Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Hey guys... so we are aware of the issue with no (or few) freshmen on some teams in TeamBuilder and yes the same issues are found on the NCAA 10 disc. Over the past few days, one of our top priorities has been investigating solutions.

The TeamBuilder teams require some data on the disc to set Depth Charts for every team created before they can be used in a game. For example if you use the Cupcake roster as a starting point, NCAA 10 will give you a default Depth Chart for the Cupcakes for your TeamBuilder team (which you can edit in game). This means any changes we make could cause some problems with teams already created using TeamBuilder. So we need to ensure we are taking to proper steps to correct the issues.

We understand the concerns with how this can affect Dynasty mode and Online Games, so we are working hard to have a solution in place before launch on July 14th.

-Russ

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 coogrfan @ 06/10/09 05:48 PM
Adam, Russ--thanks for the info. I know I wouldn't want to be the bearer of news like this.

# 22 SchruteFarms @ 06/10/09 05:49 PM
Thanks for the update guys. Good Luck finding a remedy.

# 23 Sublime12089 @ 06/10/09 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I think that makes me feel better....how about fixing the rosters and just starting TB over?
People will be mad about the teams they already made disappearing. EA seems to be in a lose-lose at the moment.

# 24 MSchneider84 @ 06/10/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
We cannot comment on any ongoing lawsuit.

And no it is not an ideal situation... I wanted to come on here and say we already have a solution in place; but it's taking longer to figure everything out then we expected.

Right now we are exploring every angle to get this addressed before release.
Here's an idea. Let us edit the rosters through Team Builder and we can save it as a roster file and upload it onto NCAA 10. That way, those who are working on rosters for the community have a month in advance to get the rosters as close as possible.

# 25 KANE699 @ 06/10/09 05:51 PM
I wouldn't be against dumping all the current created teams on team builders website and then updating the rosters.

This is at least a start.

# 26 Palo20 @ 06/10/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
People will be mad about the teams they already made disappearing. EA seems to be in a lose-lose at the moment.
I agree, it's a tough spot.

I think that the rosters should hold priority over a week of TB created teams, so IF they could just start TB over with the right rosters, I think that'd be the best solution. Not a great one, but the best one.

# 27 boritter @ 06/10/09 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
\

And no it is not an ideal situation... I wanted to come on here and say we already have a solution in place; but it's taking longer to figure everything out then we expected.

Right now we are exploring every angle to get this addressed before release.
Russ,
Thanks for the update. A few questions:

1) When do you have to submit the game to MS/Sony for certification? In other words, is there time for the solution to be part of the retail disc?

2) If it cannot be part of the disc, would a roster patch override the original rosters and therefore become the default roster file? This way the patched rosters would be available for online matchups.

3) If the roster fix indeed turns out to be a patch, when do you think the update would go live? I know a lot of that depends on MS/Sony certification, but at this point would launch day be possible? Would July be possible?

# 28 J-Unit40 @ 06/10/09 05:55 PM
Seriously. Dump TeamBuilder and start over. Lesser of two evils in my book.

Rosters are way more important than TeamBuilder by itself with bad rosters.

# 29 Drocks @ 06/10/09 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We aren't sure of what happened yet, but we didn't want to continue leaving you guys in the dark on what is going on. It looks like the wrong version of the rosters made the final build, but we don't know for sure yet. Our efforts now are on remedying the situation the best we can.
Well this almost sounds like they have a final build of rosters that are more accurate already sitting there, but the disc was sent with the wrong set. There's gotta be some way to figure this out. I'm really hoping for ya'll sake you figure this out, cause really, I don't wish the kind of venom that might hit ya'll up afterwards on anyone lol. Best of luck.

# 30 kindella2 @ 06/10/09 05:56 PM
Thanks for the work Russ...hope all is well with the fam.

# 31 Russell_Kiniry_EA @ 06/10/09 05:59 PM
It is not as easy to just "get rid of all the TeamBuilder teams" and that would fix the rosters. And frankly I do not want to rush into a choice we can't take back... hence we are going to take a bit of time and get the best solution possible for everyone, that seems fair (and the right thing to do) to me.

# 32 aukevin @ 06/10/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Seriously. Dump TeamBuilder and start over. Lesser of two evils in my book.

Rosters are way more important than TeamBuilder by itself with bad rosters.
I agree.

# 33 Deegeezy @ 06/10/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I wouldn't be against dumping all the current created teams on team builders website and then updating the rosters.

This is at least a start.

I can't believe that there is actually any hesitation whatsoever to doing this.

# 34 Palo20 @ 06/10/09 06:00 PM
So are the "real" rosters actually pretty good?

# 35 ActLikeYouCrow @ 06/10/09 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchneider84
Here's an idea. Let us edit the rosters through Team Builder and we can save it as a roster file and upload it onto NCAA 10. That way, those who are working on rosters for the community have a month in advance to get the rosters as close as possible.
problem with that is regular online play would still have the tb default roster

# 36 OMT @ 06/10/09 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
thats easy to fix... you put up a statement on the site and say that all the teams are going to be lost as it was in beta stage and the site needs to be updated for the final product
There have been 50,000+ teams created on TeamBuilder. So we are trying to figure out the best way to handle it that does not effect TeamBuilder.

# 37 lendog691 @ 06/10/09 06:04 PM
Sounds like a delay is the only answear in this dilema. The season doesn't start til arond Sept 1st anyway,that should give them the time they need.

# 38 Solidice @ 06/10/09 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
thats easy to fix... you put up a statement on the site and say that all the teams are going to be lost as it was in beta stage and the site needs to be updated for the final product
that was my thought. everyone that went to that site knew, or at least should have been able to read the top of the page where it said "beta". I made a team on TeamBuilder, sucks that I'll have to recreate them, but I would easily sacrifice the time I spent on them for get the correct roster that was supposed to be in the game, in the game.

of course if EA finds a better solution that allows for the TB teams already created to remain intact. that would be ideal for everyone.

# 39 nxt @ 06/10/09 06:07 PM
Ouch! Another year of NCAA 06 on the PS2.

Why can't they update rosters (like they do for Madden, etc.) for DL and have ready by July 14... or update the rosters on the TEAM BUILDER site. Screw the teams that have already been made with TB, everyone can just re-do them.

# 40 Deegeezy @ 06/10/09 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We know this is an option, but it is not a good one at all. There have been 50,000+ teams created on TeamBuilder. So we are trying to figure out the best way to handle it.
I bet well over half of those team created on Teambulder are bogus and the users won't even use them on the game once. Another several thousand of them are people who will use them for a game or two before realizing why they never used create-a-school to begin with, it's fake and boring. Another several thousand would gladly re-do their teambuilder schools for the sake of having legit rosters.

There may be 50,000, but it isn't a "legit 50,000."

I can't believe we'd sacrifice good rosters for the 100s of thousands if not millions that buy the game to save the 15,000 or so MAYBE legit team builder users.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.