Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check it out, right here.

Quote:
"A rookie defensive back sealed the fate of the Ravens today, sending the Titans into the second round of the playoffs in Madden NFL 10.

The Tennessee Titans (9-7) took on the Baltimore Ravens (10-6) in the opening game of the AFC Wildcard game today in a crazy back and forth game filled with dazzling special teams and defensive play. QB Joe Flacco threw an interception as time wound down that rookie CB Ryan Mouton intercepted with less than 20 seconds to go in regulation to seal the Titans victory."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Outkizast @ 06/12/09 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Same result in every video I've seen.

The human outside running game looks far too easy. What difficulty were the last two games played on, Ian?
I didn't think it was too bad... I think if their were better pursuit angles then it would help things a lot... I mean, it's cool for the lineman to run straight for the ball carrier most the time.. but the linebackers should try to cut him off a bit better... and the safeties FOR SURE need to pay more conservatively to avoid giving up the big play..

# 122 XtremeDunkz @ 06/12/09 06:30 PM
The stats bug is still in . After the screen pass TD to Johnson Hammond says how Collins just passed for 3500 yards on the season and he has had a great year.

# 123 jp7588 @ 06/12/09 06:30 PM
Another HORRIBLE Flacco over-throw intercepted by Harper. Very nice.

Mr. Ball-Hawk himself Ed Reed came up big in the 4th with a pick.

EDIT: DAMNNNN another AWFUL deep ball by Flacco sails well over the intended receiver's head about ten yards out of bounds.

# 124 Anti Honor @ 06/12/09 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
More cool observations after watching the 3rd quarter:

Ian continuing to try to go wide with CJ. The Ravens finally caught on.
Fantastic.

I guess I should have finished watching all 4 quarters.

# 125 jfsolo @ 06/12/09 06:31 PM
Just watched the whole game.

The Good

As far as my taste go, Presentation is excellent

Quite a few penalties which was good, probably should have been more especially false starts and offsides.

Some inaccurate throws without pressure

CPU not abandoning the run too early

Good to see the CPU sniff out the screen after they got burned for the TD

The Bad

Late game A.I. for the CPU-Once they got the penalty the playcalling went in the crapper and they had no chance of tying up the score.

The defense in general. Maybe we are in "panic" mode, but things aren't looking good on this front. On so many plays the front seven don't seem to know how to play NFL football. They can't beat their man with a speed rush or great use of technique, outside containment is non existent, defenders don't know how to use the sideline or teammates as allies. Both defenses seemed like two generic defenses with no sense of identity at all, not two of the tougher defenses in the league.

# 126 ZoneKIller @ 06/12/09 06:31 PM
Oh and about the rest of the videos I LOVED THEM ALL.
Thought everything looked good

# 127 countryboy @ 06/12/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
More cool observations after watching the 3rd quarter:

*Bad passes.
*The great over the shoulder catch by Heap just before taking a huge hit and fumbling out of bounds.
*The QB Sneak is not automatic anymore!
*The Ravens player on the stationary bike on the sideline!

Ian continuing to try to go wide with CJ. The Ravens finally caught on.
Yeah...you could see the adaptive AI kick in, in the 2nd half.

# 128 Cusefan @ 06/12/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
The stats bug is still in . After the screen pass TD to Johnson Hammond says how Collins just passed for 3500 yards on the season and he has had a great year.
Its was a AFC Wild card game...

# 129 wallofhate @ 06/12/09 06:33 PM
I think at this point it's just counter productive. We got people who haven't touch the game go apesh*t over something the see. At this point the only people who have a fair gripe are the players from community day. I'm not kissing a#* but damn I can't say a movie is going to suck by judging it from the trailer! If it sucks when I finally play it I'll be the first one yelling from the rooftops but lets wait till then. I've never seen interaction with a game developer like this before and it's a damn breath of fresh air I just don't want people to take that for granted because everybody knows madden sells millions either way.

# 130 Outkizast @ 06/12/09 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
I think at this point it's just counter productive. We got people who haven't touch the game go apesh*t over something the see. At this point the only people who have a fair gripe are the players from community day. I'm not kissing a#* but damn I can't say a movie is going to suck by judging it from the trailer! If it sucks when I finally play it I'll be the first one yelling from the rooftops but lets wait till then. I've never seen interaction with a game developer like this before and it's a damn breath of fresh air I just don't want people to take that for granted because everybody knows madden sells millions either way.
you can't notice how the defense reacts to the offense by watching the video??? hmm.. I can...

EDIT: that sounded rude.. my bad... what I meant to say was I appreciate the developers very much but that I can see things from the video that should be addressed without having to play the game myself...

# 131 suprany @ 06/12/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
True. I give Ian a lot of credit for what he does on here. If the game sucks, I won't have a problem coming on here and saying it- but I certainly wouldn't say it until after I played it more than a few times come August. But that has nothing to do with the good work Ian is putting on a forum like this.

I think voicing concern over what we see in videos/features prior to game going gold can be productive though, especially given Ian's apparent willingness to take fan impressions into account. I still am optimistic this will be a good video football game.

# 132 Broncos86 @ 06/12/09 06:38 PM
When a guy named wallofhate is telling you to mellow out, we need to take notice.

# 133 countryboy @ 06/12/09 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
When a guy named wallofhate is telling you to mellow out, we need to take notice.

# 134 sparkyiii2k @ 06/12/09 06:40 PM
Ian the funny thing is there is no such thing as a sim because the nfl isn't perfect most of the big plays are based off of break downs & mistakes as long as there no fundamental glitches like clippings and robo qb I'm happy the game looks awesome can't wait to take my Texans to the superbowl lol. Great job overall

# 135 stiffarmleft @ 06/12/09 06:41 PM
Quote:
It's not a trailer it's a full game and some of the CD guys have the same gripes being expressed by people who have not played the game, not enough DL pressure and linebackers not playing correctly, that can be seen in the vid without playing it. Also I knew snakes on a plane would suck based on the trailer.

# 136 Matz21Moabit @ 06/12/09 06:41 PM
So my impressions:
the game looks really good and also gameplay looks great and this could be the best football game ever but they must change the running animation. i mean if they donīt fix these ugly animation, all good aspects of the game would be destroyed. they made so many thins better this year but why do they make a step back by the running animations ? look !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiqt6Kargc

2009 had much better running animation why do ea change this ?
if they do not try to fix the running animation problem this would be a game killer for me and i think after a few weeks i would sell the game and play madden 09. i think i would be sad because all other great things of madden 10 will miss in 09 but the running animation are much more important

# 137 countryboy @ 06/12/09 06:42 PM
Video 3 - 2:00 mark...

LOL @ the ref trying to get out of the way of Rice on the check down pass.

# 138 Broncos86 @ 06/12/09 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz21Moabit
2009 had much better running animation why do ea change this ?
if they do not try to fix the running animation problem this would be a game killer for me and i think after a few weeks i would sell the game and play madden 09. i think i would be sad because all other great things of madden 10 will miss in 09 but the running animation are much more important
Okay, now that's a first.

# 139 NYyankz225 @ 06/12/09 06:44 PM
Oh man the game is looking beastly. Nice job Ian!

I do hope the D Line gets a bit more push on pass plays. Dont necessarily need them to break tackles but everyonce in a while knock back the pocket.

Looks GREAT though!

# 140 thudias @ 06/12/09 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
Lets just say that the game looks 500% improved. Thanks for everything Ian.

Plus I think a lot of the complaining has to do with the fact that Ian is so willing to work with us here that everybody thinks whatever they say will get put into the game. Alas, that's not true.
Weird... rather specific?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.