Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted all of the Madden NFL 10 ratings, via an Excel spreadsheet.

Quote:
"I am really looking forward to seeing how the spread out ratings affect the game. It makes the strengths and weaknesses of each team apparent and depth becomes more important. Users will have to strategically consider each team’s personnel. It should really open things up with the games better resembling what would be seen in the NFL."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 speedy9386 @ 06/14/09 07:29 PM
Give it a try before criticism.

# 22 Chiefsfan881129 @ 06/14/09 07:34 PM
oh i will but i am just being real when looking at how good a player is in real life and what he should be in madden and when he gets shafted after being one of the best its shows how much of a joke these ratings are

but nothing will stop me from hating or not buying this game but its just maddening to see a good player who has done something in this league and gets shafted it makes you wonder if EA Does not watch film or do there homework but hopefully they will fix it this season good night!

# 23 Ed O'Neil @ 06/14/09 07:36 PM
Can anyone post the 49ers ratings here .. it's pretty ******** I have to pay (I know it's only 5.99 but still it's the principle) to download files .. what is this world coming to ..

# 24 xxjgbxx @ 06/14/09 07:41 PM
hate to break it to the guys who work on the rosters but the Hefty Lefty Jared lorenzen hasnt been a giant in almost a 2 years he should be released to the FA pool

# 25 SportsTop @ 06/14/09 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
But The Ones I Listed Have Played Like Colquitt Who Gets RAPED BY EA Cuz They Got A Dude That Bases His Ratings Off Of A Fake System Instead Of Looklng At How Good A Guy Is And What He Has Done In This League

A Rookie Yes I Can Understand Your Point And I Agree With It But A Guy Who Has Been In The League For 4 YEARS And Is One Of The Best At His Position And Gets RAPED By EA I Defentally Have A Right To Complain Again I Never Useally Complain But I Have A Reason To Complain Now But Good Points Though Anyway Good Night!
I'd say it's fair to say Colquitt is around the 10th best punter in the leage based off last year's stats. The 78 rating he got put him as the 13th rated punter in the game (or 11th if you count the ties).

Again, I'd say it's fair.

# 26 Ed O'Neil @ 06/14/09 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
pay for what? Just hit the link to download
LOL Nevermind .. I am the ****** ..

# 27 J Masta J @ 06/14/09 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbadman
Always puzzles me how rookies like Sanchez can be rated higher than a very similar player in Brady Quinn. Quinn was a first round QB (and if he was in last year's draft would have been the first off the board), yet he also has NFL experience (in which he has looked good). But somehow Sanchez is a 78 as a rookie (must be the 1 1/2 years experience as a college starter) vs. Quinn's miserable 71 (must be his 4 years college).

This isn't a Quinn rant either, goes for any rookie who hasn't taken a snap. The only rookies who should be rated higher than veterans are when the veterans have been poor during their NFL stay (Tavaris Jackson).

Ratings always are bleh though.
I agree full-heartedly. If you're going to stretch ratings, do it for the rookies too. They are WAY overrated in this year's game due to the significant drop in the average starter's ratings. I guess I'm fine with the stretched out ratings, but rookies need to be scaled WAY back to keep with the trend.

# 28 Ed O'Neil @ 06/14/09 07:48 PM
LOL As a Niners fan I know position I'm looking for during and after the first season ..

Not a QB over 70 .. wow ..

EDIT: I am going to have a lot of fun rebuilding the 49ers .. lots of holes .. going to keep me occupied for a long time.

# 29 18manning18 @ 06/14/09 07:59 PM
Actually last year he was 13th in the league in terms of average yards per punt, so it does seem fair, considering even though the numbers not high, he's probably more than capable of punting it a reasonable distance.

Most of the ratings seem fair in my opinion, and i'm almost positive Dan Morgan retired, so they should fix that. But really he did play on a defense that led the panthers to the superbowl, he just got injured a lot. He's better than fujita and the other guy who's name im not gonna attempt to spell. It's not like the saints ever play defense anyways so you shouldn't be too worried.

# 30 mKoz26 @ 06/14/09 08:08 PM
Saints fans:

There are two types of blocking. Run blocking, and pass blocking. Your linemen excel at pass blocking, and not so much at run blocking. Therefore, their overall rating is a balance between the two, and for the Saints line that means only good overall ratings, rather than great ones.

Did the breakdown help?

# 31 the drewster @ 06/14/09 08:16 PM
Im pissed right now... chris harris is a 76 with 74 speed. WTF

# 32 treee @ 06/14/09 08:18 PM
Lol, the Browns are a team is dissarray and are rated ahead of the Bengals.

# 33 mKoz26 @ 06/14/09 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drewster
Im pissed right now... chris harris is a 76 with 74 speed. WTF
I say his overall is fine, but his speed way low. That should be looked at come roster updates.

# 34 Deegeezy @ 06/14/09 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
I Hate to do it as i useally dont complain about madden or the player ratings but i must say THESE PLAYER RATINGS SUCK I dont care if it because of the new ratings its just an excuse in my book 3 things come to mind that made me determain how big of a JOKE THESE RATINGS ARE I ALMOST FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR LAUGHING AT HOW DUMB THESE RATINGS ARE COMPARED TO PREVIOUS YEARS IT MAKES ME WONDER WHOEVER DOES THE RATINGS IF HE IS DRUNK WHEN DOING THE RATINGS

# 1 Chiefs P Dustin Colquitt a 78 WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me this guy is one of the games best Punters and he gets a 78 i dont care if he had a bad year last year he was Hurt but whoever did the ratings is drunk because you cant sit there and tell me a top 5 punter is only a 78 ovr

heck if my leg was hurt for half of a season i could not kick the ball either so are you going to downgrade me EA I would hope not

granted he stuggled last year but he had a hammy problem for most of the season and it hurt his avg and stuff who cant kick when you have a hammy problem i know i wouldn't and couldn't

this guy is still a top 5 punter I Think the so called ratings dude needs to go spend more time in the film room before doing ratings cuz he seems clueless this is the #1 bonified joke right here Comon EA Whats your lousy excuse

cuz i dont see one and i surly dont see any new kicking ratings but yet he is a 78 ok whatever EA Start watching film before doing your ratings cuz this is a joke

#2 Glenn Dorsey a 75 but Eillis of the Aints is an 85 Ellis is overrated and had a bad year last year like dorsey and is not good at all yes Dorsey struggled but he had poor coaching which did him no good

yes he is swiching Positions but his rating should stay in the 80's until he proven he is no good and cant play the postion again the ratings are a joke

#3 Flowers and Carr and Legett 77, 71, and 59 what a joke these guys played really good For rookie CB'S last year mostly Flowers and Carr who took Surtain job which says alot about a rookie and yet these guys get shafted these 2 guys are on there way to being the best CB duo in the league and prolly become 2 of the best Shutdown Corners in the league granted for as bad as a pass rush the Chiefs had last year these 3 played above expctations and yet get these joke ratings whatever EA your really funny

Flowers should be more of an 82 while carr a 77 and leggett a 65 but Again whoever does the ratings is drunk and needs to watch more film and he would see these guys played better then he rated them untill these ratings are fixed they will be a joke and its sad they chose to go the 2k route which is why i really could not get in to espn nfl 2k5 altought it seems these ratings make the game play better which is cool and is what i want but surly tthere are guys who should have better ratings and out preformed the ratings they currenly have and get shafted which is a joke alot of these guys had good years and looking at some of the ratings there are players who had worse years and get better ratings then the guy who had a good year what a joke anyway i thought i point how big of a joke these ratings are and i hope next year and during the weekly roster updates this year that EA watches film and rates the players how they should be rated and be fair about it instead of this favorisem stuff they pull every year

and hopefully they do the same for Madden 2011 cuz right now these ratings are a joke mainly because of Colquitts ratings which once i saw this i knew these ratings Suck anyway good day

there is meny more i could think of but i'll save those for another day right now this is the 3 biggest jokes in terms of how bad these ratings suck get rid of them or fix em good day!
Ellis had a bad year last year?

# 35 gr18 @ 06/14/09 08:24 PM
Simply evaluate and fix ratings to your liking when you get the game.Ratings will never be right for anyone so it's not worth stressing over.I've already written down about 140 in the NFC that I plan on tweaking.Not many of those players are more than a few points off.

I'm going to have to see how a 45 qb plays/sims before I would change that.

Rookies,in most instances,are ones I would bring down some.It doesn't make sense that a high draft pick from last year would be lower than a 4th rounder this year.Most rookies this year will have little impact as well.

# 36 Unforgiven @ 06/14/09 08:28 PM
at Will Allen's ratings. Rated 75, lower than both our rookie corners, and his speed is a 91, with 89 Accel. Lmao.. I'm not even going to bother ranting about it. I'm just going to change his ratings appropriately when I get the game, because those stats do not match the Will Allen that plays for Miami.

# 37 Champ24 @ 06/14/09 08:36 PM
I think a lot of you guys are applying these new numbers to what it meant in past Maddens. Some of you should chill out and the play the game first before you start moaning. I'm willing to bet it's not half as bad as you are claiming it to be.

# 38 SportsTop @ 06/14/09 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
I think a lot of you guys are applying these new numbers to what it meant in past Maddens. Some of you should chill out and the play the game first before you start moaning. I'm willing to bet it's not half as bad as you are claiming it to be.
Agreed. You don't even know how a 75 Will Allen plays. It isn't going to necessarily the same as another 75 rated QB.

Everyone needs to get a grip.

# 39 the drewster @ 06/14/09 08:40 PM
on a positive note the panthers o line looks great.
Gross 95
Wharton 83
Kalil 82
Vincent 74
Otah 86

# 40 Unforgiven @ 06/14/09 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Agreed. You don't even know how a 75 Will Allen plays. It isn't going to necessarily the same as another 75 rated QB.

Everyone needs to get a grip.
I don't care that he's a 75. What bothers me is that he's lower than our two rookie corners who haven't played a down in the NFL, and he's the one teaching them everything they need to know about the game..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.