Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check it out, right here.

Quote:
"A rookie defensive back sealed the fate of the Ravens today, sending the Titans into the second round of the playoffs in Madden NFL 10.

The Tennessee Titans (9-7) took on the Baltimore Ravens (10-6) in the opening game of the AFC Wildcard game today in a crazy back and forth game filled with dazzling special teams and defensive play. QB Joe Flacco threw an interception as time wound down that rookie CB Ryan Mouton intercepted with less than 20 seconds to go in regulation to seal the Titans victory."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Maximus205 @ 06/12/09 06:46 PM
Ohhhh WEeeeee!! 4th vid @7:12 Todd Heap got cleaned up by Thorton. Helluva catch though but gaaahhhhh!!!

# 142 zeromph @ 06/12/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz21Moabit

2009 had much better running animation why do ea change this ?
if they do not try to fix the running animation problem this would be a game killer for me and i think after a few weeks i would sell the game and play madden 09. i think i would be sad because all other great things of madden 10 will miss in 09 but the running animation are much more important

Man, I can't even keep up anymore. Evidence that you will never be able to please people.....

# 143 Outkizast @ 06/12/09 06:47 PM
Seems like not too many players OVER-pursue the ballcarrier.... Is the game programmed to have that in it?? it's just an idea to help stop all the big plays maybe... if some defenders over-pursue, at least it may funnel the ballcarrier towards more defenders... making it harder to break off huge plays... just a thought...

# 144 Tyrant8RDFL @ 06/12/09 06:49 PM
My likes and dislikes of the game so far

I like that the game has more atmoshere to it.
The seperate chatter you hear from different fans in the stands sound perfect. That is how it is when your at a game.

I enjoy the cutscenese, but at times they dont showcase the moment correctly. Like a certain player will score but someone else will be in the cutscene not the actual player who scored.

The graphics are nice and better lighting than 09. I dont see the blue cool effect anymore. Things look more natural.

I enjoy the old way of selecting your plays coming back. It make it easier to focus on the play of your choice.

Im also happy with all the additional features that are given to us the gamers. Camera angles, gamespeed, etc etc. Thats awesome!!!

My Dislike

I dont like the animations. I'm sorry for beating this over and over but the animations just dont look right to me. They seem uncomftable when running. Its not fluid. I also dont see any variations of animations for the interior line. It looks very vanilla and repetitve. I did'nt see any spin moves, clubbing, or bull rushes where the Dlineman is shoving the O lineman back into the QB or pocket. I pretty much saw the same animations over and over for the line play. They engage and then at some point dissengage. This is a area that needs improvement for Madden 11.

Thats pretty much it for me. I dont have the luxury of actually playing the game so I can only base my feedback from the videos provided.

One Note:
I also wanted to point out that the playoff logo on the field is to large. Its only 10 yards wide.
here is a photo.

# 145 ugotjackdup @ 06/12/09 06:49 PM
correct me if im mistaken but in the second video on a deep throw, i thought i seen ian user controlling the wideout. the wr appeared to go up for the ball very nicely even though it was incomplete. nice to see though.

# 146 dmaff15 @ 06/12/09 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I love the panic button approach around here.

I just played a game as the Patriots against the Steelers and rushed for 40 yards on 18 carries and passed for 125 (8/18).

I really question why the hell I spend all day doing this stuff only for people to freak out.

dammit man you cannot take everyone seriously, just like in the real world the majority of people are jackasses and it's even easier over the internet.

i forgot who said this quote but it's "think of how stupid the average person is and then realize that half of them are even stupider."

people need to realize that bitching and complaining are not going to do anything and that constructive criticism would be a lot more helpful.

i think the video looks at ton better than madden 09 but there are still issues that need to be fixed and looked at.

adem and lbrulez are right about the defense though...

keep up the good work....most of us really appreciate it!!!

lets go pens

# 147 Anti Honor @ 06/12/09 06:50 PM
The game looks great.. The game play has me a bit worried. I still say the human game looks to be on the easy side. I'm still curious what difficulty level this game is played on. If it's above pro level, I don't have to play the game to see it's going to need sliders, again.

Just my .02

Thanks for the video.

# 148 countryboy @ 06/12/09 06:52 PM

Video 4 - Chris Johnson subbed out due to fatigue!

At count..he was out I believe for 4 plays.

# 149 Outkizast @ 06/12/09 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
Not sure what you mean.

You know another feature that is amazing for me. In the first drive, when Ian marched down for the touchdown on basically all outside runs, I was like, damn.. another game with no outside gap control to bounce the guy back inside.

Then I watch Ian's next drive and they all make it outside and bounce the runner back inside. I love it. Must be that new AI.
I agree. The adaptive AI is great... now if we can get them to take the outside away on the screen pass, and funnel him back inside towards more defenders....

# 150 countryboy @ 06/12/09 06:55 PM
also video 4...

2nd and goal for the Titans...beautiful play-action pass but Collins throws an errant pass.

# 151 Broncos86 @ 06/12/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I agree. The adaptive AI is great... now if we can get them to take the outside away on the screen pass, and funnel him back inside towards more defenders....
Late in the game, I noticed the screen being shut down more and more.

# 152 Bgamer90 @ 06/12/09 06:56 PM
My thoughts:

- Presentation is really good (tons of cut scenes)
- Players overthrow
- Love the ball coming out during sacks
- Better catching
- Running animation needs work

After reading some of the problems people here are posting, here's what I've got to say:

1. Some of the problems can be addressed by changing game sliders.

2. Why when some people see a player do something bad in these gameplay vids that it's a problem with madden? Players make mistakes all the time. I just find it funny when I see people complaining about stuff like players going out of bounds during pass plays (which btw, happens way less compared to 09 judging by these vids and also happens in real life games), and DL players falling down (which happens a lot in real life games).

Some of these complaints are just so "complaints to be complaining".

# 153 jp7588 @ 06/12/09 06:57 PM
Finally finished it. Came away mostly impressed. It really looked like that holding call that negated the late touchdown pass really deflated the Ravens. Did anyone think there were too many holding calls?.... I don't know the average, it just seemed like there were a lot.

Contrary to popular opinion I don't really think the sky is falling on the Defense. Most of the points scored were on big plays, Ravens interception for a TD and a 77 yard TD pass, that's 14 of their 21 points. Titans interception for a TD (on what was essentially the last play of the game) a 37 yard TD run by Johnson and a long screen pass to Johnson that went for a TD (I think). That's 21 of Tennessee's 35 points. Keep in mind, despite being held to only 10 points by Baltimore in the playoffs last year the Titans did put up 391 yards of offense. Johnson ran for a 6.5 ypc average on only 11 carries and Justin Gage put up over 130 yards of receiving.

The difference in this game was Johnson's speed. I think the defense should have keyed on the outside runs earlier in the game and should have been more conservative in their pursuit angles.

Besides for a couple big plays, Baltimore's offense was stagnant and I liked that. Flacco was inconsistent as was Ray Rice. I think Ian only completed around 50% of his passes and I thought the two interceptions he threw were very reasonable. I loved seeing Ed Reed come in and make a big play late in the game.

# 154 KANE699 @ 06/12/09 06:57 PM
Random side note, why are Kerry Collins and Bo Scaife wearing adams helmets?

# 155 turfguy23 @ 06/12/09 06:58 PM
Holding call in the 2nd video was Awesome!!!

#73 (RG) just tackles the MLB. It was a blatant holding call and looked very real.

Sports game of the year candidate. Vids are looking great!

# 156 Bgamer90 @ 06/12/09 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz21Moabit

2009 had much better running animation why do ea change this ?
WHAT?!?!?

Wow....

I'm leaving (for now)

# 157 Finsfan46 @ 06/12/09 06:59 PM
Alot of good in these videos, thats for sure ! And I am even gonna touch on one that the majority might disagree on.
I really listened to the commentating, to see if I was really missing something...cause I had thought it was ok, and seem to be one of the few that dont think Hammond ruins the game.
On numerous times he used First and Last names...I liked that.
It wasnt just "Lewis on the tackle"...it was "Ray Lewis brings him down". So overall it was play by play, and it still didnt bother me.
Some people say there is to much "dead" spaces with no talking, and there is....but thats when you hear the crowd, sounds from the field...player chatter etc.. ect..
So you have to ask yourself, are you playing the game....or watching it on TV ? Because I think in Madden's case, they are making it a mix of both, and in my opinion it works (even with the old tech)

# 158 MJKiehl680 @ 06/12/09 07:00 PM
I think the videos look awesome just one question though: Is "slow" the default game speed or is it like normal or something.

Im getting annoyed seeing all these complaints about running animations and other garbage like Kerry Collins' face isnt right I cant imagine how Ian must feel. Honestly, when you're running a play, instead of reading your blocks are you really going to think "Wow look how he's running this isnt perfect". Its a video game. It will never be perfect especially how bad 09 was i still think 10 has made leaps and bounds. Good job so far Ian

# 159 KANE699 @ 06/12/09 07:01 PM
Something that bothers me.

Why do all the players at the line on the punts jump up to block it, this should not be happening they are in NO posistion to block these punts.

# 160 jp7588 @ 06/12/09 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
also video 4...

2nd and goal for the Titans...beautiful play-action pass but Collins throws an errant pass.
I remember that pass. He air-mailed it big time way out the corner of the end zone. 'Twas a thing of beauty. Or should I say 'ugly'?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.