the puck, skate backwards, turn around and then triple deke around you all at top speeds without losing one inch of momentum or speed.

This really needs to be addressed. Your players feel like they have weight to them. But the CPU is operating on a whole different level.

However, I remember seeing early vids of both 08 and 09 where the players looked too 'floaty' and it wasn't the case during the finished product.

I still love that video and I'm excited for NHL10. I just pray they fix some of the quirks that existed in 09. Skating for the CPU being one of them.

# 25 Qb @ 06/11/09 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Just because the ai doesn't have to use a stick shouldn't mean it should be able to stop on a dime whenever it wants and make crazy dekes with 3rd and 4th liners.
And that's really what it is... trying to program it so the AI faces challenges comparable to what a human player does in terms of controller input. I'm curious to see how this affects the new passing mechanics, since user error will undoubtedly occur based on our aim without assist. But how will the AI miss their "manual" passes?

# 26 wlawrence67 @ 06/11/09 06:03 PM
this as well as all of the other new things that ea has pu into the game for this year are great. I really think the board play is going to make it very interesting especially in team games

# 27 bonannogiovanni @ 06/11/09 06:21 PM
I still don't like how the players seem to glide along the ice even when they skate, there is a total absence of ice friction....

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.